Mysterious “Network Adapter” from Apple?

Citysnaps

Elite Member
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
The only thing I can think of is a travel hub. But those are such a commodity now I can't see Apple entering that market. That it has an internal battery is interesting.

The new HomePod with a twist?

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Does the description have to include all the WLAN tech it supports? Because only listing up to 802.11n isn't encouraging.

That's what's throwing me off, otherwise I'd think either a return of the Airport, or maybe something like a new AP type device ... maybe some kind of cellular AP? I don't see anything mentioning that tech.

Cmaier

Site Master
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Does the description have to include all the WLAN tech it supports? Because only listing up to 802.11n isn't encouraging.

Probably doesnt need to list all the specs because what matters is the frequencies, though that suggests it isn’t supporting the 6 band.

i read through all the PDFs submitted and i can’t figure out what it is.

jbailey

Power User
Reaction score

mr_roboto

Site Champ
Reaction score
Really? With a USB-A port. Not happening.
The article doesn't mention USB-A. The photo at the top is a stack of 5th generation AirPort / Time Capsules, first sold in 2013, and those definitely do have a USB-A port on back. I use it all the time on mine - you can connect a USB drive and have the AirPort present it to the network as a file share, and point Macs at it for TM network backup.

Colstan

Site Champ
Reaction score
The supposed leaker, "Majin Bu", who is claiming that this will be a new AirPort backup system for Time Machine to be unveiled with macOS 13, is the same person that, a few months ago, released an alleged schematic of Apple Silicon for the Mac Pro. After @Cmaier took a gander at the diagram, he thought it was nothing, and of little value to those of us trying to divine Apple's product roadmap. I would use the same level of skepticism with this supposed source, but we should find out soon enough with WWDC less than two weeks away. It's been a while since Time Machine has seen a substantial upgrade, so this would be welcome, but caution is appropriate.

Top Bottom
1 2