Katbel

Site Champ
Reaction score
Fall- path.jpg

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
View attachment 18212

sharing some film from nyc over the next few days (including the one from yesterday in the actual nyc thread). these were taken over labor day weekend.

Imagine working for five years in NYC someplace, finally getting a cube with a view, only to see with foreboding on some Monday morning the arrival at street level of the components of a huge crane...

mollyc

seeker of light
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
Fujifilm
Imagine working for five years in NYC someplace, finally getting a cube with a view, only to see with foreboding on some Monday morning the arrival at street level of the components of a huge crane...
Imagine moving to NYC in 2001 and having your fiance work at the WTC.

mollyc

seeker of light
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
Fujifilm
At one time, I worked on the 79th floor of WTC1. The company I was in had moved down to the 2nd floor by 2001.
my (now) husband worked on the 88th floor in 2001. he was traveling that day but was on the phone with a colleague when the first tower was hit. that colleague made it out but 1/3 of his other company mates did not.

Katbel

Site Champ
Reaction score
my (now) husband worked on the 88th floor in 2001. he was traveling that day but was on the phone with a colleague when the first tower was hit. that colleague made it out but 1/3 of his other company mates did not.
I'm glad for him, even if I imagine the sorrow he and you must have endured. It still affects me
We were on a road trip with a dear friend and his wife. He was on vacation and not at the the WTC but all his friends and colleagues didn't make it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom
1 2