Powerball Frenzy

ronntaylor

Elite Member
Reaction score
A winner ticket was reported in California If this is what you're alluding to?
Nope. California, Ohio and New York (IIRC) all said that their lottery system was not the cause of the delay. Somehow rumors are swirling that it was a technical glitch with the Powerball number generator. But what really happened was one of the systems (that Power Ball officials cannot name) had trouble processing all entries in time. So security protocols kicked in. A few years ago there was some shenanigans with Mega Millions (?) officials for non-jackpot winning tickets. Lots are expressing credulity that California has the solo winner. But I think California sells at least 10% of tickets so of course lots of winner will come from California. NYS had at least 23 winners of $50K+.

gollum

Power User
Reaction score
2 billion dollars - so close yet so far. In all fairness, its one of those type of blessings that may turn out to be more of a curse. I didn't win, so I'll never know.

rdrr

Elite Member
Reaction score
Nope. California, Ohio and New York (IIRC) all said that their lottery system was not the cause of the delay. Somehow rumors are swirling that it was a technical glitch with the Powerball number generator. But what really happened was one of the systems (that Power Ball officials cannot name) had trouble processing all entries in time. So security protocols kicked in. A few years ago there was some shenanigans with Mega Millions (?) officials for non-jackpot winning tickets. Lots are expressing credulity that California has the solo winner. But I think California sells at least 10% of tickets so of course lots of winner will come from California. NYS had at least 23 winners of $50K+.
Just as I predicted in an earlier post, that an acquaintance of mine parroted a conspiracy theory probably heard from NewsMAX. That Gov Newsom's hand probably was in the glitch so they could extreme tax the winner and fill their coffers.

Top Bottom
1 2