Representative-elect George Santos' completely fabricated past and qualifications

mac_in_tosh

Site Champ
Reaction score
The GOP is not interested in actually governing. All we heard from them in the last election was illegal immigration and crime. So now that they have a majority in the House, they are addressing these supposedly crucial issues...by investigating Joe and Hunter Biden. They hate the federal government, or they are capitulating to their donors' hatred of it, so they don't care if it's disabled for the next two years.

The sad part of all this is that they got enough votes from ordinary people to get into this position, people who voted against their own interests to put this authoritarian, elitist group in power. The GOP has convinced a large part of the population that the "libs" don't represent their best interests, that somehow they do. So taking away their safety net - Social Security, Medicare etc. - is good for them? Overturning Obamacare is good for them? Introducing a large federal sales tax is good for them?

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
1674679979620.png

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score

Hah... so MTG is willing to lend him one of her own nicknames. He's way ahead of the whole GOP conference when it comes to sheer fabrication, but on the related platform of misrepresentation, he has some competition. One can well wonder if he has the wit to take anything Greene pitches with more than a grain of salt. Even McCarthy may have cautioned him about that!

KingOfPain

Site Champ
Reaction score
Surprise, surprise, George Santos caught in a lie again:

It was quite clear from the start that the mugging and the assassination attempt were fabricated by him, but it's good to have confirmation.
He is such a pathological liar that he gives Trump a run for his grifted money.

lizkat

Reaction score
Surprise, surprise, George Santos caught in a lie again:

It was quite clear from the start that the mugging and the assassination attempt were fabricated by him, but it's good to have confirmation.
He is such a pathological liar that he gives Trump a run for his grifted money.

Must be time to call up my Republican congressman again and ask why he and his peers are still tolerating this guy as "one of us" seated amongst them in the 118th Congress.

Even the sports columnists are joking about Santos now, inventing for him some heroic accomplishments as a major league sports player that Santos himself hasn't quite got around to claiming (yet), e.g., last week in the Boston Globe a suggestion that ol' George claims to have "won 20 for the Red Sox as a righty screwballer in 2009..."​

Of course my Congressman's office will only remark that Santos' continuance in office is a matter for the party leadership to resolve. Easy for him to dismiss inadequate representation for two full years. In truth the R majority is so thin they can only afford to lose four votes on any ordinary measure brought to the floor.

Doubtless as a result of that fact, McCarthy says the voters can fix the Santos problem in 2024. You see, a three-vote margin sounds (and is) even more potentially disastrous: there are at least three moderate Rs left in today's House: Ohio's David Joyce, California's Young Kim, South Carolina's Nancy Mace.

And so for the sake of "so much winning," the House GOP tolerates a clearly unworthy peer instead of having promptly ousted Santos and scheduling a special election to replace him. They hang the success of any of their most difficult votes ahead on Santos' presumed loyalty to McCarthy. What a dice-roll.

Had they expelled Santos, the chances of electing a Republican replacement would have been better than they're going to be in future. At first it was the Dems in NY-03 taking loud exception to Santos having been seated. As time goes on and McCarthy apparently figures to leave it all to the several public prosecutors looking into Santos' possible legal missteps, the Republicans of NY-03 also grow more dissatisfied, especially since the guy has been shamed into stepping back from his ill-advised committee assignments.
The NY-03 voters are represented now by a guy drawing a paycheck for exactly nothing, wandering around like a lost puppy and trying to dodge reporters, even as those reporters cut jokes and extend the public's sense of Santos' fabrications at his expense and just to sell newspapers.

KingOfPain

Site Champ
Reaction score
Must be time to call up my Republican congressman again and ask why he and his peers are still tolerating this guy as "one of us" seated amongst them in the 118th Congress.

I think the real reason is quite clear: They need his vote!
But I doubt that this will be the answer that you are getting, if any. Politicians are masters in saying absolutely nothing with a lot of words.

lizkat

Reaction score
I think the real reason is quite clear: They need his vote!
But I doubt that this will be the answer that you are getting, if any. Politicians are masters in saying absolutely nothing with a lot of words.

Yep, especially right now in this neck of the woods (NY-19). And maybe not even many words. The response I'm likely to get (from a spokesman for a redistricted House seat that was and still is purple, was formerly represented by a popular and moderate Black Hudson Valley Democrat but is now reigned over by a conservative white Hudson Valley Republican) is quite likely to be so attuned to re-election concerns as to run to "The Congressman completely understands your concerns and certainly shares them, thank you so much for taking the time to call us." It's his 2024 stump speech. :ROFLMAO:

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
This shit just keeps getting more bizarre.

Rep. George Santos was charged with theft in since-dismissed 2017 dog breeder case​

• GOP Rep. George Santos was charged with theft in a Pennsylvania case that was later dropped and expunged from his record, according to a lawyer who had aided Santos and now regrets helping him.
  • That lawyer affirmed reporting that Santos was charged with theft by deception after multiple bounced checks were written in his name.
  • The attorney said she no longer believes Santos’ story that someone had stolen his checkbook and written checks totaling thousands of dollars.

fooferdoggie

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
This shit just keeps getting more bizarre.

Rep. George Santos was charged with theft in since-dismissed 2017 dog breeder case​

• GOP Rep. George Santos was charged with theft in a Pennsylvania case that was later dropped and expunged from his record, according to a lawyer who had aided Santos and now regrets helping him.
  • That lawyer affirmed reporting that Santos was charged with theft by deception after multiple bounced checks were written in his name.
  • The attorney said she no longer believes Santos’ story that someone had stolen his checkbook and written checks totaling thousands of dollars.
man the perfect GOP rep lies scams steals animals

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
man the perfect GOP rep lies scams steals animals
Romney called him out both directly to his face and in the press. As a Republican currently in office I have always been impressed with the way he sticks to what he believes regardless of party.

fooferdoggie

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Romney called him out both directly to his face and in the press. As a Republican currently in office I have always been impressed with the way he sticks to what he believes regardless of party.
ya there was a video that looked like he was reading him the riot act.

NT1440

Power User
Reaction score
Is this guy in any committees that would make him privy to classified information?

I don’t think he’s a risk, because he’s clearly just a conman, but the idea that he’s been elevated to some semblance of power without anyone knowing who he actually is or what he’s done in his life is…troubling.

That said, he and Trump are the perfect embodiment of the *results* of the decades-long rot in our system, not the cause.

KingOfPain

Site Champ
Reaction score
Is this guy in any committees that would make him privy to classified information?

I don’t think he’s a risk, because he’s clearly just a conman, but the idea that he’s been elevated to some semblance of power without anyone knowing who he actually is or what he’s done in his life is…troubling.

AFAIK, he stood down from all his committee assignments, probably to appease the outcries.
While he is mainly a conman and a pathological liar, he clearly is interested in money, so I wouldn‘t rule out that he might try to sell secrets.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
But wait, there's more.

George Santos says Kyrsten Sinema told him to 'hang in there.' Her office says that’s a 'lie.'​

Santos told Newsmax that after Sen. Mitt Romney lashed out at him ahead of Tuesday's State of the Union address, Sinema told him to "hang in there, buddy”