Representative-elect George Santos' completely fabricated past and qualifications

ronntaylor

Elite Member
Reaction score
I'm shocked (well, not really) there hasn't been more condemnation from the GOP.

Apparently the majority are OK with that. And will likely also be OK when other lying clowns run for office in the future, now that Santos' actions have been tacitly green-lighted.
McSpineless and his caucus won't agree with this. They need every vote. The only real hope is criminal prosecution and conviction. The latter will (probably) be the way that he's finally kicked out of congress. Even then he can kick the can down the road for an extended length of time and serve till who knows when.

Cmaier

Site Master
Staff Member
Site Donor
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
McSpineless and his caucus won't agree with this. They need every vote. The only real hope is criminal prosecution and conviction. The latter will (probably) be the way that he's finally kicked out of congress. Even then he can kick the can down the road for an extended length of time and serve till who knows when.

Good strategy to let him stay there until he voted for McCarthy, but kick him out before he votes on any real legislation that could be invalidated once we learn he’s actually not a U.S. citizen. ;-)

KingOfPain

Site Champ
Reaction score
Not sure if this has been mentioned yet:
Someone employed by Santos pretended to be the chief of staff of Kevin McCarthy to get more donations for Santos.
The kicker is: Apparently McCarthy knew about this since 2021. The only conclusion is that McCarthy wanted the seat and the vote so much that he even ignored this fraud.

ronntaylor

Elite Member
Reaction score
Good strategy to let him stay there until he voted for McCarthy, but kick him out before he votes on any real legislation that could be invalidated once we learn he’s actually not a U.S. citizen. ;-)
People joke about his citizenship status, but nothing would surprise me at this point. I really see nothing to show that he is actually a naturalized citizen or don't know anything about whether or not he was born here. I would need incontrovertible proof with seals and signatures and even then with this dude!

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Republicans being weak with this sweaty-looking slob.
They needed his vote, they got it. Time to remove him. McCarthy claims it’s not up to him to decide if Santos should resign, it’s up to the people of New York. As if he can’t simultaneously let the people decide while also calling on him to resign? Is this very unfortunate but common historical practice when a member gets out of line lost on McCarthy?

Nah, it’s willful ignorance, but if they can’t even be forceful against this cowardly freshman (been in hiding) “representative”, who has no juice at all, that doesn’t bode well for anyone who gets out of line going forward. Or should I say, doesn't bode well for the people who have to manage those who get out of line.

McCarthy has been and is going to be steamrolled.

Santos should never have been sworn in, it speaks volumes there wasn’t enough public and inner-party outcry to get him out. Republicans will not even pretend to care about ethics when it’s easy, but will go to great lengths to fabricate it, just like Santos did his life story.

Santos can make an exaggerated but not entirely untrue comment in earnest though: “I made Kevin McCarthy the Speaker”.

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
It’s a shame it’s only the NY Republican Party that’s calling for his resignation. McCarthy has at least now said Santos shouldn’t be seated on any committees. But they still need his vote. Desperately. The only hope is that he is swiftly sent to prison or Brazil (amounting to the same thing), because he will not be able to vote without being on the floor, thanks to Republican fear. Hopefully that’s just one of their many rules that will backfire.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
Kicking somebody out of the Republican Party has become meaningless. The Wyoming GOP booted Liz Cheney because she dared to investigate Jan 6 and not spread election lies for Trump.

So now when they have a legitimate reason to remove somebody… too bad. The action of removal itself has lost its legitimacy. They are toothless and it’s their own fault. Enjoy your charlatan representation for 2 more years and watch the seat flip in 2024.

Citysnaps

Elite Member
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
In case anybody here is looking to make a huge jump in life, perhaps even running for the United States Congress, here's a résumé template worthy of consideration. Seems it was good enough to get a republican House member elected.

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
I'm shocked (well, not really) there hasn't been more condemnation from the GOP.

Apparently the majority are OK with that. And will likely also be OK when other lying clowns run for office in the future, now that Santos' actions have been tacitly green-lighted.

A few more rank and file members of the GOP house delegation have chimed in with quotes attributed to them by CNN, but their statements were a little more nuanced. My own congressman, Molinaro, seems aware he's representing a purple district so he stopped short of calling for resignation. The other who was quoted in the same piece later did say he thought Santos should resign. I suppose to the hard right of the GOP conference, these two guys are now RINOs and should be targeted in 2024. Suits me if they install a hard right guy in the primary because at least in my district that will guarantee election of a Democrat.

Two New York Republican lawmakers — US Reps. Marc Molinaro and Mike Lawler — told CNN on Thursday morning they don’t believe Santos can serve his district effectively.

“There’s no way I believe he can fully fulfill his responsibilities,” Molinaro said.

“I think it’s clear, like I said, he has lost the confidence of people in his own community, so I think he needs to seriously consider whether or not he can actually do his job effectively and right now it’s pretty clear he can’t,” Lawler told CNN.

Lawler later said in a statement, “I believe he is unable to fulfill his duties and should resign.”

Well Molinaro's waffle-laden doubts about Santos being able to "fully fulfill" his responsibilities did get my attention, so on my coffee break his local office is gonna get a phone call. I'm a Dem and he'll know that, but he'll also know I don't just vote, I pay attention to what happens after elections. I don't want a congress critter who thinks he can always dance on a fence in a purple district. Sometimes ya gotta take a stand. I know for sure there are plenty Republicans in this district who are appalled that Santos was even seated, and I'm going to remind Molinaro that he knows that too.

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
This guy's story gets more bizarre by the day. Who the hell is this guy? How the hell did he make it to congress? This is going to be a movie one day.

Every day he's in congress is a good day for democrats though, I can't believe McCarthy didn't jump at the chance to prove he has at least a couple vertebrae left, but he's acting like Santos just didn't vote for a bill he promised to or something, like its a legislative snafu or something, and not a pathological liar and fraud.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
There's no way Ryan would be saying this if he were still in office. The only time they stand for what's right is if they're leaving or out of office.

Former GOP House Speaker Paul Ryan calls on Rep. George Santos to resign: 'This isn't an embellished candidacy, it's a fraudulent candidacy'​

shadow puppet

Certifiable
Reaction score
Nassau GOP aren't too happy with Santos either. This is from Wednesday but didn't see it shared here.

Full video here:

Screen Shot 2023-01-13 at 9.47.28 AM.png

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Nassau GOP aren't too happy with Santos either. This is from Wednesday but didn't see it shared here.

Full video here:

View attachment 20822

McCarthy hasn't remained silent though, he's throwing his full support behind Santos.

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
McCarthy hasn't remained silent though, he's throwing his full support behind Santos.
Long time established that McC is a Opportunist POS, many Republicans are turning on Santos, , they see weakness of supporting him, not from their Koolaid drinkers, but in a general election.

Last edited: