Second booster for those over 50

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Got mine yesterday and have mild side effects but nothing Tylenol couldn't knock out. It's been six months since my last dose and my card is now full.

Cmaier

Site Master
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Got mine yesterday and have mild side effects but nothing Tylenol couldn't knock out. It's been six months since my last dose and my card is now full.
They put the sticker on the back of my card this time :)

I prefer the apple wallet version, anyway.

Citysnaps

Elite Member
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Thanx for the reminder. We need to get ours.

ronntaylor

Elite Member
Reaction score
Got my 2nd booster last Friday after eye doc appointment. No side effects besides just the injection site being a tiny bit sore that night.

An elderly couple that I check in on a regular basis got home boosters this past Monday. She was knocked out for the next day and a half. Had to cancel a couple appointments and said she was shocked by how bad she felt. He suffered no ill effects. Both in their 80s.

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Got mine yesterday and have mild side effects [...]

1651177017447.png

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Got my 2nd booster last Friday after eye doc appointment. No side effects besides just the injection site being a tiny bit sore that night.

An elderly couple that I check in on a regular basis got home boosters this past Monday. She was knocked out for the next day and a half. Had to cancel a couple appointments and said she was shocked by how bad she felt. He suffered no ill effects. Both in their 80s.
It really seems to have a different impact no matter who you talk to, I guess it speaks to how the virus can make some really sick while others don't even notice it. Based on my reactions I am betting I wouldn't have done well if I had caught it with no vaccine, my brother ended up catching it after both doses (no booster) and it still laid him out for 2 weeks.

Cmaier

Site Master
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
My wife and kid (each boosted once) went camping with some friends this weekend, and brought home Covid :-(

I am currently testing my theory that hiding in the mater bedroom with the door locked will keep me safe. Will let you know.

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
My wife and kid (each boosted once) went camping with some friends this weekend, and brought home Covid :-(

I am currently testing my theory that hiding in the mater bedroom with the door locked will keep me safe. Will let you know.

Dang, keep us in the loop.

Citysnaps

Elite Member
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Last Friday I decided to get off caffein after a few dozen years being on it. Cold turkey. Saturday was fine. By Sunday afternoon it hit me like a ton of bricks. Muscle aches, major headaches, flue-like symptoms, lethargy, irritability, fatigue, tiredness, feeling foggy, no energy, runny nose/congestion, some nausea, etc.

Looked up the symptoms for caffein withdrawal and I hit all of them. It can last two to nine days for that to subside. Apparently I should have reduced my intake g•r•a•d•u•a•l•l•y.
🙁
Deep inside I kind of knew that was probably the right path. But thought it couldn’t be *that* bad just quitting.

It's now occurring to me that *some* of those symptoms are shared with being infected by Covid. Need to get tested tomorrow.
Sadly, we haven't been 2nd boosted yet. For no good reason other than laziness. Shaking my head on that.

Colstan

Site Champ
Reaction score
I'm still waiting for the second booster. I'm not old enough for it, so I tried to finagle my pharmacist into giving it to me anyway, but no dice. He gave me the first booster early, because he had extra sitting around not being used. Now he's firmly in the "wait until the CDC/FDA/DEA/FBI/DOD, Minerals Management Service, and U.S. Board on Geographic Names says it's okay" camp.

In other words, I'd get the fourth jab if I could, but I don't meet the arbitrary age requirement according to bureaucrats who pretend to know what they are doing. Meanwhile, plenty of vax are sitting on the shelf and I don't want the 'rona, at least not a serious case of it.

Cmaier

Site Master
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Apple knows…

Attachments

• 508520A5-20C0-40D6-BB3F-15A167DB9BAE.jpeg
    508520A5-20C0-40D6-BB3F-15A167DB9BAE.jpeg
    186.3 KB · Views: 39

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
I'm still waiting for the second booster. I'm not old enough for it, so I tried to finagle my pharmacist into giving it to me anyway, but no dice. He gave me the first booster early, because he had extra sitting around not being used. Now he's firmly in the "wait until the CDC/FDA/DEA/FBI/DOD, Minerals Management Service, and U.S. Board on Geographic Names says it's okay" camp.

In other words, I'd get the fourth jab if I could, but I don't meet the arbitrary age requirement according to bureaucrats who pretend to know what they are doing. Meanwhile, plenty of vax are sitting on the shelf and I don't want the 'rona, at least not a serious case of it.
For most of the pharmacies you can just mark down that you have a pre-existing condition to qualify and they won't question it.

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
That sounds like you want covid, too.

I'm not convinced I haven't had it at least once. Maybe way back when this first started, it was Feb/March of 2020, our daughter had this "weird flu" that lasted a long time, as a touch befuddling to the doctor, I got it, same symptoms, it was brutal.

For most of the pharmacies you can just mark down that you have a pre-existing condition to qualify and they won't question it.

"Sir, you do not appear to be pregnant ..."

Cmaier

Site Master
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
I'm not convinced I haven't had it at least once. Maybe way back when this first started, it was Feb/March of 2020, our daughter had this "weird flu" that lasted a long time, as a touch befuddling to the doctor, I got it, same symptoms, it was brutal.

"Sir, you do not appear to be pregnant ..."
Yeah, for 8 weeks in march and april of 2020 i had a cough that wouldn’t go away, and weird gastrointestinal issues. May have been covid, since it turns out it was circulating here back then, though since I didn’t spread it to my family I tend to discount the possibility.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
I was out and about last weekend and feeling a little wonky today so I'm probably going to test, fortunately we still have quite a few of them.

Cmaier

Site Master
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
I was out and about last weekend and feeling a little wonky today so I'm probably going to test, fortunately we still have quite a few of them.
Woke up with a headache and sniffles (though I always have sniffles), so took my first test of the pandemic and came up negative.

Yay me.

meanwhile, more reports coming in that the other families on the camping trip with my wife and kid are all testing positive.

My daughter still tests negative, but seems to have had symptoms all week. Maybe home rapid test false negatives at work.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Woke up with a headache and sniffles (though I always have sniffles), so took my first test of the pandemic and came up negative.

Yay me.

meanwhile, more reports coming in that the other families on the camping trip with my wife and kid are all testing positive.

My daughter still tests negative, but seems to have had symptoms all week. Maybe home rapid test false negatives at work.
One of the people I work with had al the symptoms and a fever of 103 but still tested negative until 2 days later, seems to be a trend.

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
I've used 4 tests (2 different brands), never had a positive result, so either I've had a number of false negatives (I'm pretty careful with the testing process), or I had a cold and/or allergies. The symptoms were pretty mild, negative results, so maybe it was nothing.

Cmaier

Site Master
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
I've used 4 tests (2 different brands), never had a positive result, so either I've had a number of false negatives (I'm pretty careful with the testing process), or I had a cold and/or allergies. The symptoms were pretty mild, negative results, so maybe it was nothing.
Well, the only calibration data I have is that my wife tested positive with one of the home tests the USPS brought, on the same day she got a PCR test and tested positive. My daughter was with my wife at the superspreader event, seems to have symptoms, but as of yesterday was still testing negative at home. She’s still asleep at 3 in the afternoon, so no idea if she’d test positive today. Also possible she isn’t collecting the sample right, etc.

Top Bottom
1 2