Sept. 9, 2024 - “It’s Glowtime” Event

New Apple Watch, but it looks like the others but a larger screen. Not sure how I feel about that, I find my 41mm series 7 to be the perfect size.

EDIT: Boo! They got rid of Stainless Steel.
Need to differentiate from Ultra, after all. So you get aluminum and ion glass instead of steel and crystal.

18 hour battery life isn’t great. Seems like Ultra will remain a worthy upgrade.

Need to differentiate from Ultra, after all. So you get aluminum and ion glass instead of steel and crystal.
But isn't the Ultra also Titanium? How does that differentiate if they shift the regular Apple Watch to Titanium as well?

Other notes: Sleep Apnea is a great feature. The Tide map is handy as is water temperature. And I could have used the on-watch translate feature when I was in Japan!

But isn't the Ultra also Titanium? How does that differentiate if they shift the regular Apple Watch to Titanium as well?

Other notes: Sleep Apnea is a great feature. The Tide map is handy as is water temperature. And I could have used the on-watch translate feature when I was in Japan!

the titanium regular watch still has glass, no? I may have missed it.

Finally an airpods max update. I’m buying.

I thought it was Sapphire. My stainless steel series 7 has sapphire crystal...
agreed. But i heard them referring to ionized glass, but didn’t hear them say anything about crystal today. I may have missed it.

agreed. But i heard them referring to ionized glass, but didn’t hear them say anything about crystal today. I may have missed it.
I didn't hear them talk about crystal either. That would be disappointing if they got rid of it. The glass isn't nearly as durable.

camera control looks useful. Let’s see what it can do..

um, so how do you use the button to just take a picture instead of telling you that a tree is a tree? I am confused

I don't think dog owners will appreciate a bunch of people coming up and taking photos of their dog. Why not just ask them "What kind of dog is that?"

Also, Siri will never be complete until it ends every answer it gives you with "you dumbass."

Back