Some M4 MBP rumors

Cmaier

Site Master
Staff Member
Site Donor
Main Camera
Sony
Take it for what it’s worth, but some rumors in this article about CPU core count, three thunderbolt ports, RAM, color (space black), etc.

All good and reasonable updates. I was hoping for Thunderbolt 5 but perhaps that’s for next year. I’m still most curious to see if the 2x ray tracing upgrade that Apple spoke about with the A18 Pro, is true for the M4 also.

I’m still rocking my M1 MBP 16”, but I don’t think I’ll upgrade yet. It’s still fast enough for everything I use it for.

I suspect that M5 or M6 will have Apple’s own radio chips in them, at which point I would definitely upgrade to get built-in cellular.

I’m still rocking my M1 MBP 16”, but I don’t think I’ll upgrade yet. It’s still fast enough for everything I use it for.

I suspect that M5 or M6 will have Apple’s own radio chips in them, at which point I would definitely upgrade to get built-in cellular.
I'm on an M1 14" from 2021. I expect to get at least 6 more years from it. We'll see...

This is the base M4. Pro/Max dies might get TB5 this year

have they ever done anything like that before? I thought in the past the only differences were in the number of controllers, not the capabilities of the controllers?

My M1 Max 16” does not ask to be replaced. But my iMac does want to step off intel in not too long and onto a Mac Studio.

I basically never use a Mac away from WiFi or the ability to seamlessly connect to my phone and wouldn’t want to pay my operator even more money so cellular I don’t see much appeal in.
My work laptop wants more memory though. Android + iOS dev on 16GB is pressed. Although the M1 Pro handles the constant memory pressure admirably

Back