Stealing The Election 101

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
Makes you wonder if the former 2X impeached president had a presidential :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: library, what would it be?

Several wings of empty rooms saying "Executive privilege", and one closet filled with stuff stolen from the WH?

Hah, close to good! But I'm quite partial to the existing satirical spoof of an online Trump presidential library... and an accompanying Twitter account which styles itself as the Donald J. Trump Presidential Anti-Library.

The website has been up for quite awhile now, since late 2020, and is the digital brainchild of a New York architectural practice which at least at first had desired to remain anonymous. I haven't kept up with whether that veil has been lifted, but the site itself is extremely entertaining, elegant and informative with a number of sub-portals featuring assorted takes on Trump's time in the WH. The website crew describe themselves in a FAQ as "an army of curators, writers, designers, and general trouble makers”...

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
Hah, close to good! But I'm quite partial to the existing satirical spoof of an online Trump presidential library... and an accompanying Twitter account which styles itself as the Donald J. Trump Presidential Anti-Library.

The website has been up for quite awhile now, since late 2020, and is the digital brainchild of a New York architectural practice which at least at first had desired to remain anonymous. I haven't kept up with whether that veil has been lifted, but the site itself is extremely entertaining, elegant and informative with a number of sub-portals featuring assorted takes on Trump's time in the WH. The website crew describe themselves in a FAQ as "an army of curators, writers, designers, and general trouble makers”...

Part of it shares my belief that it should instead be a Presidential Courthouse celebrating his lifetime of legal troubles.

Yoused

up
Reaction score
knee deep in the road apples of the 4 horsemen
Apparently the leader of tie "Oath Keepers" tried to press a legal action to restrict Biden's authority using the argument that he is akin to being the "Steward of Gondor ", a placeholder maintaining the realm until tie return of the proper Aragorn king.

It did not go well.

Yoused

up
Reaction score

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
Well, well, well… look who may have committed voter fraud:

On September 19th, about three weeks before North Carolina’s voter-registration deadline for the general election, Meadows filed his paperwork. On a line that asked for his residential address—“where you physically live,” the form instructs—Meadows wrote down the address of a fourteen-by-sixty-two-foot mobile home in Scaly Mountain. He listed his move-in date for this address as the following day, September 20th.

Meadows does not own this property and never has. It is not clear that he has ever spent a single night there. (He did not respond to a request for comment.) The previous owner, who asked that we not use her name, now lives in Florida. “That was just a summer home,” she told me, when I called her up the other day. She seemed surprised to learn that the residence was listed on the Meadowses’ forms.

Nobody will do anything to Mark Meadows in North Carolina. This is FURTHER proof that the crusade against voter fraud has nothing to do with it, and everything to do with suppressing the vote. Maybe the good folks of North Carolina will prove me wrong and lock Mark Meadows up…. 🤣 ok just kidding.

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1493954829072453632/

Makes you wonder if the former 2X impeached president had a presidential :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: library, what would it be?

Several wings of empty rooms saying "Executive privilege", and one closet filled with stuff stolen from the WH?
I never had high regard for W and thought his library would be filled with comic books and Playboys. Now Donny, your description Is a good as any or maybe they can make it a Hall of Shame if it is ever built, because if it is built and honestly portrayed what else could it be?
  • The genius of our 45th: Here is Donny low balling the value of property for tax purposes, and then here he is highly inflating the value for the purpose of acquiring a loan on it. :devilish:
  • A great leader who solved the Korean Crisis.
  • A great Patriot who strongly believed in Vlad’s word he had nothing to do meddling with US elections, told US intelligence agencies to mind their own business, and during the Ukraine War praised his favorite strong man murder-hero as a genius.
  • A great team builder who single handedly nearly broke the US’s reputation as he brought all of NATO together to despise him.
  • A great environmentalist who disbanded more environmental laws than all of his predecessors combined.
  • A great communicator who told a many great lies, turning the White House into a store front, Buy Your Favors Here!
  • And benevolent too, punished for a crime you committed for me? No worries I’ve got a pocket full of pardons!

Last edited:

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
Finally the 'r's showing their true faces boldly

https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1500933635901378565/

"If you investigate us & find us committing any wrong doing because we tried to overthrow the country because we didn't get our way... We'll go to war politically!"

So much for that whole "democracy" thing we had going on, that we like to talk so much about.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
The Supreme Court has ruled that court-drawn election maps in North Carolina and Pennsylvania must be used for the upcoming elections there. These maps overturned extreme gerrymanders. So this is a win for democracy. Unfortunately, it may only be a temporary reprieve for our form of government.

North Carolina lawmakers tossed out the preposterous idea that courts have no jurisdiction when it comes to laws regarding elections. Add that to the fact that 4 conservative justices agreed with that, and that SCOTUS previously ruled that federal courts have no jurisdiction in such matters. What does that mean? State legislatures can do whatever they want when it comes to gerrymanders and other election, regardless of their state constitutions?

It wasn’t long ago the same court ruled that they have more jurisdiction over how elections are run than Congress does when they invalidated the voting rights act.

These rulings are wildly inconsistent in their reasoning. But conservative justices are chillingly consistent in their steady erosion of voting rights, using any convoluted reasoning necessary.

(paywall removed)

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
The Editorial Board of The Washington Post has a few things to say about Mark Meadows (see previous post for context on his possible voter fraud)

(paywall removed)

Strict voting rules for thee, but not for me.

How else to summarize the revelations that Mark Meadows, the last White House chief of staff to President Donald Trump, and his wife voted in the 2020 election using the address of a mobile home in North Carolina where they did not reside? Mr. Meadows, who was eager to promote Mr. Trump’s lies that mail-in voting is rife with fraud, never owned the residence. In fact, he might not have ever set foot in it.

Compare this case with that of Crystal Mason, the Texas resident who was sentenced to five years in prison for submitting an illegal provisional ballot in 2016 while on supervised release for a felony conviction. Ms. Mason, who is Black, maintains that she did not know she was unable to vote and that a poll worker handed her the provisional ballot even though she was not on the state’s voter rolls. “It was to make an example out of me,” Ms. Mason told the American Civil Liberties Union of her prosecution.

lizkat

Reaction score
The Editorial Board of The Washington Post has a few things to say about Mark Meadows (see previous post for context on his possible voter fraud)

(paywall removed)

These guys on the Trump team so deserve to end up in prison, swinging for the fences of the facist form of freedom... where he and they decide who gets to do what, and everyone else is told they're free not to believe anything they hear or see unless it comes from The Don and his crowd.

Yet he and they keep skating, and ordinary people are who end up in the slam. Something's broken.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
These guys on the Trump team so deserve to end up in prison, swinging for the fences of the facist form of freedom... where he and they decide who gets to do what, and everyone else is told they're free not to believe anything they hear or see unless it comes from The Don and his crowd.

Yet he and they keep skating, and ordinary people are who end up in the slam. Something's broken.
It is my opinion based on my observations that ripping off, scamming, etc. millions of middle class or lower income people results in little to no accountability. Look at countless stories like Wells Fargo literally stealing from their customers for years, and they just got a fine. No executives did jail time for grand larceny. And no jail time for anybody that essentially destroyed the economy in 2008.

But if you rip off rich people, they will come for you. Whether it’s shoplifting diapers (recent NYPD brag-fest) or stealing a LOT of money from them like Bernie Madoff… somehow the law falls hard on your head in such cases.

I was listening to parts of Les Miserables today which made me think… how much longer will our society be able to infinitely reward the rich and punish the poor before we get another revolution?

Last edited:

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
It is my opinion based on my observations that ripping off, scamming, etc. millions of middle class or lower income people results in little to no accountability. Look at countless stories like Wells Fargo literally stealing from their customers for years, and they just got a fine. No executives did jail time for grand larceny. And no jail time for anybody that essentially destroyed the economy in 2008.

But if you rip off rich people, they will come for you. Whether it’s shoplifting diapers (recent NYPD brag-fest) or stealing a LOT of money from them like Bernie Madoff… somehow the law falls hard on your head in such cases.

I was listening to parts of Les Miserable today which made me think… how much longer will our society be able to infinitely reward the rich and punish the poor before we get another revolution?

In simple terms summary

Profit from scam: $1 billion
Fine for scam: $500 million
Remaining profit from scam: $500 million

lizkat

Reaction score
In simple terms summary

Profit from scam: $1 billion
Fine for scam: $500 million
Remaining profit from scam: $500 million

I was thinking something like that today when reading about two fines that JP Morgan Chase shelled out for repeated and longstanding recordkeeping violations. One to the SEC for $175 million and one to the CFTC for another $75 million.

So 200 million bucks in all, plus a (valuable) admission of failure to oversee communication methods and to observe recordkeeping requirements.

But see their GAAP net income for 2021 was $48.334 billion, up 65.9% from $29.131 billion in the previous year

Citing “widespread and longstanding failures” to maintain and preserve text and personal email messages and WhatsApp chats, the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) announced a $125 million fine against the bank Friday to settle violations of the agency’s books and records rules by a subsidiary, JPMorgan Securities, dating back to 2018. The Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC) announced a $75 million fine for similar violations dating back to 2015.

The bank acknowledged to the SEC that JPMorgan Securities failed to “reasonably supervise its employees with a view to preventing or detecting certain of its employees’ aiding and abetting violations.” The bank also admitted to the violations alleged by the CFTC regarding its commodities and swaps businesses. In both cases, JPMorgan agreed to cease and desist from future violations of the agencies’ record-keeping regulations.

According to the SEC’s order, from at least January 2018 through at least November 2020, “JPMorgan employees regularly communicated about securities business matters on their personal devices, using text messaging applications (including WhatsApp) and personal email accounts. None of these records was preserved by the firm. The failure was firm-wide and involved employees at all levels of authority.”

The SEC noted “dozens of managing directors across the firm and senior supervisors responsible for implementing JPMorgan’s policies and procedures, and for overseeing employees’ compliance with those policies and procedures, themselves failed to comply with firm policies by communicating using non-firm approved methods on their personal devices about the firm’s securities business.”

One executive director on the capital markets desk sent more than 2,400 texts in a one-year period from his personal device. JPMorgan could not furnish these texts when requested by the SEC, according to the order.

From January 2018 to November 2019, JPMorgan desk heads, managing directors, and other senior executives sent and received more than 21,000 text and email messages “using unapproved communications methods on their personal devices. These messages were not preserved by JPMorgan,” the SEC said.

Can you imagine the total worth of the investments discussed in those communications? Big, big bucks.

Now imagine how compliant the ensuing business was or was not, with respect to some of the other banking regulations not even addressed in this particular investigation. In fact these two investigation took place because the SEC found itself hampered in trying to respond to subpoenas from OTHER investigations.

Yet if you're a waitress and don't declare all your cash tips, the IRS will come after you for the tax plus a 20% negligence penalty (usually, because proving fraud takes time and money while producing a larger penalty). We're talking here about taxes on cash tips adding up to anything over 20 bucks a month. And they do audit waitresses more often because a lot of them get low wages and depend on tips, and their rate of not reporting them is pretty high.

But the amount of money a waitress handles in a year is infinitesimal compared to what investment bankers may deal with every day. These guys at Chase got their wrists slapped and their boss of bosses finally sighed and settled for a couple hundred million in fines. And why not. 200M is less than half a percent of 48.3 billion.

Yoused

up
Reaction score
But the amount of money a waitress handles in a year is infinitesimal compared to what investment bankers may deal with every day. These guys at Chase got their wrists slapped and their boss of bosses finally sighed and settled for a couple hundred million in fines. And why not. 200M is less than half a percent of 48.3 billion.
Tie general principle is that the heinousness of a crime is measured by tie breadth of its effect. If you rob a liquor store and scare the crap outta the clerk while makinG off with $247, that is a detestable felony tiat merits you being locked up for several decades. If you cunningly manipulate the energy market so that most of a state cannot afford to heat their homes of a winter, that is a minor transgression. It seems to be related to catastrophe simplex: if a person dies in a car accident, you can feel for the family's loss, but if a volcano explodes causing 150,000 nearby residents to perish, your empathy organ gets overwhelmed because there are just too many people to feel for.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
Tie general principle is that the heinousness of a crime is measured by tie breadth of its effect. If you rob a liquor store and scare the crap outta the clerk while makinG off with $247, that is a detestable felony tiat merits you being locked up for several decades. If you cunningly manipulate the energy market so that most of a state cannot afford to heat their homes of a winter, that is a minor transgression. It seems to be related to catastrophe simplex: if a person dies in a car accident, you can feel for the family's loss, but if a volcano explodes causing 150,000 nearby residents to perish, your empathy organ gets overwhelmed because there are just too many people to feel for.
There is some truth to that. Some people are terrified of crime if they see a story on the news, no matter how rare such an occurrence might be. But they aren’t scared of climate change in the slightest.

Top Bottom
1 2