The Republican Agenda 2021 and Forward

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
When you don't think your shit thru

https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1516539432240885765/

I'm surprised it wasn't pointed out to someone running for office about that pesky "separation" thing the founders also tossed in all willy nilly. Because there are other American citizens who perhaps follow something else that doesn't have HIS religion's textbook in it. You know, respecting ALL citizens, and stuff...

“The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion.”
― John Adams

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Holy shit!

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

1650489495758.png

1650489741163.png

Last edited:

Yoused

up
Reaction score
knee deep in the road apples of the 4 horsemen

It's interesting that the side that typically complains about wasting taxpayer money votes members in who are a definitive waste of taxpayer money.
TBH, bottled water is an evil waste of resources. I should think that the capitol is plumbed for water – a rep's office should have a water cooler or a tap with a filter on it. I think I would lose respect for a rep who stocked their office with dasani or perrier or whatever, just on basic principle.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
TBH, bottled water is an evil waste of resources. I should think that the capitol is plumbed for water – a rep's office should have a water cooler or a tap with a filter on it. I think I would lose respect for a rep who stocked their office with dasani or perrier or whatever, just on basic principle.

I tell you h-what. When you need to pee or spit tobacco in polite society you can’t do much better than an empty water bottle. Plus you can dispose of it in the nearest body of water.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score

"While the reporters are careful to repeatedly note that there is no basis for claims that Biden stole the election, this kind of framing of the Big Lie as a sincere-if-misguided concern is still a massive problem. It makes it sound as if Republican voters have legitimate concerns about the future of democracy. In reality, however, Republican voters are increasingly hostile to democracy.

Trump voters use the Big Lie in the same way Trump uses it: To put a moral gloss on what is a deeply immoral desire. We know this, because a new poll by Hart Research, commissioned by the New Republic, shows that the majority of Republicans support Trump inciting a violent insurrection to overthrow an election and install himself illegally in power. A full 57% of Republicans describe the January 6 attack as "an act of patriotism." Those folks saw the same thing everyone else did: A group of people, refusing to accept a lost election, using violence to derail the certification of the legitimate winner. The majority of Republicans simply would rather end democracy than accept losing power."

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Oh man. I can’t wait to see this Piers Morgan interview. Trump hardly gives interviews with anyone who will ask real questions, and I don’t blame him; it exposes what a airhead he is. And even when he has a tough interview, they’re always walking on eggshells to push him but not upset him.

Trump is an incredibly weak man, both mentally and emotionally. He hardly knows what to do when challenged on the spot. I thought Hillary, Biden and his 2016 primary opponents were way too weak on him.

If I were his opponent, I would have asked him over and over to give a firm condemnation of white supremacy without any deflections. During that Biden debate, if I had been Biden, I would have said “so what you’re saying is you can’t condemn white supremacy…”

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score

TL;DW Regardless of how this pans out, Disantis just told corporations not to invest in Florida. Doesn’t matter what you’ve done for Florida’s economy or how long you’ve been there. Disagree with the governments culture war and they’ll yank your privileges. So, good job on tanking Florida’s economic prospects.

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Regardless of what happens now or in the future, the task of auditioning to be House Speaker while also being a puppet on strings pulled by the lunatic caucus and Donald Trump is physically aging Kevin McCarthy pretty quickly.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
Regardless of what happens now or in the future, the task of auditioning to be House Speaker while also being a puppet on strings pulled by the lunatic caucus and Donald Trump is physically aging Kevin McCarthy pretty quickly.

McCarthy and Graham should be sitting on a porch watching a windsock to argue about which one just farted. That should be the height of their responsibilities.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score

Brilliant idea. Invite a third party to debate that won't whine about culture wars while also advancing the need for more than 2 parties. It probably won't be enough to beat the Democrats yet but the Republicans will take a serious hit.

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
I wonder what McCarthy is thinking about …. He’s probably afraid to say too much for fear of what next leak will prove he’s lying.

Just think about it, he backtracks and lies to the public to make up with Trump shortly after January 6. Here we are over a year later, and his first instincts are to lie about the time he told the truth, and phone Trump for forgiveness.

Definitely a cult.

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Orrin Hatch has gone on to rule over a distant planet or whatever happens to those people. I shall no be feeling sad or missing him.

I’ve no doubt many of these GOP folks are probably friendly in person and not unlike liberals in day to day interactions.

But their inability or unwillingness to ever have empathy for any group of people unlike themselves makes it hard to mourn them.

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
I wonder what McCarthy is thinking about …. He’s probably afraid to say too much for fear of what next leak will prove he’s lying.

Just think about it, he backtracks and lies to the public to make up with Trump shortly after January 6. Here we are over a year later, and his first instincts are to lie about the time he told the truth, and phone Trump for forgiveness.

Definitely a cult.

Trump is a guy who hangs onto certain grudges but McCarthy has learned that if you kiss the guy's behind often enough with photo ops for bonus points, Trump is also a guy who lives "in the now" and will usually let people gloss over their past failures to worship at the altar of Trump every single day.

Trump tends to forgive what happened yesterday so long as the groveling later on is public enough.

The trick is knowing where the line is. Every once in a while someone crosses it with him... like with Jeff Sessions having (properly) recused himself as AG from certain matters related to the Trump campaign fo 2016. Trump has never quit raging about that "betrayal" and talking about perceived disloyalty and disrespect. Hilarious if not so grotesque, since Sessions practically prostrated himself before Trump during his efforts for The Don during the 2016 campaign

With McCarthy, apparently Trump figures the guy could be an ally if the GOP retakes the House. Anyone Trump can use gets a few free passes, I guess. But he manages to extract public adulation for them.

What's funny about all that is that even with some grumbling about McCarthy in the House, he's way more likely to end up Speaker (if the Dems lose majority in November), than Donald Trump is to ever end up on a ticket for 2024. All the Rs are sick of The Don but still fear backlash from his vocal base ahead of the midterms. I'd not be surprised if GOP candidates for the White House in 2024 start popping out of the woodwork all over the place after November 2022.

DeSantis is not going to be the only one out there, even if Trump-endorsed candidates will have done well in the midterms. Trump's got too much baggage. His base is actually part of the GOP's problem and the Rs do know that. Heh, everyone tried to tell them that dismounting the Trump tiger would be dangerous. Pretty soon time to tell them that not dismounting will net them a 2024 top of ticket loss.

Top Bottom
1 2