The Republican Agenda 2021 and Forward

Yoused

up
Reaction score
knee deep in the road apples of the 4 horsemen
Elon Musk tweets that the democrat party is full of division and hate days after a white supremacist conservative kills 10 people in a grocery store based on race.

You can’t make this shit up.

See, the RWers subscribe to a definition of "hate" that is how the rest of us describe "I disagree with you and object to your foolish ideas." You must avoid interpreting their political language usage patterns as being consistent with those of rational people.

Last edited:

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
Alright, this is just over the top stupid now....

https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1527361150999900176/
The House's Democratic majority overcame some internal opposition to pass legislation on Thursday addressing high gas prices by cracking down on possible price gouging from oil companies.

The bill was approved along party lines in a vote of 217-207. Four Democrats -- Texas' Lizzie Fletcher, Jared Golden of Maine, Stephanie Murphy of Florida and Kathleen Rice of New York -- joined all Republicans in the chamber in voting against the legislation.

The Consumer Fuel Price Gouging Prevention Act, introduced by Reps. Kim Schrier, D-Wash., and Katie Porter, D-Calif., would give the president the authority to issue an energy emergency proclamation that would make it unlawful for companies to increase fuel prices to "unconscionably excessive" levels.
"The problem is Big Oil is keeping supply artificially low so prices and profits stay high. Now I think that when the market is broken, that's when Congress has to step in to protect American consumers," Rep. Frank Pallone, D-N.J., the chair of the House Energy and Commerce Committee, said in a hearing on Monday. "And that's what this bill does: It empowers the FTC to go after the gougers and empowers the agency to effectively monitor and report on market manipulation."

Oil executives previously testified before Congress to address concerns about their prices but insisted it was the result of larger forces, including supply and demand.

The price gouging legislation faced stiff opposition from Republicans, who blame the Biden administration's policies, including spending and pandemic-relief stimulus, for inflation. Republicans also renewed calls for more domestic energy production.

"If anybody is going to be sued for gouging, it should be the Gouger-in-Chief Joe Biden who has created this problem," House GOP Whip Steve Scalise said on the House floor on Thursday. "Stop relying on foreign countries for our energy when we can make it here cleaner, better than anyone in the world and lower gas prices and address this problem. This bill doesn't do it. We got to bring up the bills that actually fix the problem."

FFS

How the 'f' do you lean on the wobbly ass crutch of "we need more production", when the oil companies themselves don't want more production?
Many oil and gas executives say they have little interest in increasing oil production — even at crude's near-record prices, which make extraction very profitable for their companies.

The price of crude oil has been steadily rising since the start of last year. It hit $100 a barrel in March after Russia invaded Ukraine — the first time in 12 years it breached three digits.

If those oil companies ask for money to produce more oil to lower the price of oil they want to keep high, these same pinheads would be racing to give them money & lower any tax they want for them. Then cry too much money is being spent on covid.

It's not an agenda anymore, it's just straight fuckery.

Last edited:

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
Alright, this is just over the top stupid now....

https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1527361150999900176/

FFS

How the 'f' do you lean on the wobbly ass crutch of "we need more production", when the oil companies themselves don't want more production?

If those oil companies ask for money to produce more oil to lower the price of oil they want to keep high, these same pinheads would be racing to give them money & lower any tax they want for them. Then cry too much money is being spent on covid.

It's not an agenda anymore, it's just straight fuckery.

I paid about $0.15 more at the pump last week than I did the week before, a little south of $6.00 per gallon. WTF? The oil industry has been allowed to freely gouge us for about 3 months, and just now the government is trying to do something about it? It’s just another of countless examples of the government running cover for the people at the top to shore up their wealth even more. I don’t entirely blame the Republicans for that.

As far as Republicans, their entire platform is to make the American people suffer and blame Biden despite it being clear they are the ones to blame. If they don’t suffer political consequences as a result it’s no longer about people voting against their self interests. It’s about having a large population of mentally deranged assholes.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
I paid about $0.15 more at the pump last week than I did the week before, a little south of $6.00 per gallon. WTF? The oil industry has been allowed to freely gouge us for about 3 months, and just now the government is trying to do something about it? It’s just another of countless examples of the government running cover for the people at the top to shore up their wealth even more. I don’t entirely blame the Republicans for that.

As far as Republicans, their entire platform is to make the American people suffer and blame Biden despite it being clear they are the ones to blame. If they don’t suffer political consequences as a result it’s no longer about people voting against their self interests. It’s about having a large population of mentally deranged assholes.
Just ignore their most recent quarterly earnings reports showing record profits. After all, Jeff Bezos says inflation is all Joe Biden’s fault, and not the fault of mega-rich dipshits like himself cranking up prices to take advantage of consumer anxiety. And billionaires are all geniuses who never lie or do anything wrong.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
Just ignore their most recent quarterly earnings reports showing record profits. After all, Jeff Bezos says inflation is all Joe Biden’s fault, and not the fault of mega-rich dipshits like himself cranking up prices to take advantage of consumer anxiety. And billionaires are all geniuses who never lie or do anything wrong.

Our government's implicit message to the top "A recession is coming soon. How much time would you like to shore up your wealth? We'd like to avoid having to bail you out again. We'll do it. So don't worry about that. We'd just rather not. Apparently that's unpopular. But as you know, popularity pretty much has zero impact on what we do. Anyhow, as a show of good faith we'll give you at least a couple months. Let us know if you need more. We can probably milk these culture war distractions indefinitely. Abortion rights, what a gift!!"

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
What makes me want to find a some pearls to clutch

On Sunday, May 15, a video clip of Locke's recent sermon surfaced.

"You cannot be a Christian and vote Democrat in this nation," said Locke as he was greeted with cheers and applause.
https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1526048899810615301/

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
What makes me want to find a some pearls to clutch

https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1526048899810615301/
There was a very interesting interview on the radio this week about the marriage between “evangelical” Christianity and right-wing politics. Here was a story that really encapsulates it pretty well:

DAVIES: You write about a pastor in Fort Smith, Ark., Kevin Thompson, who delivered a sermon in the fall of 2020, which would have been right in the middle of the Trump-Biden presidential race. What did he say in this sermon?

GRAHAM: This was a pretty standard sermon that you'd hear in an evangelical church. It was about the gentleness of God. But he made one reference in the sermon that stood out to a couple of people in his congregation. So he was drawing this contrast between God as a loving and accessible figure and just sort of comparing them to, you know, earthly celebrities as remote and inaccessible characters. And he just made a quick reference to, I think, Oprah, Jay-Z and then Tom Hanks, just to sort of draw this contrast in an understandable way. And several congregants afterwards asked him, by text message and phone call, what did he mean by that reference to Tom Hanks? And one of them raised the possibility - you know, sort of suggested that he obviously didn't care about the issue of sex trafficking.

He was completely confused by this at first, but sort of pieced together that they were being influenced by QAnon. A piece of the QAnon conspiracy theory is that Tom Hanks is part of this ring of Hollywood pedophiles. So it was, you know, kind of a wake-up call for him - one of a couple of wake-up calls - that his congregation was really being influenced and listening to voices that he was having a hard time figuring out how to reach and how to respond to.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
Listened to an analysis of the CPAC convention in Hungary. It’s basically like if the Republicans got invited to Germany in early 1939 for a convention hosted by Hitler. Take all of Hitler’s greatest hits speeches and replace “Jew” with “Liberal” (they still mean Jew). Orban declared he has “cured Hungary of liberals”. He praised Tucker Carlson and said shows like his should be aired 24/7. Among his 12 point plan is “play by your own rules (read: ignore laws)” and put out the word that gay people are targeting children.

I don't know if traditional fiscal conservatives still exist but if I was one I would seriously be looking at all that and going WTF? That's not what I signed up for.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score

Jesus. Are they capable of not actually doing what they accuse others of? If you have kids, I highly recommend keeping them far clear of Republicans. Grooming is at the top of their accusation list.

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Glad to see Trump muppet and poor man’s-JR Ewing, David Perdue, lost in spectacular fashion after selling himself out to Trump.

Would be great if Trump ends up helping Abrams defeat Kemp. Trump is going to be livid Pence backed Kemp, and he’s two people he largely blames for his loss.

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
The agenda maybe F'd up, but we keep learning the people heavily into maybe worse.

You may have heard of Nick Fuentes. He's the KNOWN racist, that republicans keep NOT knowing is a racist / phobe and hanging out with. Then scramble when they are called out for hanging out, endorsing, and proudly taking pictures with. That guy, is trending on Twitter, and being known as having "cawthorned" himself.

https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1529801865822707713/
https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1529774012670349313/

Top Bottom
1 2