The Trump Indictment Thread

This is literally stochastic terrorism

(Individual-ONE) on Tuesday reposted a Truth Social post calling for a "citizen's arrest" of New York Attorney General Letitia James and Judge Arthur Engoron, who is overseeing his fraud trial. Trump shared a post by a user describing his "fantasy": "I WOULD LIKE TO SEE LITITIA JAMES AND JUDGE ENGORON PLACED UNDER CITIZENS ARREST FOR BLATANT ELECTION INTERFERENCE AND HARASSMENT."

Apparently he decorated it with emojis to indicate J/K. Because, kidnapping is always hilarious.

(The actual posting has been removed. Because, the internet forgets so easily.)

Lock him up. Sounds cliche, and I’m for due process… but this IS due process. You get charged, your bond is set… you follow the rules or go to jail.

Here’s a guy running around promising to do all sorts of crazy shit if he regains power, and yet we shouldn’t lock him up for violating the rules that allow him to remain free while he awaits trial? F*** right off, he’s a former president, which is supposed to mean about as much as being a baker or someone who stocks the grapes in the produce section - nothing. So let’s get past the part of wondering what will happen if a fat dumbass former criminal president goes to jail and end the mystery.

seems fitting, really

I love this quote: “Just because I’m pretty doesn’t mean I’m not a brilliant lawyer.” True. But it doesn’t mean she’s a brilliant lawyer either. The smart ones who want to get paid stay away.

I've speculated that Trump likes her next to him because of her looks.

What is it that motivates these lawyers to represent Trump? I guess for some it's money, at least the ones that actually get paid. But so many have taken hits to their reputations, their bank accounts (sanctions) and even their law licenses that any sane lawyer should know to stay away.

MAGA = Make Attorneys Get Attorneys

Trump is flirting with disaster. The threats against judges he elicits are the goal. They are not byproducts of his “free speech” and defense. He has no defense. He has a public pressure campaign, and the presidency is merely a part of that as well.

His lawyers are willing participants. He may have a few counsel who do their jobs well, but these amateur poser lawyer he has are really just cheerleaders at a cult rally, and they should be careful as well. This is not a game. Have they read up on the cases they’re defending their client against? They include lawyers under indictment…

“Donald Trump didn’t undermine our democracy because Putin did it. Except he didn’t. But he did. Boom schlock lock boom! Witch hunt!”

“Donald Trump didn’t undermine our democracy because Putin did it. Except he didn’t. But he did. Boom schlock lock boom! Witch hunt!”
man the shocks on trumps bus must be toast with all the idiots he tosses under it.

gonna need 4 wheel drive to get over Rudy.

IMG_0522.jpeg

“…the indictment’s recitation of supposedly ‘false’ statements and facts, undisputed solely for purposes of a First Amendment-based general demurrer/motion to dismiss, show that the that the prosecution of President Trump is premised on content-based core political speech and expressive conduct protected by the First Amendment,” Sadow wrote.

The remedy for false speech in a “free society” is not a criminal indictment, he added. “The response to the unreasoned is the rational; to the uninformed, the enlightened; to the straightout lie, the simple truth.”). The remedy is not a state RICO prosecution against the former President of the United States,” Sadow wrote.

Nobody should ever face consequences for spewing bullshit or inciting a riot.

Well, nobody except liberals.

“…the indictment’s recitation of supposedly ‘false’ statements and facts, undisputed solely for purposes of a First Amendment-based general demurrer/motion to dismiss, show that the that the prosecution of President Trump is premised on content-based core political speech and expressive conduct protected by the First Amendment,” Sadow wrote.
The remedy for false speech in a “free society” is not a criminal indictment, he added. “The response to the unreasoned is the rational; to the uninformed, the enlightened; to the straightout lie, the simple truth.”). The remedy is not a state RICO prosecution against the former President of the United States,” Sadow wrote.

Nobody should ever face consequences for spewing bullshit or inciting a riot.

Well, nobody except liberals.

This is not a legal argument. This is an argument to the MAGA base. "This is free speech, my first amendment right!"

Well, your second amendment right is also being "infringed" and "attacked". Go try to buy a gun - but for real this time, not for the camera.

This is more cult fodder. You get indicted, your freedom is restricted. If you want to suggest a wider argument about the constitutionality of limiting people's rights when they're accused and not convicted, fine.. but that's not what is happening here. "Not allowing him to say whatever he wants whenever he wants is an attack on free speech" is just a frivolous argument.

If he shot and killed someone, as he once suggested, I suppose they could make the argument that all he really did was move his index finger an inch (pulled the trigger), and since when is moving one's finger an inch cause for being jailed?

Oh well. He's got about three months of playing these games before the box he's trapped himself in becomes smaller and smaller. If he's already handling things like this, its not going to get any better as people he rose to prominence come out and point the finger at him in a court of criminal law.

And while he's whining about his speech being infringed, he's threatening cable stations and anyone who criticizes him with loss of license or indictment.

The guy is such a bully, attacking the judge's clerk and wife. The lower this guy sinks, the more the boundary of what is normal gets pushed back. Remember how one photo of Dukakis in an army tank pretty much sunk his campaign? Remember when the GOP had hysterics because Obama wore a tan sport jacket? The good old days.

Remember how one photo of Dukakis in an army tank pretty much sunk his campaign? Remember when the GOP had hysterics because Obama wore a tan sport jacket? The good old days.

I remember both. The Dukakis photo/video was the brainchild of Lee Atwater, Bush's political advisor.

Back