exoticspice1

Site Champ
Reaction score
1694941809789.png

an increase. 26.1fps @Jimmyjames

Andropov

Site Champ
Reaction score
More Geekbench weirdness. There are now 66 GB 6.2 cpu scores. That seems high for review units. Are people testing multiple times? The spread is very wide also. Single core from 2543->2999 and multi core from 6677->7779. Obviously it’s better to wait until the phone has done its indexing etc at the start, but that really seems like a wide range. I wonder if there are some fakes in there.
We should trust the higher scores. Many things can make the CPU perform slightly slower than expected (background processes, thermal conditions...) but almost none (other than faking the score, or overclocking which is not a factor on iOS devices) can make it perform better.

And if confirmed, the new scores put the A17 Pro as an extremely solid SoC upgrade.

leman

Site Champ
Reaction score
More Geekbench weirdness. There are now 66 GB 6.2 cpu scores. That seems high for review units. Are people testing multiple times? The spread is very wide also. Single core from 2543->2999 and multi core from 6677->7779. Obviously it’s better to wait until the phone has done its indexing etc at the start, but that really seems like a wide range. I wonder if there are some fakes in there.

Are these even review units? Could be some employees in logistics/testing department who managed to get their hands on the thing...

We should trust the higher scores. Many things can make the CPU perform slightly slower than expected (background processes, thermal conditions...) but almost none (other than faking the score, or overclocking which is not a factor on iOS devices) can make it perform better.

I agree!

Yoused

up
Reaction score
knee deep in the road apples of the 4 horsemen

Cmaier

Site Master
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
well IOS17 is now out Yawn. but hey multiple timers is real earth shattering.

And live voicemail, and audio message transcriptions, and contact posters, and standby, and FaceTime messages, and interactive widgets, and namedrop, and airdrop over Internet, and new autocorrect system, and shared passwords, and…

Jimmyjames

Site Champ
Reaction score
And live voicemail, and audio message transcriptions, and contact posters, and standby, and FaceTime messages, and interactive widgets, and namedrop, and airdrop over Internet, and new autocorrect system, and shared passwords, and…
Indeed. Seems like a fairly substantial update to me. Over 200 new features.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Indeed. Seems like a fairly substantial update to me. Over 200 new features.
Yet from what I can see there is still no option to have notifications on top again, even just an option would be awesome. IMO this was a huge step backwards for them, it's never made sense to put them below the fold like that... was it something they robbed from Android or something?

Jimmyjames

Site Champ
Reaction score
Yet from what I can see there is still no option to have notifications on top again, even just an option would be awesome. IMO this was a huge step backwards for them, it's never made sense to put them below the fold like that... was it something they robbed from Android or something?
I assume it’s because having them on the bottom is easier to use one handed. It can be quite difficult to reach the top of the phone for most people. Especially on a Pro Max. Having notifications on the bottom is more reachable.

That’s just my speculation however.

Cmaier

Site Master
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
I assume it’s because having them on the bottom is easier to use one handed. It can be quite difficult to reach the top of the phone for most people. Especially on a Pro Max. Having notifications on the bottom is more reachable.

Pretty sure that they actually said that was the reason when they made the announcement.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony

Sound reason and fine by me, just not sure why they can't give you an option for it, the logic can't be that hard.

Jimmyjames

Site Champ
Reaction score
Sound reason and fine by me, just not sure why they can't give you an option for it, the logic can't be that hard.
Oh I’m not opposed to options and I totally understand when something you are used to gets changed. It can be very frustrating. For better or worse, Apple tends to avoid too many options.

Cmaier

Site Master
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Which is all well and good, but the thing I really want from FaceTime is the ability to throw a url over to the other party so that they can see what I am seeing.
Not sure what you’re getting at here.

Yoused

up
Reaction score
knee deep in the road apples of the 4 horsemen
Not sure what you’re getting at here.
I sometimes have lengthy FT conversations, with the video floating over another app, and I find a page that the other person might be interested in, or that might prove a point, and it would be handy if I could just fire the url straight across to them so that they could see it as well. Kind of like facetime-airdrop … facedrop?

Jimmyjames

Site Champ
Reaction score
I sometimes have lengthy FT conversations, with the video floating over another app, and I find a page that the other person might be interested in, or that might prove a point, and it would be handy if I could just fire the url straight across to them so that they could see it as well. Kind of like facetime-airdrop … facedrop?
Can’t you iMessage them?

Top Bottom
1 2