Vaccine Booster

Roller

Elite Member
Reaction score
That's the problem, it could be either/or. In a way, I'm almost hoping it is covid, just so I can say that I finally got it.
Be careful for what you wish for. I know many people who feel the same way, but recall that COVID-19 may be associated with persistent effects. I know there's a prevailing opinion that everyone will get it regardless, but even if that's so, any illness that may require hospitalization would be best to avoid for now, if possible. As mentioned, you may have influenza, but unfortunately confirmation requires testing not available at home...yet.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
We focus so much on Covid that we tend to forget…maybe it’s just this year’s flu bug. 🤷🏻‍♂️
At least we now have easy testing so we'll know.

Be careful for what you wish for. I know many people who feel the same way, but recall that COVID-19 may be associated with persistent effects. I know there's a prevailing opinion that everyone will get it regardless, but even if that's so, any illness that may require hospitalization would be best to avoid for now, if possible. As mentioned, you may have influenza, but unfortunately confirmation requires testing not available at home...yet.
Yeah, my brother was the same way about wanting to get it over with and he's still paying the price weeks later, a lot of people end up with long haul effects. He had both shots but refused the booster.

MEJHarrison

Site Champ
Reaction score
That's the problem, it could be either/or. In a way, I'm almost hoping it is covid, just so I can say that I finally got it.

It sounds odds, but I wanted to be positive too. My theory is, if I'm feeling a little under the weather and it turns out I'm positive, then I'm not likely to be hit hard. I get to be one of those who say "It was no big deal, like having a small cold".

But since I came back negative, then it's still a big unknown. If I were to get it, I most likely would be just fine. I have all three shots and am generally a super healthy person. But I don't KNOW that until it happens. I could be one of the tiny percentage that gets hospitalized or even dies. 🤷‍♂️

So it sounds dumb to say I wish I was positive, but I absolutely understand.

Renzatic

Egg Nog King of the Eastern Seaboard
Reaction score
It sounds odds, but I wanted to be positive too. My theory is, if I'm feeling a little under the weather and it turns out I'm positive, then I'm not likely to be hit hard. I get to be one of those who say "It was no big deal, like having a small cold".

But since I came back negative, then it's still a big unknown. If I were to get it, I most likely would be just fine. I have all three shots and am generally a super healthy person. But I don't KNOW that until it happens. I could be one of the tiny percentage that gets hospitalized or even dies.

This is exactly my thoughts on the matter.

Roller

Elite Member
Reaction score
This is exactly my thoughts on the matter.
There is an increasing body of research showing that even patients with mild COVID-19-related symptoms may have significant persistent effects, and at least one lab study showed neurological damage. The trope that COVID is almost always mild and therefore not a concern isn't supported by the data. It's still unclear to what extent vaccination mitigates the risk, however.

My expectation is that the coming years will show long-term effects from a number of viral infections, the association between Epstein-Barr and multiple sclerosis being just one example. The more we can learn about the underlying mechanisms, the more we'll be able to devise effective therapies.

Edd

It’s all in the reflexes
Site Donor
Reaction score
It’s just about 3 months since my booster. Wondering if I should get another, but not much data in the news about that.

Renzatic

Reaction score
There is an increasing body of research showing that even patients with mild COVID-19-related symptoms may have significant persistent effects, and at least one lab study showed neurological damage

Eh, I’ve had brain damage since I tried holding my breath for 15 minutes back in 2nd grade. A little more brain damage isn’t all that open the door at the end of the hall, then take the first right. You’ll find the oven behind the shelf.

Hrafn

Snowflake from Hell
Reaction score
Eh, I’ve had brain damage since I tried holding my breath for 15 minutes back in 2nd grade. A little more brain damage isn’t all that open the door at the end of the hall, then take the first right. You’ll find the oven behind the shelf.
You should plan ahead better, next time.

Nycturne

Elite Member
Reaction score
Finally got boosted last Friday. Had a couple days of issues. Felt blah Saturday, felt better on Sunday so I overdid it and felt blah again on Monday. Feel fine now. It was Moderna on top of Moderna.

Yes, I've been slacking, but since we work from home and haven't really been going out anywhere this winter, I wasn't in a rush, but I do want to get back on the bike as things warm up.

Renzatic

Reaction score
I went in for an official covid test yesterday, mostly out of a sense of curiosity. I've felt fine for a couple of days now.

...except that my nose won't stop running.

Edd

It’s all in the reflexes
Site Donor
Reaction score
I went in for an official covid test yesterday, mostly out of a sense of curiosity. I've felt fine for a couple of days now.

...except that my nose won't stop running.
My nose has been running for at least 6 weeks, which kinda just feels like winter to me. I’m out on the slopes a lot, which tends to cause that. It’s intermittent though.

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
@Renzatic @Edd

Maybe some allergies? I know a lot people say they don't have them, but they can develop over time (where previously, you seemed to have none).

We use this site:

Here's out 5 day forecast, the drop is due to the rain - they calculate not only pollen generation but distribution (so rain really reduces the latter):

1644365853410.png

Top Bottom
1 2