Vaccine Booster

AG_PhamD

Elite Member
Reaction score
My arm is hurting less but I haven’t got my strength back. I don’t really want to go down the legal route and at the moment I am hoping it’ll continue to improve.

My youngest daughter tested positive on Sunday and so far my wife, eldest daughter and myself are all negative. I have a feeling by the weekend this may change though.

Yeah, generally I’d say it’s not worth it unless you suffer permanent or extremely long lasting injury that impedes your ability to work or severely impedes your QOL. In that the NHS would be paying for whatever you may receive treatment as is, it’s not like the US where you could easily be stuck with thousands in medical fees.

A couple times in my life I pinched my radial nerve, resulting in temporary complete paralysis of my left hand. Totally different situation but for me took about 6 weeks to get motor function back and a couple more weeks to get the strength back. You really take for granted how much the world is designed for having 2 functional hands. So I can totally sympathize with paralyzed or weakened motor function.

Sorry to hear about your daughter. The sense of impending illness sucks. My sister just tested positive. She’s a doctor and has made it the entire pandemic until now. My wife (also a doctor) and I have been waiting to get sick- while obviously I’d prefer not to get sick, at this point if it’s going to happen, it would be kinda nice just to get it over with.

bunnspecial

Site Champ
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that.

Sounds like it could potentially be SIRVA - Shoulder Injury Related to Vaccine Administration. This occurs when the needle is injected too high in the arm hits the bursa of the shoulder instead of deltoid muscle of the arm.

This is not unheard of and is usually the result of poorly trained medical staff or those giving injections hastily.

Little anecdote on that, although not as severe by any means.

My wife and I went to the same pharmacy on different days for our boosters.

Mine was-per my wife-in exactly the right spot. She said that they were taught in nursing school to go two fingers down from your shoulder joint. I actually had both my flu shot and my booster in the same arm.

A couple of days later, same pharmacy, but a different tech, they first of all wouldn't go same arm for flu/COVID for my wife. Second, the tech went right into her shoulder on both. Not any lasting effects, but she had a couple of rough nights of sleep because she couldn't lay on either side.

I had a DTaP back in August that was also in my shoulder and not on down-that was when she first told me about the two finger rule. That one felt less than great both when they gave it to me and a few days after.

Granted I've never given a vaccine, but if it really is correct to find your joint and go down the width of two fingers, that doesn't seem difficult to do.

Runs For Fun

Masochist
Site Donor
Reaction score
Little anecdote on that, although not as severe by any means.

My wife and I went to the same pharmacy on different days for our boosters.

Mine was-per my wife-in exactly the right spot. She said that they were taught in nursing school to go two fingers down from your shoulder joint. I actually had both my flu shot and my booster in the same arm.

A couple of days later, same pharmacy, but a different tech, they first of all wouldn't go same arm for flu/COVID for my wife. Second, the tech went right into her shoulder on both. Not any lasting effects, but she had a couple of rough nights of sleep because she couldn't lay on either side.

I had a DTaP back in August that was also in my shoulder and not on down-that was when she first told me about the two finger rule. That one felt less than great both when they gave it to me and a few days after.

Granted I've never given a vaccine, but if it really is correct to find your joint and go down the width of two fingers, that doesn't seem difficult to do.
Yikes, yeah definitely not supposed to go right in the shoulder. Two fingers down is about where the thickest part of the muscle is. You definitely don't want to be hitting a bone.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
Yikes, yeah definitely not supposed to go right in the shoulder.

Back in my playing days in college when I junked my shoulder, they did this thing where they inserted a needle into my shoulder joint and injected dye to see how bad my rotator cuff was was torn. That was bad enough, but then they told me they had to put some pressure in the joint to try and force the dye out and I would feel a little pain. Little my @$$. I about came off the table. Worse pain from a medical visit EVER.

So I feel the pain of a shot in the bursa.

The-Real-Deal82

Site Champ
Reaction score
Well I’ve had physio on my arm and they have said it’s most likely where the needle from my booster injured the muscle. I’ve been given some exercises to do over the next few weeks which I am happy with. The pain is only there in certain positions and I’ve noticed my strength is starting to come back gradually. I think these exercises will hopefully get me back on track [emoji1303]

Renzatic

Egg Nog King of the Eastern Seaboard
Reaction score
Around 5PM last night, I found myself silently, suddenly developing a sore throat. As the night wore on, the soreness became worse, to the point that I kept waking myself up last night making weird snnnrrrrkkk noises due to the swelling.

Today, I have a runny nose. I'm sneezing like an absolute bastard, too. My throat feels better, but still a little sore.

Normally, I'd write this off as a sinus infection. I still have my sense of taste and smell through the snot, and I'm not running a fever. But still, I'm gonna grab a covid test.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Around 5PM last night, I found myself silently, suddenly developing a sore throat. As the night wore on, the soreness became worse, to the point that I kept waking myself up last night making weird snnnrrrrkkk noises due to the swelling.

Today, I have a runny nose. I'm sneezing like an absolute bastard, too. My throat feels better, but still a little sore.

Normally, I'd write this off as a sinus infection. I still have my sense of taste and smell through the snot, and I'm not running a fever. But still, I'm gonna grab a covid test.
Did you request any tests from the big bad Government? We got ours in the mail last week. If not hopefully they're easier to find now with case rates tanking the way they are.

Renzatic

Reaction score
Did you request any tests from the big bad Government? We got ours in the mail last week. If not hopefully they're easier to find now with case rates tanking the way they are.

Never did. Though I just got back from picking one up at the local CVS. I'm now awaiting the results.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
NEGATIVE! Guess I've just got a head cold.
Congrats! These tests are great man, not just for this but it also allows you to hang out with other people who test negative as well. Anytime I visit a friend we both test first.

Renzatic

Reaction score
Congrats! These tests are great man, not just for this but it also allows you to hang out with other people who test negative as well. Anytime I visit a friend we both test first.

Though I can't help but wonder if I did it right...

MEJHarrison

Site Champ
Reaction score
In our house we have two who tested positive, two who tested negative and 1 who didn't get tested.

Of the two positive, they're fully vaccinated and had a mild cold for a week. The two negatives haven't gotten sick enough to take another test.

The person who didn't get tested had both initial shots, but skipped the booster. It's obvious to everyone he has/had Covid. He even got blisters on his toes for no reason (it seems that's another symptom?) He was sick for basically all of January. Nothing horrible, but lots of coughing. It's like he had a bad cold for a month (and counting).

Obviously 5 people aren't enough data points to draw any conclusions. But that's how things have played our in our house.

Renzatic

Reaction score
Well, I thought I was on the mend today, but as the day wore on, I’ve developed a light fever, and have a little cough. I’m hardly suffering, but it feels like a good case of the grud.

We’ll see how I am tomorrow, but I can’t help but wonder if I got a false negative on my Covid test.

Renzatic

Reaction score
Still have my sense of smell though. I can still savor the myriad stanks of the earth.

Also, my fever is fluctuating between 99 and 100. Fun!

Renzatic

Reaction score
Update! Fever broke again. My belly’s cold for some reason.

Still feel like I have these last couple of days,: a little blah, sometimes perfectly fine, other times a little chilly and tired, and it seems to vary every hour or so.

I’ll write more tomorrow, after my morning poop.

Top Bottom
1 2