What’s on TV?

• Thread starter Thread starter Huntn
  • Anyone can edit the first post of this thread WikiPost WikiPost
  • Start date Start date
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.
Then do not, I repeat do not, even attempt to watch Suicide Squad 2. It's worse. :oops:

Suicide Squad is the 2016 movie directed by David Ayer

The Suicide Squad is the 2021 movie directed by James Gunn, which is sort of "requel", maintains some of the original cast, while kind of being its own thing. This is the movie that's used to establish the starting point of Peacemaker (as he doesn't appear in the first movie).

The second movie, is clearly the better movie. :D

Gunn is also the showrunner of the Peacemaker series :)

Just finished the last episode and won't give anything away but this is one of the best shows ever IMO, from start to finish it was funny, sad, action packed and thoughtful.

I’m 4 eps in on Peacemaker. I can’t believe how entertaining it is. John Cena has leveled up. He’s showing a gift for delivering casually vulgar lines. Cracks me up.

Yeah, it so smartly blends drama, humor, meta commentary, character and plot nicely balanced and it loves the source material, it's just ridiculously fun to watch. It's (as you might expect), renewed for Season 2, and Gunn is doing another Suicide Squad related spin off!

Do Ya Wanna Taste It?
1645557472214.png

(Also changing my sig :D)

Then do not, I repeat do not, even attempt to watch Suicide Squad 2. It's worse. :oops:
I agree with @DT that The Suicide Squad was better than Suicide Squad (2016), but neither are up to my or Marvel Standards, and I realize some will ague that Marvel is just PG13 fluff while DC is a nice raunchy R in comparison.

Don’t get me wrong, I can enjoy demented stories with the key there're likeable characters. I really want to like Harley Quinn and sometimes I do, except for the DC branded raunchiness that exists for the sake of raunch or for lack of a decent story. I also liked Bloodsport, he seemed to have some depth In TSS, but the rest where just icky, Weasel, the Shark…⚔️ :)

With Peacemaker, I did not like him in TSS, and maybe the TV series is brilliant, but I just kneejerked a “no“ out of the start of episode 1.

Here is a challenge for anyone, besides Superman and Batman, name one brilliantly wonderful DC Comic Character Movie. Maybe I’ll try it. :)

Raised By Wolves (2020- HBO) A promising SciFi series about two androids, Father and Mother, tasked with raising human children on Kepler-22b after the Earth was destroyed by a great war. Religion and rejection of religion are in the center of it all. I’m 2 episodes in.

D187FBAC-C2B1-41AA-9A51-1EA6F6543752.jpeg

Raised By Wolves (2020- HBO) A promising SciFi series about two androids, Father and Mother, tasked with raising human children on Kepler-22b after the Earth was destroyed by a great war. Religion and rejection of religion are in the center of it all. I’m 2 episodes in.

This looks super interesting (I mean, it's right up my alley), and season 2 is apparently very good (sounds like it really leaned into what was good in S01 ...), but I'm always so hesitant to invest into high concept sci-fi/fantasy television, it seems like it has a history of premature cancelation.

This week we’re watching Suspicion. Stellar cast! It’s so good, you don’t know who to believe.

Pieces of Her (Netflix 2022-)- S1E1 Thriller, wow what a start! Mom has a past, daughter is in the dark.

B0FFC9EF-AD1E-4F8B-8E4A-66A77A5B2E5F.jpeg

Last edited:
Here is a challenge for anyone, besides Superman and Batman, name one brilliantly wonderful DC Comic Character Movie. Maybe I’ll try it. :)

I have to say I did enjoy the new Aquaman movie. Was it kind of dumb, yes, but I didn't walk out wanting my money back.

But yeah, other than that one, it would be hard. WW '84 was horrible.

I’m watching on Netflix “Worst Roommate Ever”

Crazy stories. I’ve only had 1 roommate and that was 20 years ago when I was in college. We had a blast. Nothing like these crazy roommates on this docuseries.

My roommate was a female and we both worked at the same grocery store. One day we get home from work and there’s pieces of a blue rubber material all over the living room carpet. I had no idea what it was but my roommate knew immediately. Her dog had found her dildo and had chewed it up and the pieces were all over the living room 🤣🤣🤣 I died laughing. Man, we had so much fun together. I need to visit her soon. We live in different cities now.

Pieces of Her (Netflix 2022-)- S1E1 Thriller, wow what a start! Mom has a past, daughter is in the dark.

Finished this up today. Starts with a bang, lots of intrigue, about Episode 3 the audience is filled in as to what’s going on and the story presents itself as half flashback, feels more like a history lesson, and it loses some of its edge, but you don’t know everything till the end and it’s not over, returning for Season 2. :)

I just watched the first episode of Star Trek: Picard’s 2nd season. It was a very dramatic setup for the season.

The Last Days of Ptolemy Grey (AppleTV) -- Suddenly left without his trusted caretaker, Ptolemy Grey is assigned to the care of orphaned teenager, Robyn. When they learn about a treatment that will restore Ptolemy's memories, it begins a journey towards shocking truths.

Watched a special preview earlier tonight. As a fan of both SLJ and Walter Mosley (author of the book and teleplay, and Executive Producer of the series) I'm biased, so I was planning on watching the entire limited series. The 1st episode has me hyped for the rest. Samuel L. Jackson is a force in this and I wish I could binge the entire series when it starts on Friday.

I just watched the first episode of Star Trek: Picard’s 2nd season. It was a very dramatic setup for the season.

I sure hope season 2 gets better than the first one. It certainly started out well!

Last edited:
I sure hope season 2 gets better than the first one. It certainly started out well!
Episode 2 was another setup episode… I’m a bit skeptical about the season now, but who am I kidding… I will watch the whole thing.

I hear you, although I abandoned Discovery by now.

Speaking of Science Fiction stuff, I am interested in the Babylon 5 reboot way more than current Star Trek offerings.
Discovery jettisoned some of their best characters. They also went away from other Star Trek shows in having episodes that don’t stand on their own… only as a part of a season-long story.

That being said, Tig Notaro is awesome.

Back