What’s on TV?

Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
I wrapped up Ted Lasso. The last season wasn't awesome, but I enjoyed the finale because I care about the characters.

Leaving London to go back to Kansas just makes me sad. Also, not wrapping up the Roy/Keeley/Jamie triangle makes me wonder if they'll indeed spin this show off.
Was this a season or a series final?

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Watched two shows yesterday. First, I watched the last (ever) 3 episodes of Manifest. I was very happy with the ending. Had I written it, it’s how I would have done it. I only cried for about 30 minutes.

Second, we started FUBAR on Netflix. I’m actually anxious to return to it today. Can’t say there’s anything great about it, the acting is all par with Arnold. But it’s a lot of fun.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
Replying to your spoiler. I think they wrapped up that little triangle in a neat little package.

The finale was great. I’m going to miss the characters.

The wife and I both had the thought that Roy would end up with Phoebe's teacher (Lauren?) and Jamie would end up with Keely.

Also, do you think Ted ended up getting back with Michelle? She was at the game sans Jacob.

The finale was great.

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
The wife and I both had the thought that Roy would end up with Phoebe's teacher (Lauren?) and Jamie would end up with Keely.

Also, do you think Ted ended up getting back with Michelle? She was at the game sans Jacob.

The finale was great.
It’s possible that some day Roy will get a clue and go out with Phoebe’s teacher. But he’s got years to go before he becomes self-aware. Jaime will find someone, but not Keely. Keely was at a very different place in her life when she was with both of those guys. Now it’s her time to concentrate on herself and her career.

Roller

Elite Member
Reaction score
It’s possible that some day Roy will get a clue and go out with Phoebe’s teacher. But he’s got years to go before he becomes self-aware. Jaime will find someone, but not Keely. Keely was at a very different place in her life when she was with both of those guys. Now it’s her time to concentrate on herself and her career.
There’s lots of talk about Ted Lasso spin-offs, mostly centered on the Richmond team. I don’t see Ted reversing his decision, but he could appear occasionally. Normally I’d downplay the speculation, but a sequel to a series as successful as this one is attractive for economic reasons. We’ll see.

Citysnaps

Elite Member
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
We're watching the series Jury Duty on Amazon Prime. Quirky and goofy. A good way to kill time.

Citysnaps

Elite Member
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
It’s pretty good.

Yeah. The first episode or two I watched I came away eh... But the more I watch it, the more I came away impressed with the level of acting for each of the characters.

The writing is strong for such a goofy series of issues that seem to come up every five minutes. The guy wearing chants coming into the jury box, for example. Who comes up with stuff like that?

Cmaier

Site Master
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Yeah. The first episode or two I watched I came away eh... But the more I watch it, the more I came away impressed with the level of acting for each of the characters.

The writing is strong for such a goofy series of issues that seem to come up every five minutes. The guy wearing chants coming into the jury box, for example. Who comes up with stuff like that?

I was unaware of the conceit of the show when I started watching, so I questioned nothing - there was a guy I worked with who was just like chants-guy. He’d constantly come to work with weird “practical” inventions. I was unaware anyone was acting for quite awhile

Citysnaps

Elite Member
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
I was unaware anyone was acting for quite awhile

My wife started watching the series and for the first episode or two I thought it was a genuine (and lame) reality show and would tune in and out while I was working on something else. Later I realized it was all fake, but it still rang true knowing there are weirdos out there. I started concentrating on the acting and writing and came away impressed.

Anyway...I've now been sucked into it. :)

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score

Nycturne

Elite Member
Reaction score
We’ve been following Silo since we finished Foundation’s first season.

I have mixed feelings on Foundation. The bits around Dawn, Day and Dusk are actually quite a good look at the decay of an empire, and using a “genetic dynasty” to represent the stagnant nature of the empire at this point is a nice touch. I’m just disappointed they turned Hardin’s story into an action story rather than one of drama and diplomacy (like they can clearly do for Day’s character arc). And the fact that they seem to be hinting at a sort of “family destiny” with Gaal and Hardin seems to undercut the “anyone can cook lead” subtext of the first couple Foundation books.

Silo though, has been exactly the type of show I’ve been looking for. Episode 3, despite some technical inaccuracies, I would consider using as a shining example of how to create tension by setting expectations, and how to do it without excessive clock-watching or exposition dumps that only serve the audience.

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
We’ve also just begun season 2 of The Tunnel (French/English version). Talk about confusing! Although they did it in season 1 as well. Introduce 3 subplots at the same time so you don’t know if anything is relevant. Enjoying it thoroughly though (or would have stopped with season 1). Nice not having to depend on the subtitles, too.

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
OMGOMGOMG! That season ending to Silo! Are the rest of you totally confused?

So when Juliette got over the hill, did it look like a maze of silos spread out across the parched landscape? Was the parched landscape being piped into her helmet? What is the city in the distance? And more importantly, since the bodies of the previous sheriff and his wife were a hologram - where did they go?

Edd

It’s all in the reflexes
Site Donor
Reaction score
The Other Two has ended its run at 3 seasons. Great last season and finale.

Reservation Dogs will be ending after season 3 also. Harsh news on the same day about two great shows ending too soon.

Top Bottom
1 2