What are you doing today?

Yeah, it's pretty nice here today, humid as f*** ...

1624805350715.png

Highs in the 90s for the next few days in NH. Wife wants outdoor brunch today which I’ll do but I’m not a fan of hot weather. In no universe would I move south of here. North or nothing. Thankfully it’s going down to the 50s at night later this week.

I'd only move north or else even higher up...

I don't live far from Oneonta, and over there they don't call it "the city of hills" for nothing. However, and unfortunately for them, the hills are mostly all around it, so most of the population basically lives in a bowl. Those hills may capture winter in that season and freeze them up pretty much like over here, but in summer they are a braising pan. Here on the other side of one of those mountains, and up at about 2k feet above sea level, it's often ten degrees cooler, invariably less humid and almost always we get a breeze at nightfall until dawn.

Usually I somewhat envy my sister's weather up in Ithaca in their earlier spring season, but not after that: the Finger Lakes area is flatter and more humid , they're also due to see mid 90s today and tomorrow. We are are about ten degrees cooler and with less humidity.

Bliss is natural air conditioning after nightfall here. House seems to hold the cool pretty well as long as I close windows and draw shades at 5am.

Still I am looking forward to midweek when our high temps are forecast to return to low or mid 70s....

I put the Czech/Netherlands match on hold to watch the US Olympic 5,000 meters finals from Eugene, Oregon. The temp is 95° F on the track! It will make it interesting.

Paul Chelimo wins!

87° and climbing here, with high humidity which makes it feel much hotter and more uncomfortable -- like 95!. Thank goodness for A/C! I think I would do fine in the heat but the humidity gets me every time......

Where you at? We often get humidity with heat. I lived in central CA for two years with months of triple digits but it was so damn dry I got used to it.
portland oregon. we left on our ride this morning at 84 degrees got back at 97 the pavement on the bike path was 108 in places. average temp omni my bike computer was 93

portland oregon. we left on our ride this morning at 84 degrees got back at 97 the pavement on the bike path was 108 in places. average temp omni my bike computer was 93
Did you know it was gonna get that hot and go anyway? Follow up question, if the answer is yes:

are you crazy?.gif

Just chillin’, munching away on even more delicious strawberries, watching some Euro 2020, first Netherlands-Czechia and now Belgium-Portugal.

Can‘t say “all good” though. Found out that one of the nice employees at my local supermarket is “getting fired” after three years. Sad. He feels like it is due to racism. Sadder. Stayed a while extra in the aisle and let the guy vent a bit.

we were not hungry yet when we got home. lucky as we broke out in massive sweat and our cycling clothes were soaked. so we leave about noon to the Chinese restaurant that finally has indoor dining its only about 2.5 miles away get there and they are closed because of the heat.
just checked the pavement still 154. checked our front door the part I the sun is 192 the shade part is 130 its 106 in the shade.
Screenshot 2021-06-27 at 4.09.14 PM.jpg

I’ll see your daytime 84/29 @ 75% and raise you a 1:30am 77/25 @ 98%, followed by… this forecast (in f because I know metric is challenging for you lot 🤣)

View attachment 6345
If you need me I’ll be working on a big batch of ball soup.
That looks very much like our typical summer weather. Make sure you put on your SCUBA gear prior to leaving the house.

I pretty much love all berries: strawberries, raspberries, blackberries, blueberries….

I would totally wear those!
I’ve mentioned it before, after coming in sweaty from the yard, try this smoothy (no milk).

Into the blender, one frozen banana, 1 frozen plum, peach, or nectarine (pits removed before freezing), 3 large frozen Strawberries, a squirt of lemon juice, some amount of refridgerated water, blend and sweeten to taste (I use Stevia sweetner). The banana is a must because it gives the blend body.

You can make this without the frozen fruit, you still might need some water, but mostly you need some amount of ice cubes.

And you could include raspberries or blue berries. :)

Last edited:
Back