What are you doing today?

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
We went out for a change. It’s a gorgeous day. Had hoped the weather would stay colder to avoid hurricane Eta, but it doesn’t look good since it’s back in the 80s.

But we bought a whole bunch of plants and I’ll soon go out and put them in various containers. Then we went to a cute little outdoor restaurant and ate food that someone else prepared! It was amazing!

9CF09E54-FDE6-426D-9185-5A310667DFCB.jpeg2DEB7E69-166B-4B8E-9018-9018381B47A3.jpegCE422A9A-591B-4B31-B10C-87BDAEB6F74F.jpeg

Arkitect

Peripatetic
Reaction score
Instagram
We went out for a change. It’s a gorgeous day. Had hoped the weather would stay colder to avoid hurricane Eta, but it doesn’t look good since it’s back in the 80s.

But we bought a whole bunch of plants and I’ll soon go out and put them in various containers. Then we went to a cute little outdoor restaurant and ate food that someone else prepared! It was amazing!

View attachment 1203View attachment 1204
What is the white mash with the bacon and eggs?
It looks delicious.

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
I just worked out at home on an exercise mat, stretching, lights weights, push-ups, sit-ups, etc. Not as good as the YMCA on Fridays, but that is because they actually removed their face mask requirements in the weight/exercise rooms. :cautious:

Now I’m typing on my iPad, barely able to keep up with the flurry at PRSI. TalkedAbout has turned into a nice alternative to the other place. it’s civil, the trolling assholes are not here (so far) ;), but there are times when you have to brave the PRSI flames to duke it out and help the poor lost souls who were smart enough to buy a Mac/iOS device, but they need help in other areas, llol. :giggle:

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
What is the white mash with the bacon and eggs?

Grits or white gravy?

Grits. A staple in the south. Took me 20 years before I would eat them, but I enjoy them now. That plate is my husband’s - you can tell from the bacon. He mixes it all together. Nothing beats runny egg yolk and grits.

Clix Pix

Focused
Site Donor
Reaction score
Eight Miles from the Tysons Apple Store, No. VA
Main Camera
Sony
It looks good!!! Goat Cheese and sautéed spinach....mmmmm!!!! One of my favorite (chain/franchise) restaurants in which to have breakfast/brunch offers a delightful omelet meal they call "morning market veg" or something like that, and it has the goat cheese, greens, the egg (as an omelet wrapping everything up), mushrooms, zucchini, tomatoes, scallions and a couple of other ingredients I can't recall right now, but I love it. Also served with toast and jam. It has now been a really long time since I've been there, of course, thanks to the stupid Pandemic, but one of these days I'll get back there to enjoy another of those lovely brunches at First Watch.....

Last edited:

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
It looks good!!! Goat Cheese and sautéed spinach....mmmmm!!!! One of my favorite (chain/franchise) restaurants in which to have breakfast/brunch offers a delightful omelet meal they call "morning market veg" or something like that, and it has the goat cheese, greens, the egg (as an omelet wrapping everything up), mushrooms, zucchini, tomatoes, scallions and a couple of other ingredients I can't recall right now, but I love it. Also served with toast and jam. It has now been a really long time since I've been there, of course, thanks to the stupid Pandemic, but one of these days I'll get back there to enjoy another of those lovely brunches at First Watch.....
I discovered that even though this was our first visit, it’s a chain. Seems there’s a Maple Street Biscuit Company in lots of cities all over the south.

We don’t have a First Watch here, although there’s one 2.5 hours north in Montgomery. I save it for when I visit my mother in Jax.

Clix Pix

Focused
Site Donor
Reaction score
Eight Miles from the Tysons Apple Store, No. VA
Main Camera
Sony
Maple Street Biscuit Company must be a pretty-much Southern States-only franchise, as that name doesn't sound familiar to me. I think First Watch started out in the North/ North Eastern states and probably is still pretty much within those...... My first exposure to one was a few years ago when I was with a friend in Maryland and we were getting hungry, wanted something for lunch, and she had heard of this place that had just opened in a local shopping area near her. I didn't have the Morning Market Veg meal there that time, but I did like the overall vibes of the place, so when later on one opened in the Northern Virginia suburbs not all that far from me I cruised on over for a second shot at their offerings and discovered the Morning. Market Veg Omelet then. Been hooked on that ever since, even though they also have other tempting items on their menu, too! Next time you're in Jax, do hop into First Watch there and try the Morning Market Veg omelet! I'll bet you'll like it!

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
Just back from an enjoyable hour and a half in the socially distanced (but wonderfully uplifting) farmers' market, where free range, organic fresh eggs, vegetables (onions, carrots, celery, celeriac, leeks, orange beets, French onions, garlic, aubergine, courgette, peppers, Chinese cabbage, tomatoes), plus fruit (oranges, lemons), herbs & spices (parsley, chilli peppers, ginger), local sourced honeys, homemade jam, anchovies, salamis, pimentón, and olives were purchased.

Visited the French bakery for French bread, (rye bread and classic French stick), and the cheesemonger (Comte, Gorgonzola, Camembert, St Nectaire, and aged Cashel Blue), and a nearby Asian store (sambal oelek, rendang paste, tom yum paste, and basmati rice).

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
How many times. I've not had one test yet.

Did a bit of house work, cleaned some windows then went for a long walk with Mrs AFB

Not sure what the afternoon will bring.
Same here, we live like hermits and we only go out for shopping and drives. I did get my flu vaccine at a drive through though, I wasn't thrilled about exposing myself to medical staff but it was pretty quick and easy.

U

User.45

How many times. I've not had one test yet.

Did a bit of house work, cleaned some windows then went for a long walk with Mrs AFB

Not sure what the afternoon will bring.
Same here, we live like hermits and we only go out for shopping and drives. I did get my flu vaccine at a drive through though, I wasn't thrilled about exposing myself to medical staff but it was pretty quick and easy.
I have two little super spreaders at home and both I and my wife work in healthcare and the patients we are in contact with are all high-risk.
We are also prioritized, so we can get same day/next day testing for this exact reason. The testing is no big deal.
I'm more annoyed by going from 1x febrile illness every 5 years to 3-4 every year, but that's parenthood.

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
Getting tested for COVID...again. :/
Good luck.
I have two little super spreaders at home and both I and my wife work in healthcare and the patients we are in contact with are all high-risk.
We are also prioritized, so we can get same day/next day testing for this exact reason. The testing is no big deal.
I'm more annoyed by going from 1x febrile illness every 5 years to 3-4 every year, but that's parenthood.
Ah: That makes sense.

Top Bottom
1 2