What Movie Are You Watching?

shadow puppet

Certifiable
Reaction score
Seven Kings Must Die (2023 Netflix)- Is the excellent series final for the Netflix series The Last Kingdom. I liked the ending. You have to watch the series, 5 seasons first… :D

Don't spoil it! Whenever I pick up Netflix again, I need to finish the series. I've watched the first 3 seasons and enjoyed it.
Destiny is All!

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
Toy Story 3- A serious change in the lives of Andy’s toys. Just as good as the two before it.

818E7B93-8F14-4DE6-BA3B-BD6747B256AC.jpeg

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
We watched Extraction II tonight. I can only hope the entire point was to set up the 3rd in the franchise, cause it was just really…meh.

Roller

Elite Member
Reaction score
We watched John Wick, chpt 4 last night. A fitting end to the series, cause there were no sharks left to jump.
I think I liked it more than you did, mostly because of the cinematography and the superb coordination of the fighting and driving scenes. But I agree - the series should probably have ended after the second installment. IMO, the first one was best because John Wick seemed more human.

Some observations that made me wonder:

• Nobody could take a small percentage of the punishment JW did without dying or being severely injured on the spot.
  • Police in all the cities must have been on strike.
  • JW manages to lift Killa in the air in the midst of a fight despite his weight.
  • Speaking of Killa, I want to have what was in his inhaler.
  • In previous movies, bystanders would run when the mayhem started. Here, the dancers just kept on going.
  • The Marquis wouldn't have missed that JW didn't fire that shot. And did he and the audience really need to be reminded by Winston?
  • All these movies make it seem as if hopping from continent to continent is easy. Unless JW used Table Airlines (which I doubt, because they would have canceled his frequent flyer card), these trips would have been great opportunities to knock him off.

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
The Hunt for Red October (1990)- One of the most exciting Tom Clancy military thrillers. Tense from the start. Great performances. It’s been a long time since I read the book and as I remember some things in the climax were changed.

883CE5B4-A128-40F8-8E7E-57778B0878B6.jpeg

Edd

It’s all in the reflexes
Site Donor
Reaction score
Saw the new Mission: Impossible in IMAX last night. It was glorious nonsense and the long running time flew by. There’s an amazing train scene at the end; CGI, I’m assuming, but still solid.

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
Oh drat. Sorry to hear that. Just finished Jack Ryan S4 and was looking for something to watch.
I like Extraction 2. I was Impressed with the technology that made seemless transitions. It was not about being realistic as much as it was long sequences of choreographed action scenes which kept me entertained. :)

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Against my better judgement, I watched A Quiet Place. My ASL teacher told me the signing was on point and worth it for the practice. Pity the plot was so lacking.

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
Dumb and Dumber (1994)- Possibly one of the greatest modern slapstick movies made.

8437523B-4EC9-43AC-A179-64117040FF90.jpeg

Rampage (2018)- Good, The Rock movie with mutated creatures and mayhem downtown Chicago. :)

67DB54A9-2504-4524-99CF-B162B6CB6CD4.jpeg

rdrr

Elite Member
Reaction score
Saw the new Mission: Impossible in IMAX last night. It was glorious nonsense and the long running time flew by. There’s an amazing train scene at the end; CGI, I’m assuming, but still solid.
I went to it last weekend and watched in in MX4D (IMAX 4D), and boy was that a waste of money (the 4D experience that is). Maybe it was just the theater I went to, but the moving seats just take the fun out of the movie. They squeaked and creaked every time it moved, and seem to move at random times. It felt like a 3 year old was kicking the back of the seat during the fight scenes, and the first time it happened I actually looked back. Also I nearly feel out at least two times, and I actually saw a couple move out of their seat to sit on the stairs. I don't think that I'd ever give it another chance or wait for the technology to catch up, some things just shouldn't be improved.

Roller

Elite Member
Reaction score
Dumb and Dumber (1994)- Possibly one of the greatest modern slapstick movies made.

Rampage (2018)- Good, The Rock movie with mutated creatures and mayhem downtown Chicago. :)

Rampage was a good way to pass some time at home - I've liked most of The Rock's movies.

I've lost count of the number of times I've seen Dumb and Dumber. Hard to pick a favorite scene - there were so many great ones - but I keep going back to the look on the cop's face when he's swishing the beer urine around in his mouth. Pity the sequel wasn't nearly as funny.

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
Rampage was a good way to pass some time at home - I've liked most of The Rock's movies.

I've lost count of the number of times I've seen Dumb and Dumber. Hard to pick a favorite scene - there were so many great ones - but I keep going back to the look on the cop's face when he's swishing the beer urine around in his mouth. Pity the sequel wasn't nearly as funny.
In Dumb and Dumber there are sequences that become surreal like Lloyd’s Dream.. :D Absolutely true about the sequel. :(

Last edited:

Edd

It’s all in the reflexes
Site Donor
Reaction score
Watched Oppenheimer in IMAX. It lived up to the hype. Left me with an “oh fuck” feeling. Nice to see an adult film swing for the fences. Been too long.

Roller

Elite Member
Reaction score
In Dumb and Dumber there are sequences that become surreal like Lloyd’s Dream.. :D Absolutely true about the sequel. :(

So many great lines. Like “So you’re telling me there’s a chance!” I quote that one any time someone informs me that something I want isn’t likely to happen. Funny that Jim Carrey ended up marrying Lauren Holly, though it only lasted less than a year.

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
Jaws (1975)- Great adventure! I like the changes they made to the movie.
No affair, Hooper lives, and shark blows up via O2 bottle.

4D3E42DE-43DE-4EDC-82CE-204FF56B6D37.jpeg

The Princess Bride (1987)- I love this movie, great story although much of it is tongue in cheek, there is comedy and touching moments, and I’m not a sword fighting enthusiast, but there is a sword fight that impressed me. They must have practiced for weeks to choreograph this. :)

8C98E2CA-5C5F-440C-AC23-847865DED762.jpeg

Top Bottom
1 2