Watched GotG3 a second time. B-Guardians Vol3- just saw it, going to give it a ”C”. As someone who loved the previous 2 volumes, I’m prepared to say it is a good movie, however, I won’t really know if it is possible to love until after I stream it For a second viewing.
Speculation about Vol4 :
- All of the characters have evolved except maybe for Drax, which is ok by me.
- It‘s a departure from the previous volumes because it is dark involving genetic manipulation and torture, but not for tortures sake, but for science and the goals of one powerful individual Who wants to reshape the universe. Sound familiar?
- It is so dark, most of the humor injected feels out of place. Some viewers will likely disagree with me about how dark it is.
- The plot is fairly simple, but the implementation of elements is messy. I did not care for some of the choices made in writing regarding created species and civilizations.
- There is one impressive choreographed CGI fight scene, if you can be impressed by that.
- I did not like the more modern selection of music.
- They did an excellent job of making it clear this is not the same Gamora that died in Infinity War.
- If you remember the reference to Adam in the Vol2 post-credit scene, both he and Ayesha of the Sovereign are there.
I mostly agree with you, especially your point about humor. Not that it had no place in a darker, more serious plot than the previous movies, but it felt forced, as if the writers felt they needed to interject a funny exchange (mostly at Drax's expense) here and there. Yeah, Counter-Earth was weird. I guess the inhabitants were supposed to be like us, just different-looking. and Lyllla, Teefs, and Floor looked like leftover mutant toys from Toy Story.Watched GotG3 a second time. B-
- Rocket’s backstory is worthy.
- Ravager Gamora are worthy.
- Quill’s attempts to reconnect with Gamora are worthy.
- This is a serious story.
- Jumping back and forth between being funny and serious did not work.
- The High Evolutionary was a disappointment.
- Kick ass group fight.
- I did not like Alt-Earth and question if any superior intelligence would make a society of creatures with mixed and matched parts just because. It felt like oh the audience will laugh at this.
- The end was good but this is not a story I’m eager to watch again.
I've lost count of the number of times I've seen Dumb and Dumber. Hard to pick a favorite scene - there were so many great ones - but I keep going back to the look on the cop's face when he's swishing the
beerurine around in his mouth. Pity the sequel wasn't nearly as funny.
We watched that recently. Enjoyed it.Heart of Stone (2023)- Spy thriller, a bit over the top, a little too slick, the fight sequences energetic, but not the best, definitely not Atomic Blond quality.
Dune 2021)- I rewatched it this afternoon and stand humbly before you to say this is a great movie.
My understating is a 2024 release for Part 2.
Part 2 was delayed, scheduled to be released 2024. If you don’t remember, this movie lets you know there is intrique and double crossing going on but no background.I haven't seen the 2021 version, but remember after seeing the original I had to go read the book to understand the story.
Will this being broken up in 2 parts allow the movie to include enough info so that you don't walk out wondering what the hell you just saw and why you didn't understand it?