What Movie Are You Watching?

Predator (1987)- Favorite Arnold flick. Taught, tense, exciting. I’ve not decided if this or True Lies is his best performance.

IMG_3300.jpeg

I've seen all three first in theaters. I have the first two on video so I can enjoy whenever the mood strikes. This one is going on my wish list.
I just don’t like going to the theater anymore. Crowded, sticky, expensive. I can wait and enjoy movies from the comfort of my own living room.

We had reclined, reserved seating. I’d say 25% capacity on a Saturday afternoon.
There’s a theater like that across the Bay in Mobile. We were going there pretty regularly before we moved. Now it’s a 40 minute drive. 🤷‍♀️

Madam Web (2024 Marvel)- A very loose relationship to Spiderman nothing direct, happens before Spiderman, this could be a multiverse style story. Anyway a woman gains the power of clairvoyance via the power of spider venom. What’s interesting is that at the beginning of this movie you’ll swear this story is a paradox, later you might say maybe not. Not stellar, but watcheable.. I give it a thumbs up.

IMG_3306.jpeg

Lover Come Back (1961)- Rock Hudson, Doris Day, Tony Randall. I love this movie, quintessential 60s comedy, :D
IMG_3308.jpeg

The theatres have been sold out for awhile - finally got tickets for tonight for Deadpool & Wolverine - at the VIP 19+ (so no damn kids to ruin it) :D. Yes, I'll have a pint. :D.

My better half actually hadn't seen the deadpool movies (not a comic / superhero fan), so I got her to watch the first two a couple weeks ago....so she's primed and keen for tonight. :D

The theatres have been sold out for awhile - finally got tickets for tonight for Deadpool & Wolverine - at the VIP 19+ (so no damn kids to ruin it) :D. Yes, I'll have a pint. :D.

My better half actually hadn't seen the deadpool movies (not a comic / superhero fan), so I got her to watch the first two a couple weeks ago....so she's primed and keen for tonight. :D
That’s funny, my mother-in-law visited for a week recently and hadn’t seen them either so we watched the first two at home over a few days and hit the theater for D&W and she fell in love with them.

Disturbia (2007)- Excellent movie in the vein of Rear Window. It’s kind of sad what Shea LaBeouf did to his career. :(

IMG_3312.jpeg

Last edited:
Deadpool and Wolverine. As a fan of the series, enjoyed this one, too.

Were you able to recognize Rob McElhenney or Paul Mullin? Rob is his partner in the Wrexham deal and Paul is one of the players. Both are supposed to be in the movie.

Just waiting for it to hit streaming.

Heh...I had to shush her at one point...she was laughing so loud, it was hard for people to hear the dialogue. :D Think she almost pissed herself! :D

I was going to order a second pint, and the guy beside me asked about the deadpool glass/drink....so, of course: :D

IMG_2385.jpegIMG_2384.jpeg

Has anyone watched The Instigators? Keep seeing popup ads for it and these two starred in the Ocean's movies together.

Were you able to recognize Rob McElhenney or Paul Mullin? Rob is his partner in the Wrexham deal and Paul is one of the players. Both are supposed to be in the movie.

Just waiting for it to hit streaming.
Pretty sure I saw Rob. No idea about the other guy.

70th anniversary of Hitchcock's "Rear Window". One of my dad's favorite movies, so we took him to see it on a big screen. Reserved seating, but his reclining seat didn't, and dinosaurs took ours. We didn't have the heart to boot them, but would have if we had taken someone else's. Grrr!

Some aspects didn't age well, but overall, ok. I don't think I want to sit through it again, though.

Pretty sure I saw Rob. No idea about the other guy.
I was reading today, and apparently all Rob's scenes were cut. That would imply that I didn't see him at all.

Sorry for any confusion, although TBF, I've only seen two or three episodes of It's always sunny.

Still no clue about the footballer.

Back