What Movie Are You Watching?

Civil War was surprisingly good and not what I expected, or what most people would expect. For those uninterested for similar reasons I was, it doesn’t get into ideologies, pick sides, or get into details of the sides. It’s about journalists in a war zone who have to lean on their perceived neutrality to gain access and that doesn’t always keep them safe. We all know what differences of opinion might cause a civil war here, but most (not all) of the time you really don’t know who is on which side or based on what beliefs.

A conservative friend of mine got wind that CA joins forces with TX and that blew his mind, but in the movie that was just a passing comment. I had to repeatedly tell him that they don’t get into it beyond that comment. It’s like he really wanted the movie to be about what I was grateful it isn’t. :ROFLMAO:
I liked it too. I'd been avoiding it; seemed like it would be depressing. Although it's obviously dark, I had the same reaction as you, it simply portrays two sides fighting without getting bogged down in politics. Great direction and performances.

Excellent movie. And Vol. 2 was as well. 3? Not so much.
Simpatico!

Guardians of the Galaxy 2 (2017)- Super!

IMG_3356.png

!

Back