What Movie Are You Watching?

Furiosa: A Mad Max Saga (2024)- Worthy prequel and worthy portrayal.

IMG_3319.jpeg

2015 Documentary, that I am sure was discussed at the other site, but probably heavily moderated. "The Brain Washing of My Dad."

I thought that the filming and narrating at points was a bit amateurish, however I found the content to be compelling and very relevant for today.

Just finished Horizon. It’s beautifully shot, Costner knows how to do that. The cast is enormous. I took 3 sittings to watch it, which may have contributed to me being a bit lost at times. It’s not a spoiler to say at the end they show a wordless preview of the next film, maybe two minutes of footage. It was weird, this project is unusual and ambitious.

For those that don’t know, this flopped at the box office and the second one is coming out very soon. They’re showing the first on Max now to generate interest. I’d recommend it, but it’s just a lot.

Quiet Place: Day 1 (2024) We saw a version of Day 1 in the beginning of Part 2, at least from the perspective of the original characters. This 3rd movie takes place in the big city and technically happens before the original movie. While I iiked the original and the sequel, this 3rd installment, from what parts I caught while my wife had it on, did no do much for me... It was telling the same story from a different location and different characters..

Here’s a weird one. Maggie Moore(s) on Hulu. Stars Jon Hamm and Tina Fey, directed by John Slattery (Roger from Mad Men). It’s a small town crime story. Tonally dark with comedic elements, almost Coen Brothers-y. I’m sick today from a COVID vaccine and was desperate for a diversion. I really liked it; it helped that I had no expectations.

Back