Why are gas prices so high (and why do they keep climbing)?

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
Maybe some relief, but maybe not.

View attachment 15574

…or a renewed interest in price gouging after surviving a barrage of Biden’s disapproval face.

But rest assured prices won’t return to anywhere near the level of pre Putin tax, a fitting name since ultimately it just served to make him richer and more powerful and the rest of us poorer. The oil industry has determined that they’ve gouged you long enough where a slight less gouging will give the perception things are now reasonable.

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
I demand answers!

Well, according to Alex Jones ...

1657226512417.png

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
JP Morgan is sounding the alarm that Russia might cut off all oil exports which would instantly send the cost of a barrel from $100 to $400. Because that's just science. And in the Bible.

Let's just hope they continue to sell it to India who then sells it to us.

Joe

Elite Member
Reaction score
So who are we thanking for the prices coming down, Trump, Fox News?

Didn't Fox News say it was strange that prices were coming down so fast? You can't win with those idiots and their idiot fanbase.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score

I'm pretty sure we are supposed to thank women being forced to give birth. Biblically speaking there's always been a close connection between motherhood, gas prices, and assault rifle ownership.

Renzatic

Egg Nog King of the Eastern Seaboard
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure we are supposed to thank women being forced to give birth. Biblically speaking there's always been a close connection between motherhood, gas prices, and assault rifle ownership.

This is directly due to Roe v Wade being overturned. Women can now travel the country freely without fear of being forced to have an abortion by roving bands of antifa activists. This extra travel we're seeing means that more people are spending money on gas, which is driving down prices due to demand.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score

Not sure, but the WH seems to be taking credit although most here said they weren't to blame. Not really sure how that works. ;)

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
Not sure, but the WH seems to be taking credit although most here said they weren't to blame. Not really sure how that works. ;)
So, one person cannot clean up another’s mess? A toddler makes a mess, mom can take credit for cleaning it up.

We all know the spike was mostly due to the war in Ukraine (thanks Putin). Biden has worked hard to try and get prices under control despite the fact that he didn’t cause them to go up.

There, now you can see how something like that would work.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Because they were relentlessly attacked for the high prices so if they're going to take the heat they may as well take a victory lap. Politics as usual, I don't think it would've been any different regardless of who was in office on this front.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
We all know the spike was mostly due to the war in Ukraine (thanks Putin).

Really? Plays well with the media, but it isn't even close to accurate.

Gas Prices from the EIA.gov website:

1/18/21 - $2.464 - Week Biden was inaugurated
2/28/22 - $3.701 - Week Russia invaded Ukraine
6/13/822 - $5.107 - Peak

So please explain how the war in Ukraine had anything to do with the $1.237 increase before the war even started.

So no we DON'T all know it was due mostly to the war in Ukraine. You and your bubble may believe that, but it simply isn't true.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Really? Plays well with the media, but it isn't even close to accurate.

Gas Prices from the EIA.gov website:

1/18/21 - $2.464 - Week Biden was inaugurated
2/28/22 - $3.701 - Week Russia invaded Ukraine
6/13/822 - $5.107 - Peak

So please explain how the war in Ukraine had anything to do with the $1.237 increase before the war even started.

So no we DON'T all know it was due mostly to the war in Ukraine. You and your bubble may believe that, but it simply isn't true.
By that logic you will give Obama all the credit for recovering the economy after he took office from the largest recession of our lifetimes under Bush in 2008. So nice, Obama is always glad to have the support of a Republican!

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
By that logic you will give Obama all the credit for recovering the economy after he took office from the largest recession of our lifetimes under Bush in 2008. So nice, Obama is always glad to have the support of a Republican!

Well, you didn't dispute my data, so I will take the win. ;)

I have my thoughts on the reasons for the recession, but that is for another thread lest @SuperMatt chastise me for going off-topic.

Top Bottom
1 2