Windows Phone

U

User 189

Have you ever owned a Windows Phone? If so, what was it like?

The dubstep ringtone had me sold.

Edd

It’s all in the reflexes
Site Donor
Reaction score
Window Phones looked promising to me for awhile. A friend had one and liked it. We were both of an anti-Apple mindset back then, and I’d yet to buy a smartphone ever. I went to the Sprint store and decided on an iPhone 4s at the last minute.

Windows Phone soon failed and I’d go on to be hopelessly sucked into the Appleverse.

Last edited:

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Windows messed up. They had a perfectly good mobile option with Windows Mobile, and decided to scrap it for Windows Phone, despite their almost cult-like following. I was a huge PalmOS person originally (edited MyTreo.net and wrote for treocentral.com). When Palm did its dive and dumped PalmOS I decided to go WinMo, since I’d already been doing the MSMobiles podcast for a few years. I didn’t last long there and decided to go iPhone over Android. Best choice I could have made.

Clix Pix

Focused
Site Donor
Reaction score
Eight Miles from the Tysons Apple Store, No. VA
Main Camera
Sony
Ehhhh.....Windows Phone??!!!! Absolutely no way! Prior to my first iPhone (first-generation, a new entity about which none of us knew a whole lot and couldn't be sure of what would happen in the future). I had some sort of Samsung flip phone thingy which looked pretty and fulfilled the basic purpose of being a phone, but that was about it. Trying to access the internet on it was frustrating so I just didn't bother. Then one day Steve Jobs waved the new iPhone in the air in that keynote and all of a sudden, even though most people didn't realize it yet, "dumb" phones were dead. The day in 2007 that the first iPhone arrived on the public scene, available for purchase, that was the death knell for the old flip phones and their compatriots. That Samsung went into a drawer as I explored my new iPhone with fascination and delight. Haven't looked back. I love my iPhone 12 Pro as much as I loved her predecessors......

U

User 189

Ehhhh.....Windows Phone??!!!! Absolutely no way! Prior to my first iPhone (first-generation, a new entity about which none of us knew a whole lot and couldn't be sure of what would happen in the future). I had some sort of Samsung flip phone thingy which looked pretty and fulfilled the basic purpose of being a phone, but that was about it. Trying to access the internet on it was frustrating so I just didn't bother. Then one day Steve Jobs waved the new iPhone in the air in that keynote and all of a sudden, even though most people didn't realize it yet, "dumb" phones were dead. The day in 2007 that the first iPhone arrived on the public scene, available for purchase, that was the death knell for the old flip phones and their compatriots. That Samsung went into a drawer as I explored my new iPhone with fascination and delight. Haven't looked back. I love my iPhone 12 Pro as much as I loved her predecessors......
I'm not talking about Windows Mobile. I'm talking about Windows Phone.
38ee6866c31259b4b509005e96d55a85.jpg

Pumbaa

Verified Warthog
Reaction score
Windows Phone had some interesting concepts at the time, could have been interesting. A colleague of mine at the time boasted about writing a ton of apps to win some contest Microsoft had, only to show up to work one day completely devastated. He’d forgotten to submit the apps to the store before the deadline…

U

User 189

No, thanks! If I don't want to use Windows on a daily basis in a desktop or laptop computer I sure as heck wouldn't want to use it as a phone, either..... I'll stick with my lovely Apple iPhones!
Trust me, it's a much more different experience compared to the desktop version of Windows.
1623700565332.png

U

User 189

I wouldn't mind the competition. Make another one! lol
Yeah, I miss when there were three players in the mobile operating system market. :(
1627505794408.png

I don't think Windows Phone stood a chance though, nor do I think they still stand a chance these days. Sadly enough, iOS and Android dominate the mobile operating system market. :(

Top Bottom
1 2