Windows XP

U

User 189

As a sequel (prequel?) to the "Windows Vista" thread, I decided to create a new thread for Windows XP! The latter has received a lot more love though... :love:

Does anybody remember the "Windows XP Tour" though? Oh, how I miss Macromedia Flash... :cry:

There is actually an interesting origin story regarding the installation music in Windows XP (R.I.P. Stan LePard)... :unsure:

Last edited by a moderator:

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
As a sequel (prequel?) to the "Windows Vista" thread, I decided to create a new thread for Windows XP! The latter has received a lot more love though... :love:

Does anybody remember the "Windows XP Tour" though? Oh, how I miss Macromedia Flash... :cry:

There is actually an interesting origin story regarding the installation music in Windows XP (R.I.P. Stan LePard)... :unsure:

I help a person with minor computer issues from time to time. She had an old PC running Win XP and didn’t want to learn new versions of WordPerfect or Quicken… so when she replaced the PC 7 years ago, none of them would run XP, so she decided to get a Mac and run WinXP in Parallels Desktop. She’s still using 20-year-old software. Her current Mac is old now and the cost of replacing the battery isn’t worth it to her… so I’m suggesting she get one of the last Intel Macs so she can continue running WinXP in emulation… the M1 macs probably won’t ever support that. Or she is also considering a new HP, but I believe there is no parallels for Windows… so she’d have to get the newest versions of Quicken and WordPerfect to run on Windows 11…..

U

User 189

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score

I saw that but it currently only runs Windows 10 for ARM… which won‘t be too useful for running the 2001 version of WordPerfect…

I will see if VirtualBox is a possibility on Windows… but I have a feeling it won’t be a smooth integration.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
U

User 189

I tried running WP through Crossover/Wine - it doesn’t work right.

I did see the below emulation system as an option, but it’s not as easy to use as Parallels, so this low-tech user probably won’t be able to use it...

Maybe you should consult them on GitHub.

Top Bottom
1 2