WWDC 2021

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Oh those are nice new multitasking implementations.

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Oh this is slick, I love the idea of app/site contextual notes.

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
I got distracted. Did they say anything about simply closing extra Safari windows I open by accident now and then? Or am I stuck with merging windows?

Yes!

There’s a new “windows view” for apps that support multiple windows, and you can even park multiple split views, and create views from the running apps view (the swipe up).

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
iPadOS...

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Is it pro yet?

Not for people who want MacOS on an iPad.

But testing the how Universal control can be applied will be fun.

Pumbaa

Verified Warthog
Reaction score
Monterey… Gonna take a while for me to not associate that name with a certain fox, but I’m looking forward to the release this fall!

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
Me:
200.gif

Reading this thread with it's angry tears

YES! when paying up to $2400 for a device marketed as a computer replacement, I would like it to have similar capabilities to a $999 MacBook Air!
giphy.gif

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
iPadOS...

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Is it pro yet?

Not for people who want MacOS on an iPad.

But testing the how Universal control can be applied will be fun.

The one thing I was really hoping for was an external display at native resolution. maybe current iPads simply do not have the GPU wired up to be able to provide the higher resolution output, i.e., it's hardware, not software.

The both ways / all ways with AirPlay / UC, i.e., any peripheral, display on any device is pretty fantastic. This also kills a few 3rd party apps that provided things like AirPlay __to__ a Mac (AirParrot comes to mind).

Clix Pix

Focused
Site Donor
Reaction score
Eight Miles from the Tysons Apple Store, No. VA
Main Camera
Sony
Lots of new features and functions that are sure to please many people.... Then there are those of us who probably won't use any of them or many at all! Looking forward to Monterey and also still looking forward to the eventual announcement of the new M series 14" and 16" MBPs.....

Top Bottom
1 2