2021 NFL Season

rdrr

Elite Member
Reaction score
I noticed the Polestar commercial was selling them as the anti-Tesla. The Hyundai Ioniq just sold the car instead. I like Hyundai’s strategy better.

And WTF with the commercial of a QR code bouncing around the screen like a screen saver for 30 seconds? Just stupid. Like I’m gonna get out my phone and take a pic of the screen to find out what it is? Nope. I think somebody said it was a cryptocurrency ad. Sounds about right. They flushed a few million down the toilet, just like you will if you buy into the latest cryptocurrency. Now THAT is truth in advertising!
From what I understood, it was an AD for Coinbase and the QR code gave you a link to it. The AD apparently crashed the site.

Also I love the throwback GM EV commercial with Meadow Soprano driving to the spot she had so much trouble with in the last episode.

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
I didn’t like any of the music picked for the halftime show... but I almost never do, since I’m not a fan of most popular music.

I think they chose artists that reflected Los Angeles in the 1990s. The Super Bowl generally picks more “established” (aka old) artists, so this fit with their past picks. No surprise there.

I don’t see a point to getting angry at the halftime show. Just because it wasn’t your taste in music? If you don’t like it, take a break during halftime and do the dishes like I did.
Yeah, my Dad put it on mute. I missed the entire game so I can’t express an opinion. :D

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Also I love the throwback GM EV commercial with Meadow Soprano driving to the spot she had so much trouble with in the last episode.

The music cue alone made us smile :D

Woke up this mornin'
Got yourself a gun
Your mama always said you'd be the chosen one
She said "you're one in a million, you got to burn to shine"
But you were born under a bad sign with a blue moon in your eyes

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
I noticed the Polestar commercial was selling them as the anti-Tesla. The Hyundai Ioniq just sold the car instead. I like Hyundai’s strategy better.

And WTF with the commercial of a QR code bouncing around the screen like a screen saver for 30 seconds? Just stupid. Like I’m gonna get out my phone and take a pic of the screen to find out what it is? Nope. I think somebody said it was a cryptocurrency ad. Sounds about right. They flushed a few million down the toilet, just like you will if you buy into the latest cryptocurrency. Now THAT is truth in advertising!

You mean you didn't? I had to and was disappointed.

Yeah, they blew a few million, but think how much they saved on producing the actual commercial. :ROFLMAO:

As for halftime shows, my two favorites have been Prince and The Who. Funny story about the year The Who performed. Was at a party and there were a bunch of teens there and one of them asked why this band was performing all the theme songs from CSI. :oops:

Yoused

up
Reaction score
knee deep in the road apples of the 4 horsemen
We could get rid of replay completely and just let the chips fall where they may. Games would go faster, and sports writers would have more bad calls to write about!
Officiating is like weather: they play in snow and heat and wind and fan noise and get through it. Zebra errors should just be another part of the game.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
Zebra errors should just be another part of the game.

Agree. And especially in baseball, particularly for Balls & Strikes. Pitchers have tp learn individual umpire's zones adding a level of difficulty to it. Separates great pitchers from good pitchers. A standardized strike zone would eliminate that.

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
Officiating is like weather: they play in snow and heat and wind and fan noise and get through it. Zebra errors should just be another part of the game.

Agree. And especially in baseball, particularly for Balls & Strikes. Pitchers have tp learn individual umpire's zones adding a level of difficulty to it. Separates great pitchers from good pitchers. A standardized strike zone would eliminate that.
I’ll disagree. Errors can’t be totally overcome until we get a competent AI system, but there is nothing worse than losing a game, especially a championship game based on a terrible call. You want the team who won, to win, don’t we? :unsure:

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
Yeah, um, ask a Seahawk fan about how well SB XL turned out for them, even with replay. Besides being, unattainable, perfection kinda sucks.
I‘ll agree to disagree, because in no way does perfection suck. :) I’m not for supporting traditional refereeing when it is so flawed. We should strive for better. There are tons of examples where the camera illustrates bad calls. That is not something I’ll ever cherish, nor will those on the bad end of a bad call.

If there is a way to mitigate bad calls, it should be utilized, because the team who won, should be recognized for it, if it is within our means.

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
Top Bottom
1 2