2022 MLB playoffs

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
So if both teams clinch tonight, which is a very real possibility, are we really going to have to wait almost a week for the WS?

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
So if both teams clinch tonight, which is a very real possibility, are we really going to have to wait almost a week for the WS?

Ironic, eh, after all the shoving around and playing next day hassles.

First let's see if the weather gods can clean up their act (in NY as well as in Philly). Sounds like it might not lead to postponements... at least in Philadelphia. But the tarp is out there.

https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1584203158758178817/

EDIT: from Phila Inquirer piece by Anthony Wood:

Skies will be slate gray, and temperatures will be on the chilly side, in the low to mid-60s in South Philly.

“It’s not going to be a nice afternoon,” said Martin.

Deger added that might be especially true for the hitters, with a decent wind from the northeast blowing almost straight in from centerfield. Not to mention the fact that the Phillies (Zach Wheeler) and Astros (Yu Darvish) will have their aces on the mound, and the hitters might be arm-weary after Saturday night.

He said that in terms of weather issues, Sunday night’s Game 4 of the playoff series between the Houston Astros and Yankees in New York, might in serious trouble.

Down 3-0, the Yanks might not mind a break.

Edit: Phillies-Padres game will start: tarp's off the field, 1st pitch about half an hour away now,

https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1584237581147189248/

Last edited:

lizkat

Reaction score
Wow.... Phillies nail down the NLCS, now to dry off their gear, rest up and pray for some kinda miracle to keep the Astros off the WS menu... heh: I'm back to being a temporary Yanks fan.

Man, both the Padres and Phillies deserve kudos for playing through some nasty rain today.

lizkat

Reaction score
GLWT – looks to me as though the pinstripes are dealing with serious disAstros, which I expect will soon befall the Fillies.

Hah, I know... but until that game gets underway... and finished... lemme have that dream..

MLB says aiming for an 830pm start now. But the weather says 40% chance rain continues even through the 9-10pm mark so I dunno. Starting to feel like postponement.

Whole thing is weird, they coulda been playing already, it's not any worse than what the Phillies and Padres played through. Also the wind is from slightly east of north, so... "play ball" already, gee.

https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1584326374864482304/

Last edited:

lizkat

Reaction score
‘Stros!
Gotta say Astros deserved the win. They were dancing with brooms in the clubhouse. Kinda saucy "class photo" they had taken after donning champs' t-shirts in Yankee Stadium

astros celebrate on yankee turf.jpg

ronntaylor

Elite Member
Reaction score
I usually root for the team that beats my team. Never for the Asterisks!! I can root for Philly since I have family roots there and fond memories of a few trips there for conferences and a HS classmate lived and taught there for several years (we also reconnected in Philly after not seeing each other in person for nearly a quarter of a century).

Go Philly. 🤷‍♂️

lizkat

Reaction score
I usually root for the team that beats my team. Never for the Asterisks!! I can root for Philly since I have family roots there and fond memories of a few trips there for conferences and a HS classmate lived and taught there for several years (we also reconnected in Philly after not seeing each other in person for nearly a quarter of a century).

Go Philly. 🤷‍♂️

Even the Dodgers discovered that October's a brutal month. A Phillies series win would be so fine.

lizkat

Reaction score
Here from a piece in the Philadelphia Inquirer is the schedule for the series.

The MLB schedule-makers were smart enough to schedule the series around the NFL. As a result, Phillies fans will be able to watch the Eagles during the only two off days of the series — Sunday, Oct. 30, and Thursday, Nov. 3.

Here is the full schedule for the 2022 World Series between the Philadelphia Phillies and the Houston Astros (all times are Eastern):

Game 1: Phillies at Astros, Friday, Oct. 28, 8:03 p.m. (Fox)

Game 2: Phillies at Astros, Saturday, Oct. 29, 8:03 p.m. (Fox)

Game 3: Astros at Phillies, Monday, Oct. 31, 8:03 p.m.(Fox)

Game 4: Astros at Phillies, Tuesday, Nov. 1, 8:03 p.m.(Fox)

Game 5: Astros at Phillies, Wednesday, Nov. 2, 8:03 p.m.(Fox)*

Game 6: Phillies at Astros, Friday, Nov. 4, 8:03 p.m.(Fox)*

Game 7: Phillies at Astros, Saturday, Nov. 5 8:03 p.m.(Fox)*

* - if necessary

Hate to see that asterisk on games 5-7... OF COURSE some of those games will be necessary, because Philadelphia will be playing in Philly for games 3-5 and with those crazy fans for backup, what more could one need to help make a full series necessary?

Gotta love how the Phila authorities greased all the lightpoles in the city before the NLCS finale, but the fans climbed them anyway despite a bunch of them getting busted for doing so. Philly papers full of photos of the pole scalers today. Those fans know how to party.

Oh, and also:

Last edited:

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
due to an injury,

Give Dusty a glove. He can still probably play. :)

He actually has a chance to be the second Black manager to win 2 WS's.

So is it no Black players or no US born Black Players?

lizkat

Reaction score
Did they just poll in Philadelphia? I have the Astro's in 5.

Hah, no, just a regular online Twitter poll.

I'd be surprised if you're far off the mark but I do hope the Phillies don't just get swept. They did beat the Astros 3-0 one time in October during regular season...

But on that poll: maybe more of those who favor the Astros just don't have Twitter setups yet (or, again) since Elon Musk hasn't finished buying that platform and supposedly means to open it up to more freedom of expression.

Personally I think it's just that it's popular to roll with the underdog in polls...

lizkat

Reaction score
Woot! 6-5 win for the Phillies in 10 innings... they were teachin' school tonight in Houston, once they got over being back 5-0. Fun start to the Series, no matter how it goes from here.

I don't have many potato chips left from my contraband purchase today, I must admit. :giggle:

lizkat

Reaction score
Different day, different ballgame, different outcome. o_O

Three games in Philly comin' up after a day to get there and rest up for the home sweep. 😊

Top Bottom
1 2