2022 MLB playoffs

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
Do you have an iDevice with a sports app on it that you could set to go a-OOOGAh a-OOOGAh when the game starts?

I just went on about my to-do list of fixing up some stuff in my music libraries and glanced in at Twitter sports columnists now and then...

Whoever wins tomorrow (and I'm really rooting for my Yanks to be the winners) will have an even more difficult task of defeating The Asterisks with less rest since they'll be playing after flying out of New York probably less than 24 hours between Game 5 finishing and Game 1 starting.

Yeah this is going to be a drag for sure.

Yoused

up
Reaction score
knee deep in the road apples of the 4 horsemen
At one point I suggested going the Super Bowl route: World Series in designated parks to lessen the chance of rain outs. We have so many parks in sunny climes and domed stadia all over the place. But that would probably be too much since it isn't a single game like the Super Bowl.

Which I see as violating the very foundation of grid football, which is supposed to be played in the muck and the snow.

lizkat

Reaction score
The winner has to play in Houston tomorrow? Will they at least have one hand not tied behind their backs?

Well it starts to look like all the Guardians are going to manage to do here is mess with the Yanks' ability to rely on their bullpen tomorrow when they face a rested-up Astros team.

What a botched week in the annals of baseball.

weird playoffs construct, mechanical issues with a plane, having to switch hotels, crap weather and a stupidly extended rain delay...​
gee what could go wrong for the ALDS winner after a long flight to Texas tonight and looking at first pitch tomorrow?​

Also and just showing my bias here, if any high wins team was going to manage to stave off the onslaught from wild card teams, I'd rather it had not been the Astros.

ronntaylor

Elite Member
Reaction score
I'm assuming the Yanks tank in Game 1. With less than 24 hours after celebrating and flying into Houston for the first pitch, they almost need to sacrifice the opener. Concentrate on Game 2 with the goal of a split with three consecutive games at Yankee Stadium.

Hoping Boone doesn't blow it with questionable lineup decisions.

lizkat

Reaction score
Yankees vs Asstros: for most of the country, it is a matter of, who do I root against? Go Phillies or Padres!
Yeah eventually... but (or, so) I'd root for the Yanks any day over Houston.

Just don't tell my Yanks-lovin' brother. He's been nice enough though not to email me any gloats yet over last night's game.

Joe

Elite Member
Reaction score
Well had it been the Guardians playing the Astros, FiveThirtyEight gave Cleveland something like 13% chance of taking the ACLS. Yanks might have better odds than that but you probably right.

Astros have owned the Yanks all season. We'll see how that goes in this series.

lizkat

Reaction score
Well I gotta root for the Yankees while I can, since the Guardians have done their best for season

There will be time to think about the Astros later on during the Series, most likely..,

Edit: weird ad sequence, dunno if from TBS or YTTV but they just showed me a Labor Day sale ad... hello?

Last edited:

ronntaylor

Elite Member
Reaction score
I already conceded this first game to the Asterisks... but damn!! 17 friggin' strikeouts?! I knew the team would be in a daze. But 17 whiffs!!! :brickwall:

lizkat

Reaction score
No AL game tonight so we'll see how the Phillies and Padres mix it up on Phila turf tonight.

Special of the day: modified Philly cheese steak....😋

Philadelphia Inquirer havin' a little down home fun w/ the Padres' mascot ahead of the game...

modified philly cheese steaks?.jpg

lizkat

Reaction score
Happy about the Phillies' win last night. Hope they can keep truckin' and eventually win the NLCS. I don't fancy watching San Diego in the World Series... no matter who's playing for the AL. Dombroswki having stepped into the Phillies' baseball operations slot has done his typically great job improving their chances.

Anyway for the first look in at today's games, I'm back to being a Yankees fan. For their sake and so I don't have to put quarters in the swear jar again, I sure hope the Yanks can take it.

EDIT: Hmm. Well the quarters jar is the winner here today so far, geez. Couple innings to go...

Last edited:

mac_in_tosh

Site Champ
Reaction score
Even only having a casual interest in baseball these days, I didn't think the Yankees could get past Houston. But does it have to be so embarrassing? Down 0 games to 3 now. It's apparent they will never win another World Series under the current regime, let alone even get there. Judge is batting 0.156 in the postseason, Stanton .179, Rizzo .231, Torres .133, Donaldson .200. The glory days are long over.

Kind of analogous to the Dallas Cowboys. There's usually a lot of hype about "America's Team," but they haven't won squat in a long time, routinely falling short in the post season.

Top Bottom
1 2