2024 Democrat Presidential Candidates

To begin with, he is going to have to take questions from reporters. And without a cheat sheet of who to call on and what their question is going to be. He can do that at a press conferences where no one is really paying attention, but probably can't get away with it during a campaign.

He is going to have to talk to voters, even those who may ask/shout something he doesn't like, without getting pissed and calling them names.
Are you talking about Trump? Because you've just described him perfectly here. For once I would love to see you hold your side to the same expectations you have for Democrats, even just once, even just a little bit. JFC it's infuriating when you constantly only show allegiance to one side without ever questioning your own.

Are you talking about Trump? Because you've just described him perfectly here. For once I would love to see you hold your side to the same expectations you have for Democrats, even just once, even just a little bit. JFC it's infuriating when you constantly only show allegiance to one side without ever questioning your own.

Not sure which one you are referring to WRT Trump. I am going to assume the second one since I have never seen Trump get caught with a cheat sheet telling him what reporters to call on and what their questions would be.

As to Trump calling voters names, I have to admit I have never seen him do that. Now when it comes to reporters, commentators and politicians, he can be an absolute ass. And it does get old. At first it seemed he did it as pushback on comments he didn't like. But then he started doing it to pick fights and I am not really a fan of that. But a good number of supporters are. But like I said, I may be wrong, but I have never seen him call out a voter like Biden has.

But since this thread is about the election, Trump's supporters kind of expect that from him so it doesn't hurt his standing with them. But a lot of Biden's 2020 votes were "no mean tweets" votes, so if Biden starts snapping at reporters and voters, some of those people may not vote. They won't switch to Trump, but may either stay home or vote 3rd party.

In an interview today with CBS's Norah O'Donnell, Joe Manchin refused to say if he was or if he wasn't going to run for President.

I think if people get a chance to listen to him speak, he will have a real shot. He can connect with people. But he called what he is doing a "movement".

Not sure which one you are referring to WRT Trump. I am going to assume the second one since I have never seen Trump get caught with a cheat sheet telling him what reporters to call on and what their questions would be.

As to Trump calling voters names, I have to admit I have never seen him do that. Now when it comes to reporters, commentators and politicians, he can be an absolute ass. And it does get old. At first it seemed he did it as pushback on comments he didn't like. But then he started doing it to pick fights and I am not really a fan of that. But a good number of supporters are. But like I said, I may be wrong, but I have never seen him call out a voter like Biden has.

But since this thread is about the election, Trump's supporters kind of expect that from him so it doesn't hurt his standing with them. But a lot of Biden's 2020 votes were "no mean tweets" votes, so if Biden starts snapping at reporters and voters, some of those people may not vote. They won't switch to Trump, but may either stay home or vote 3rd party.
Trump posted this on "Truth" Social in September.

It reportedly originated with a group encouraging Jews to leave the Democratic party, but Trump was endorsing it by re-posting. If that's not insulting voters, I don't know what is. (It's both sad and funny that Nazi is misspelled "Natzi" and that the post ends with "Clearly, one of the greatest Anti Semites of our time!" (italics added for emphasis).

But beyond this example, I think Trump insults the American people pretty much every time he opens his mouth. "Getting old" might apply to repetitive political slogans, but the phrase massively understates the risk and significance. Trump's fascist promises to "root out vermin" and go after his political enemies should be revolting to anyone who doesn't want to live in an authoritarian state.

should be revolting to anyone who doesn't want to live in an authoritarian state.

This is why I think for some people trying to appeal with “democracy is at stake!” doesn’t work. They just want what they want to happen and they’re fine with whatever type of government they think will make that happen.

To begin with, he is going to have to take questions from reporters. And without a cheat sheet of who to call on and what their question is going to be. He can do that at a press conferences where no one is really paying attention, but probably can't get away with it during a campaign.

He is going to have to talk to voters, even those who may ask/shout something he doesn't like, without getting pissed and calling them names.

Biden speaks to the press as much if not more than Trump. He also takes and answers shouted questions often. He’s probably more accessible than the last guy, but is the criticism he needs to do so more, or is this more vastly exaggerated criticism like “he campaigns from the basement”?

Trump’s White House took a lot of flack for lack of press conferences, but that also included his spokesperson and not just him.

Is there a dry spell on info coming from the White House? I see and hear him as much as any other President of the past and I do see him take questions. What I see does not correspond with the criticism.

Trump's fascist promises to "root out vermin" and go after his political enemies should be revolting to anyone who doesn't want to live in an authoritarian state.

1920s - 1930s Europe. Scary as -uck, because trump admires strongman dictators and would like to be a modern day mussolini/hitler.

I think if people get a chance to listen to him speak, he will have a real shot. He can connect with people. But he called what he is doing a "movement".

I experielced a movement last night. And the color of it did remind me a bit of Manchin's backers. But,

"I don't know how to tell you," Manchin said. "I — the movement has to be there where people have to realize how serious a situation we're in."

"doing a movement" is very far from what he said.

Biden speaks to the press as much if not more than Trump. He also takes and answers shouted questions often. He’s probably more accessible than the last guy,

I would disagree, but are you OK with him having a list of reporters to call on and knowing what questions they are going to ask?

This is why I think for some people trying to appeal with “democracy is at stake!” doesn’t work. They just want what they want to happen and they’re fine with whatever type of government they think will make that happen.
This is what happens in authoritarian countries. People figure they'll be OK because they support whoever is in power, until they or someone they care about isn't OK.

I would disagree, but are you OK with him having a list of reporters to call on and knowing what questions they are going to ask?
You think Biden is less accessible to the public than Trump, born super rich, and is an alien goblin dipshit who’s never known a day of work in his life? Who is an obvious sociopath, proven rapist, aspiring dictator, Jerry Lewis-in-the-old-movies level moron…how do you lie to yourself like that? I’d like tips.

I don’t like this in general, but both parties do it, whether it’s scouting out friendly reporters or trying to ban ones they don’t like. If you actually watch Biden when he’s on television, which is often and probably as much or more than Trump - you would see he takes unsolicited questions often. His press secretary speaks to the press often, and her speeches can be dissected as anyone else’s, but they aren’t the stream of lies that came from the previous admin.

Remember when Huckabee Sanders left and the next press secretary virtually never engaged with the press?

More engagement is always great, but this seems borderline misinformed or ignoring Biden’s overall access and engagement. A lot of Biden’s engagements are not in formal settings, or even in prepared settings where he would have a “friendly” reporter on-hand. He engaged with the press when he stood on the Union protest lines, he answered questions and talked to supporters and reporters - probably won’t be marked as a “press engagement” but it absolutely was.

You think Biden is less accessible to the public than Trump, born super rich, and is an alien goblin dipshit who’s never known a day of work in his life? Who is an obvious sociopath, proven rapist, aspiring dictator, Jerry Lewis-in-the-old-movies level moron…how do you lie to yourself like that? I’d like tips.
Herdfan has repeatedly stated a dislike for Individual-ONE. However, it is kind of moot, as he basically supports most of the same policy positions. Iп fact, I believe that Herdfan's dislike is based more on the ShitGibbon's utter incompetence, his inability to put those policies into effect.

Herdfan has repeatedly stated a dislike for Individual-ONE. However, it is kind of moot, as he basically supports most of the same policy positions. Iп fact, I believe that Herdfan's dislike is based more on the ShitGibbon's utter incompetence, his inability to put those policies into effect.

Yes, I tend to prefer his policies over Biden's. The southern border is a complete mess and even the FBI is concerned about who is coming across.

I like that he is willing to fight back (which I believe is a cornerstone of his appeal), but don't always like the way he does it. Nor do I like when he starts fights for no good reason.

And yet, I’d disagree that Trump is more accessible than Biden.

I like that he is willing to fight back (which I believe is a cornerstone of his appeal), but don't always like the way he does it. Nor do I like when he starts fights for no good reason.

How do you like it when he breaks US and state laws? Especially when he puts United States security at risk? And fomenting an insurrection to change the outcome of a presidential election and peaceful transfer of power, in essence shredding the United States Constitution.

Last edited:
The opening of the first general election debate with DeSantis (or whoever) marching out in big steps from stage right confidently and looking like a million bucks to the center of the stage
When had DeSantis EVER looked like a million bucks? That’s the most hilarious post ever!

Back