COVID Stupid

Roller

Elite Member
Reaction score
if Jab is in there somewhere it is total BS. its amazing How stupid spreads like covid among the right.
Yeah, they love using that word. What an idiot. She lost the Republican primary so didn't run in the general.

BTW, actual studies of the effects of COVID vaccination on menstruation have shown abnormalities that are temporary and far less dangerous than not getting the vaccine at all.

AG_PhamD

Elite Member
Reaction score

It always amazed me how poorly designed the vaccination cards were- from not fitting in one’s wallet to having zero measures to protect from counterfeits. In fact, some vaccination sites ran out early on and had to photocopy a blank cards to supply people.

Secondly, it amazes me people would be dumb enough to counterfeit cards or pay for them. Anyone with an internet connection and a printer could easily make these cards.

It seems to me they should not only go after the the card counterfeiters, but also the people who paid for these. If you knowingly buy counterfeit money, should the government only go after the counterfeiters? I’m not saying throw the purchasers in jail, but how about a fine and a red mark on their record.

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
It seems to me they should not only go after the the card counterfeiters, but also the people who paid for these. If you knowingly buy counterfeit money, should the government only go after the counterfeiters? I’m not saying throw the purchasers in jail, but how about a fine and a red mark on their record.
Better yet, how about forcing them to take the injection they’ve been telling people they’ve taken?

AG_PhamD

Elite Member
Reaction score
Better yet, how about forcing them to take the injection they’ve been telling people they’ve taken?

While I’d love for for everyone to be vaccinated, that’s just not a reality and creates some medical ethics problems- and the shortfalls of the COVID-19 vaccine in particular make this all the more complicated. Certainly there are some jobs where vaccines should be required, nursing being a pretty good example of that. If a healthcare provider is not taking the appropriate efforts to keep their patients safe as well as themselves (so as not to create a mass shortage of providers in a crisis), I’m not sure what business you have in the field.

(One thing that infuriates me about the pandemic is the sizable population of perfectly healthy healthcare workers refusing to work out of fears of COVID. But that’s another topic…)

While making these people get the vaccines they claimed to have received is humorous, I would think purchasing and knowingly using counterfeit documents- indeed what amounts of official documents, must be considered some sort of fraud.

Falsifying medical records is a serious crime for healthcare practitioners. And it’s even worse if such actions are taken in order to defraud insurance, especially public health insurance. It might take some time for them to hunt you down but when they do you’re screwed. I’m not sure what laws if any apply to patients falsifying records outside of insurance fraud, but if it’s not fraud, it should be… or perhaps perjury if they are using the fake documents to access locations/services legally mandated to have its patrons show proof of vaccination.

If people don’t want to be vaccinated, that’s on them. But it’s their responsibility to accept the consequences of such actions.

AG_PhamD

Elite Member
Reaction score
I must admit my own COVID Stupidity.

I came down with a sore throat and congestion last night and took a COVID test. This was at 11:00PM after a very long day. I read the one line test result as positive, when that actually means negative. This is inevitably because I am so used to looking at rapid immunoassays in my career where one line means positive and two lines means negative. Something I’m usually consciously aware of. And this was so baffling because I just had COVID for the first time literally 2 months ago.

I went so far to notify my family and contacts and employer… only to have to sheepishly come back and say never mind, I’m an idiot.

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score

I came down with a sore throat and congestion last night and took a COVID test. This was at 11:00PM after a very long day. I read the one line test result as positive, when that actually means negative. This is inevitably because I am so used to looking at rapid immunoassays in my career where one line means positive and two lines means negative. Something I’m usually consciously aware of. And this was so baffling because I just had COVID for the first time literally 2 months ago.

I went so far to notify my family and contacts and employer… only to have to sheepishly come back and say never mind, I’m an idiot.
As a standard I would say you don’t qualify. :) As per another thread, it’s things like the Florida GOP voting to ban COVID shots, now that is playing to STUPID. A case where a political party, turns to crass manipulation, deceit, anti-democracy, legalizing lawlessness, and any other kind of tomfoolery that resonates with and secures their control over their STUPID pawns.

Pumbaa

Verified Warthog
Reaction score

I have to agree with @Huntn

That said — Thanks for sharing the funny story. I feel your pain, but at least you did the right things based on what you thought was the result. Go AG!

Roller

Elite Member
Reaction score

Yeah, doing stuff like that when you're tired can lead to unintended consequences. But, if you're still symptomatic, you may want to repeat the test a day or two later just to be sure.

AG_PhamD

Elite Member
Reaction score
As a standard I would say you don’t qualify. :) As per another thread, it’s things like the Florida GOP voting to ban COVID shots, now that is playing to STUPID. A case where a political party, turns to crass manipulation, deceit, anti-democracy, legalizing lawlessness, and any other kind of tomfoolery that resonates with and secures their control over their STUPID pawns.

I have to agree with @Huntn

That said — Thanks for sharing the funny story. I feel your pain, but at least you did the right things based on what you thought was the result. Go AG!

Haha. Well I appreciate both of you saying that. I mean it could be worse. I could have read my wife’s negative pregnancy test as positive and for the next 9 months planned on having a baby.

Thankfully my wife and I are not currently trying to have a baby and pregnancy tests (also immunoassays) have come a long ways since the simple line

As for banning the vaccine. That’s just nuts. And frankly at this point it’s less of a matter of what influence that would have on COVID and how this whole vaccine nonsense influences how people will look at other vaccines- vaccines that may have far more significance in preventing serious injury/disability/death in other populations.

I’ve told this story before but I once had a clinical internship at a pediatric hospital where a previously otherwise perfectly healthy 6-7 YO boy had meningitis (if my memory serves me) pneumococcal meningitis. He had never been vaccinated for anything because his parents only believed in natural medicine… that was until their son was dying. Had he been vaccinated as suggested, this likely would have never happened. He “survived” but incurred such severe neurological damage that he was almost entirely cognitively impaired and partially paralyzed- never to have anything close to a normal life or any independence. I’m not sure that really counts as surviving. I consider that the most disturbing case I’ve ever witnessed largely because it was likely so easily preventable.

And the reason vaccines are so important is because usually there is no targeted therapeutic to treat the condition. And if there are, they’re usually not very good and have significant limitations like how quickly they must be started to be effective. And even in the best case scenarios, they are never as good as never getting sick in the first place.

Yeah, doing stuff like that when you're tired can lead to unintended consequences. But, if you're still symptomatic, you may want to repeat the test a day or two later just to be sure.

Yup. I did a couple follow up antigen tests that have all yielded negative as well as PCR test that also yielded negative. I’ve seen what you describe happen perhaps more often than not when people immediately test upon development of symptoms and happened to me 2 months ago. 8 hours made all the difference.

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score

AG_PhamD

Elite Member
Reaction score
As I’m sure most know by now, the WSJ reported that the DoE’s investigation into the origin of COVID-19 pointed to the lab leak hypothesis over a natural origin, but with low confidence.

The response to the DoE’s finding by many continues to baffle me. I would interpret a low confidence finding in this context as the evidence points to one conclusion over an another, but there is still more evidence to confirm required to form any definite conclusion.

On the one side, you have some people taking the DoE’s findings as conclusive evidence, which it is certainly not.

On the other hand, many seem to interpret the low confidence as somehow implying the alternative hypothesis is actually true, when in fact is not the case. Or in other ways downplay the results, usually presenting it as an outlier, not mentioning the FBI also concluded the lab leak hypothesis, with moderate evidence.

Others have also gone as far to discredit the DoE, saying that the DOE needs to “stay in their lane”, apparently not realizing the DoE has operated biological research labs for decades, particularly in the context of biological weapons. So they probably do have some ability to understand viruses and safety protocols.

And perhaps worst of all, some have begun to make an argument implying that the origin of COVID really doesn’t matter. Which is an extremely bad take if you ask me.

The responses by some in the media, particularly those who denied the legitimacy of the question in the first place, seem to want a natural origin. It seems to be more about coping for the fact they may indeed have been wrong than any scientific basis for their opinion.

I’m not sure why the lab leak was ever a controversial opinion to begin with. Certainly there are reasons why government agencies and perhaps companies and research institutions would favor one origin of another. But why people (particularly the media) felt so sure of one conclusion to the point of censorship and campaigns of maligning those with another option as racist or throwing them in the same bucket as the 5G chips in vaccines people is really quite troubling for both the media and scientific community.

A lab leak raises a lot of inconvenient questions about allowable research, funding, oversight, liability, geopolitics, etc. Those are likely issues worth considering even if COVID is was not a lab leak- but another discussion in itself.

Personally, I have fairly high confidence we the public will never know conclusively the origin if it was indeed a lab leak. That would require full cooperation from the CCP and that’s unlikely to ever happen.

fooferdoggie

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score

Why America was uniquely vulnerable to COVID​

• But this study offers a more nuanced view of how the combination of factors made certain states more vulnerable than others. For example, the analysis found no association between the political affiliation of the state governor and death rates. But one key predictor of infections and total COVID deaths was the share of people that voted for President Trump in the 2020 presidential election.

mac_in_tosh

Site Champ
Reaction score
Higher rates of covid deaths among Trump voters is not surprising given that he ridiculed the simplest of steps people could take to reduce risk. So not only does he routinely grift his supporters but he also adversely affected their health. And yet they keep worshipping Dear Leader.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score

Why America was uniquely vulnerable to COVID​

• But this study offers a more nuanced view of how the combination of factors made certain states more vulnerable than others. For example, the analysis found no association between the political affiliation of the state governor and death rates. But one key predictor of infections and total COVID deaths was the share of people that voted for President Trump in the 2020 presidential election.

Not sure that study, at least the map, supports that conclusion.

The 3 highest states/DC all voted for Biden in 2020 (Arizona, DC and New Mexico). And FL had 75% of the infections of CA.

One thing I will say is that it makes sense that Trump voters died at a higher rate than Biden voters. Republican voters tend to be older so it follows that they would die at a higher rate than younger voters. That has nothing to do with who they voted for.

mac_in_tosh

Site Champ
Reaction score
Republican voters tend to be older so it follows that they would die at a higher rate than younger voters. That has nothing to do with who they voted for.
What are the statistics that support this statement?

You don't think that Trump supporters shared his derisive attitude toward masking and social distancing, more so than Biden supporters?

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
What are the statistics that support this statement?

Basically 56% of GOP voters are >50 while 50% of Dem voters are >50.

You don't think that Trump supporters shared his derisive attitude toward masking and social distancing, more so than Biden supporters?

First, I don't recall any pushback or "derisive attitude" against Social Distancing. Quite frankly I was happy for people to stay away from me. :)

As for masking yes, but anecdotally I think older people were more willing to wear masks than younger people regardless of political affiliation. Even in my deep Red state I still see older people wearing masks in stores.

Yoused

up
Reaction score
knee deep in the road apples of the 4 horsemen
Basically 56% of GOP voters are >50 while 50% of Dem voters are >50.
I would like to know what "GOP voters" and "Dem voters" actually means, because, together they make up barely half of Americans overall.

57FD4D52-BB4B-4040-8142-F1B0929E0506.png

(data souce)

Top Bottom
1 2