Dogs get nervous too

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
I was at an (outdoor) party this weekend at my daughter's house. Lots of people, and while it wasn't particularly rambunctious, lots of people tend to make a fair amount of noise.

My daughter has a golden doodle which is the most adorable thing, like a little teddy bear. She loves people and she's extremely laid back.

Which is why it came as a surprise to me when, about two and a half hours into the party, she started wandering around the backyard deck, going to various people and looking them in the eye and just barking at them. She did it to one person, then she went to somebody else and did it to them, too, and then kind of just proceeded to randomly go to others and do the same.

I still smile when I think about it. It only took me a moment to figure out that she was telling them off. The poor dog was saying to people, "Okay, that's it. I've had enough of the noise. Go home, already!" šŸ˜„

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
I like when dogs are telling you one thing with their bark while their wagging tale is telling you something different.
My daughterā€™s golden doodle, if I bark at her, sheā€™ll bark back at me. I guess weā€™re having an argument, but I have no idea what weā€™re arguing about. Somehow itā€™s play for her, because the next second I can be scratching her behind the ears and sheā€™s happy.

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
I was at an (outdoor) party this weekend at my daughter's house. Lots of people, and while it wasn't particularly rambunctious, lots of people tend to make a fair amount of noise.

My daughter has a golden doodle which is the most adorable thing, like a little teddy bear. She loves people and she's extremely laid back.

Which is why it came as a surprise to me when, about two and a half hours into the party, she started wandering around the backyard deck, going to various people and looking them in the eye and just barking at them. She did it to one person, then she went to somebody else and did it to them, too, and then kind of just proceeded to randomly go to others and do the same.

I still smile when I think about it. It only took me a moment to figure out that she was telling them off. The poor dog was saying to people, "Okay, that's it. I've had enough of the noise. Go home, already!" šŸ˜„
My sister in law turned their dog into a wreck because of her fear of thunderstorms, which became the dogs fear.

Never heard of a golden doodle till now. Thought it was a typo till I looked it up, then saw you repeated it. :)

Last edited:

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
Never heard of a golden doodle till now. Thought it was a typo till I looked it up, then saw you repeated ir. :)
Omigod, they are so cute, friendly and playful.

She's the runt of the litter, and as a puppy she looked like a toy dog, she was so effing cute. Everyone, and I mean everyone who saw a photo of her couldn't help going, "Awwwwwwww!"

Yoused

up
Reaction score
knee deep in the road apples of the 4 horsemen
At the grocery store this afternoon, guy walks past with his service animal. I get what I need an that aisle, think for a moment, then head back around the way I came because I never use a list and shop somewhat randomly (not that the layout of the store being radically changed recently helps). Come around the end of the aisle and there is the guy apologizing to everyone around and pulling out baggies as his dog is busy squeezing out a pile on the floor. It was not a walk in the park ā€“ well, in a way I guess it kinda was.

fooferdoggie

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
At the grocery store this afternoon, guy walks past with his service animal. I get what I need an that aisle, think for a moment, then head back around the way I came because I never use a list and shop somewhat randomly (not that the layout of the store being radically changed recently helps). Come around the end of the aisle and there is the guy apologizing to everyone around and pulling out baggies as his dog is busy squeezing out a pile on the floor. It was not a walk in the park ā€“ well, in a way I guess it kinda was.
sad part is I have seen humans do this too.

bunnspecial

Site Champ
Reaction score
Omigod, they are so cute, friendly and playful.

She's the runt of the litter, and as a puppy she looked like a toy dog, she was so effing cute. Everyone, and I mean everyone who saw a photo of her couldn't help going, "Awwwwwwww!"

Wife and I have a Goldendoodle who's a year and a half old now(little older).

He's a first dog for both of us and we couldn't have done better. They really are the best tempered dogs I've ever been around-always playful and love everyone. Ours definitely gets stressed out, though, as to the original title of this post.

And since we're talking about them, this is no good without pictures. Yes, he's a Goldendoodle. Yes, he's also jet black-the product of a "golden" goldendoodle(50/50 retriever/poodle) and a jet black poodle. He's also wavy(and soft), not curly. He's 60lbs and all legs, and more than once I've been walking him and heard "That's the biggest poodle I've ever seen." We're actually taking him this afternoon to spend a couple of days with the breeder, whose daughter dog sits, and he'll get to play with one of his littermates that is a near twin.

DSC_6757.jpg

mollyc

seeker of light
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
Fujifilm
oh, is it a share your pet thread?? this is halley on film. she's 2 and half lab/half collie.

photo-7.jpg

and this is halley on digital. she's still half lab/half collie.

photo-2.jpg

Top Bottom
1 2