Donald Trump 2024 Presidential Campaign Announcement Nov. 15

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
He didn’t make much of a wave. What I thought was a good performance (by his standards), many feel was boring, even some on Fox News. Others thought it was brilliant - the usual boot lockers.

But he was disciplined and on message (America is doomed). Yet many found it boring. I guess that’s why Biden won, people were and are sick of the circus.

He’s first out of the gate. Will he make it out there for six months with no competition? A two year presidential campaign by an aging lunatic?
Hopefully, his many court cases will keep him too busy to do much campaigning.

MEJHarrison

Site Champ
Reaction score
It's been interesting reading comments on Fox and OAN about his running (if you can even find a story). There's the usual hero worship. But a fair number are starting to say it's time to move on and he's handing democrats the win and so on. Some of them seem to finally be moving on.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
It's been interesting reading comments on Fox and OAN about his running (if you can even find a story). There's the usual hero worship. But a fair number are starting to say it's time to move on and he's handing democrats the win and so on. Some of them seem to finally be moving on.

He was a King maker for the most part in the primaries. But it didn't translate to the General.

Time for him to go away.

bwinter88

Fight, or nose: pick one
Reaction score
He didn’t make much of a wave. What I thought was a good performance (by his standards), many feel was boring, even some on Fox News. Others thought it was brilliant - the usual boot lockers.

But he was disciplined and on message (America is doomed). Yet many found it boring. I guess that’s why Biden won, people were and are sick of the circus.

He’s first out of the gate. Will he make it out there for six months with no competition? A two year presidential campaign by an aging lunatic?
I always figured the adoration came from his reputation as an unpredictable shoot-from-the-hip wild talker. Funny how his rambling is now considered disciplined and on-message. Thank god we're tuning out now. Finally.

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
I always figured the adoration came from his reputation as an unpredictable shoot-from-the-hip wild talker. Funny how his rambling is now considered disciplined and on-message. Thank god we're tuning out now. Finally.

I stopped being willing even to listen to him for more than a few minutes a long time ago. Last thing I played very much of, I think, was a 2017 speech when he went off the deep end talking to a Boy Scout Jamboree and launched into highly inappropriate political rhetoric regarding the 2016 election.

That was an event where the executive head of the Boy Scouts finally ended up making a formal apology to parents of forty thousand boy scouts, after waiting a reasonable amount of time for Trump himself to apologize, which (of course) never happened.​

After that for the most part I could hardly even bear to play clips of the guy that media would embed when discussing one of his pressers or rallies. When he goes off script, he just goes down all these rabbit holes. The gaslighting effect of his stream of consciousness style is just suffocating after awhile.

bwinter88

Fight, or nose: pick one
Reaction score
I should be giddy posting this sick burn from the NYP, but it just makes me sick. After years of gaslighting from conservatives mocking liberals with orange man orange man and now they've basically arrived at using it themselves unironically. "Isn't it weird how he's fat and golfs all the time and likes his burnt steaks with ketchup and he's orange except around his eyes and gaudy as hell and leers at his daughter—" YES WE KNOW WE TRIED TELLING YOU FOUR YEARS AGO

Seems like we're headed towards finally all agreeing the emperor has no clothes, should be real fun watching conservative outlets regurgitate all the oldies :rolleyes:

FhsAVgpWAAEvoJu.jpg

Yoused

up
Reaction score
knee deep in the road apples of the 4 horsemen
I always figured the adoration came from his reputation as an unpredictable shoot-from-the-hip wild talker. Funny how his rambling is now considered disciplined and on-message. Thank god we're tuning out now.
He coincided with the rise of Bernie. Initially, it was not at all about him, per se, it was about the country being weary of mainline political leaders, and him being able to shove his way past the other R lumps.

The fed-up-ness of the American people has not gone away. You can expect it to come back, probably stronger. How it will play out remains to be seen, but it might not yield horrific results next time it surfaces. Or it might.

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
That's kind of ironic given how many people show up for a Biden rally. ;)

But it's going to get ugly and ugly quickly:

IA
Desantis - 48
Trump - 37

NH
Desantis - 52
Trump - 37

FL
Desantis - 56
Trump - 30

GA
Desantis - 55
Trump - 35
Good. If you normally wanted a less effective Republican President so he could be voted down in the next election, and if it were not for The MAGA crazies, if someone was going to beat the liberal candidate, I might want to see a dip shit like Donny get elected.

But the problem here is that instead of being laughed out of town, as being completely unqualified to hold public office, unqualified to run a business, in essence a mafia style felon, Mr Self-Destructo who splashes his poison like gasolene on a a raging fire, and for the last 7 years the MAGA imbeciles and GOP establishment just gulped a triple orange Koolaid Specialss and shouted LET THE INSANITY RULE!
It’s possible, the spell has broken.

That does not mean I like Desantis. This man is much more dangerous in a competent way.
But Biden has never had big rallies, he's always been a low energy but stable candidate. Trump is the one who has the claim to fame on huge turnouts and his balloon has been deflated. You'll need to find a better comparison on this one dude.
Funny that Mr Liar Pants On Fire has always felt compelled to inflate his numbers.
Word in the gutter is that the Q folks are starting to be told that DeSantis is a deep state plant.
Serious or a joke?
"Trump is living proof that a con man doesn't have to be smart if his victims are stupid enough."

Hence my frequent citing of STUPID directed at the GOP/MAGA illness. It’s the source of many/most of Humanity’s problems. There is no way, except in Hell for such a Malignancy to take hold.

Citysnaps

Elite Member
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
He coincided with the rise of Bernie.

I miss Bernie. He drew big crowds in past SF rallies, with loads of energy. Don't know how he does it at his age. He's like the Energizer Bunny.

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
He coincided with the rise of Bernie. Initially, it was not at all about him, per se, it was about the country being weary of mainline political leaders, and him being able to shove his way past the other R lumps.

The fed-up-ness of the American people has not gone away. You can expect it to come back, probably stronger. How it will play out remains to be seen, but it might not yield horrific results next time it surfaces. Or it might.
Fed up, apparantly tear it all down, self-destructively so, as the MAGA infection spread, gross corruption of the word “great”. 😳

mac_in_tosh

Site Champ
Reaction score
Trump actually said this during his announcement speech:
“I’ve gone decades, decades without a war, the first president to do it for a long period.”

Trump's speech was pathetic, so obviously a desperate cry for attention and recognition. I wonder how many of the right wing media outlets that constantly question Biden's mental competence even mentioned this gaffe. Or maybe they attributed it to his greatness, that he can retroactively produce peace for decades despite only being president for four years, or even six if you consider that he, you know, really won the 2020 election by a landslide but it was stolen from him. Like his other power of declassifying hundreds of documents by thought alone.

Citysnaps

Elite Member
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Trump actually said this during his announcement speech:
“I’ve gone decades, decades without a war, the first president to do it for a long period.”

Trump's speech was pathetic, so obviously a desperate cry for attention and recognition. I wonder how many of the right wing media outlets that constantly question Biden's mental competence even mentioned this gaffe. Or maybe they attributed it to his greatness, that he can retroactively produce peace for decades despite only being president for four years, or even six if you consider that he, you know, really won the 2020 election by a landslide but it was stolen from him. Like his other power of declassifying hundreds of documents by thought alone.

Yeah and still playing the victim card. Jeeeeeeez, when is that whiney little toddler going to grow up? What's even worse are the people who *still* look up to him with respect.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score

I completely agree with you.

Are you scared? At least a little? :ROFLMAO:

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
How many generations of Trumps do you think it will take before the dirtbag stink goes away? I’m thinking at least through his grandchildren and that’s only if they STFU and disappear now. People often talk about leaving the world a better place for their kids in general terms. It’s rare that parents actively take part in making the world a worse place for their kids specifically.

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
To quote an overused expression because I find it highly apropos in this situation: "You can't make this shit up":

5CC53EB9-6A4C-46AA-8B90-689C150BCBDB.jpeg

I nominate Bozo for Supervisor Of Dispensing The Refreshing Orange Elixir.
Seconded by Lord Drumph “You know a lot of people are saying how wonderfully tingly the sensation is as it goes down.” …before glutching their throats. :oops:

fooferdoggie

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
I love the "Bled for us ..." comment, that orange halfwit never even broke a sweat unless it was running into a McDonalds ...
I think the blood is all the pain and suffering he has went through because he chose himself over America. chose to break the law over holding it up. Such a true warrior.

Top Bottom
1 2