FBI executed search warrant at Mar-a-Lago

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
How did he get this stuff home? It’s not like an assitant can walk into a room and grab this stuff and get It to Trump. What is the chain of command for these documents and how did he get them from wherever they are usually kept secure all the way to his gilded country club?

I know the rubes like to pretend that Trump can just snap a finger and declassify stuff - and maybe that’s true under certain circumstances (like there being no precedent on what to do when a sitting president is a careless moron who gives sensitive info to Russians or toilet-tweets sensitive images). But that wouldn’t answer how he got troves of material that is supposed to have layers of protection. I’m assuming it’s not a filing cabinet back by the water cooler people can just go and snatch stuff out of.

I believe the DoJ has more on Trump than just knowing he had the documents. And that is absolutely bad enough. To get a little conspiratorial here, I’d still like to know what his relationship is with Russia. Neither he nor his children have ever condemned Putin, mentioned the atrocities Russia commits on its own people. I know Trump envies authoritarian figures, but that doesn’t explain his refusal to go against self-interest and condemn Russia/Putin. There’s clearly something there beyond it being mere bedroom eyes for his idol.
For mere mortals, there are protocols, custodians, chain of custody, numbered copies, checked out then back in, kept in a secure location called a scif.

That said I have no idea what protocols are in place for POTUS or in the White House in a normal Administration vs the POS Trump Administration. The ability to grab boxes of classified documents and have then packed by the movers or secreted away, there is a breakdown of such standards and complicity to break the law involved. It’s no surprise that the Trump Administration flaunted and made a joke of such standards. Based on previous espionage cases, mishandling classified documents , this bastard belongs in jail or at a minimum be disqualified from running for POTUS again. :mad:

Citysnaps

Elite Member
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
It may be quicker if they can agree to a timetable to have the master appointed and to go through the documents in a timeframe.

Special master.jpg

rdrr

Elite Member
Reaction score
Fail to forget that there is a secret tunnel into that place from across the street. I would imagine the FBI was aware of it, but then again, maybe not.
Hang on is this true, or did I miss the sarcasm?

mac_in_tosh

Site Champ
Reaction score
Has Bill Barr been taken over by aliens? From CBSnews.com:

Washington – Former Attorney General William Barr denounced a Florida federal judge's order authorizing the appointment of a special master to review the documents seized at former President Donald Trump's Florida residence, calling the ruling "wrong" and "deeply flawed."

Citysnaps

Elite Member
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone

Washington – Former Attorney General William Barr denounced a Florida federal judge's order authorizing the appointment of a special master to review the documents seized at former President Donald Trump's Florida residence, calling the ruling "wrong" and "deeply flawed."

An attempt at image rehabilitation. Not working for me.

The minuscule respect I had for him went into negative numbers after he obfuscated the Mueller report three years ago.

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score

Barr has been outspoken thus far. Like the poster above said, probably image rehab. And I'm sure he's not a personal fan of Trump, at least not any longer.

The only thing that I can think of when he says these things now, is "What on earth was going through your mind during your tenure under Trump? Did you not see this coming? Why were your actions then any better than the people you're criticizing now?"

But it goes back to what we've said all along; you have stupid people who support Trump - your stereotypical goof troop of people like Gaetz, MTG, Boebert... but then you have the Bill Barrs, the John Kellys, Lindsey Grahams, etc... the ones who know they are playing the role of a Trump supporter to enrich themselves while fully realizing how detrimental he is to their party and the country as a whole.

Yoused

up
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
knee deep in the road apples of the 4 horsemen

Edd

It’s all in the reflexes
Site Donor
Reaction score

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
For mere mortals, there are protocols, custodians, chain of custody, numbered copies, checked out then back in, kept in a secure location called a scif.

That said I have no idea what protocols are in place for POTUS or in the White House in a normal Administration vs the POS Trump Administration. The ability to grab boxes of classified documents and have then packed by the movers or secreted away, there is a breakdown of such standards and complicity to break the law involved. It’s no surprise that the Trump Administration flaunted and made a joke of such standards. Based on previous espionage cases, mishandling classified documents , this bastard belongs in jail or at a minimum be disqualified from running for POTUS again. :mad:

I’m sure 4 years of bullying people and throwing tantrums played a part. "Just let her take the wine glass if it will get her out the door."

Top Bottom
1 2