Happy 15th anniversary, iPhone

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
Yup. Fifteen years ago today.

I can remember watching with interest as I planned on replacing my flip phone with this. I didn’t get to it right away, though. My first iPhone was a 5.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony

I can remember watching with interest as I planned on replacing my flip phone with this. I didn’t get to it right away, though. My first iPhone was a 5.
Anyone still have their original? I do. Gotta wonder if it'll be worth something some day. 🤷‍♂️

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
And today we have Tik-Tok and Snapchat ... thanks a lot Steve ...

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Nope. Mine was stolen years ago. I think my oldest is a 3, but I have a functional 5.

Yeah, my oldest iPhone is a 5S (I might even have two), they're actually pretty mint and still work, though probably have a janky battery.

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score

Me too iPhone 5. When they first came out they were $600 (I think), I laughed, ridiculous as I was used to spending <$200 on a phone. It seems like a goof interval to renew phones is 5 model numbers. We’ve had 10s for about a year or so.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
Anyone still have their original? I do. Gotta wonder if it'll be worth something some day. 🤷‍♂️

The wife's is around here somewhere.

She waited in line to get one on release day. I did not. Wasn't sure about the durability given I was replacing RAZR's or Blackberry's every 6 months or so. After she had hers for a while, I jumped in with the 3G. And in all those years, I have only damaged 2 of them, one around the 5 or 6 era I dropped on its corner and needed to be replaced and the other was a more recent one with the glass back. Started to drop it, grabbed at it and smacked it across the parking lot cracking the glass back rendering wireless charging useless.

Cmaier

Site Master
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score

I have 2. I have kept all my iphones (at least the ones that didn’t get passed down to remote family members) in a shoebox. The box is full. :)

I also have a giant bag full of old cables, in case I decide to try and power one of these things up one day.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
I have 2. I have kept all my iphones (at least the ones that didn’t get passed down to remote family members) in a shoebox. The box is full. :)

I also have a giant bag full of old cables, in case I decide to try and power one of these things up one day.
My neat freak wife every time she finds a box of cables... pulls one out at random "when are you EVER going to use this again?".

Cmaier

Site Master
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
My neat freak wife every time she finds a box of cables... pulls one out at random "when are you EVER going to use this again?".

I have one space in the house that my wife has allotted me - the right side of one of those sliding-door closets in a spare bedroom she uses as a home office. I’ve got wire rack shelves in it, with pull out drawers labeled for each kind of cable, old computers and phones, and my camera equipment (lenses, chargers, batteries, tripods, etc.). She’d probably throw stuff out if I didn’t occasionally try and make use of a shelf elsewhere in the house in order to keep her distracted.

Cmaier

Site Master
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Figured I’d break ’em out for their birthday

C6DC10A9-4E6B-4845-B800-3667655E0859.jpeg

quagmire

Site Champ
Reaction score
If there is one phone I regret getting rid of, it is the 4.

It's why I love the 12 Pro/13 Pro design so much since it is an awesome throw back to the 4. Same reason why I loved the X with the steel band and glass front and back.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Me and my wife's original first gen A1203. Who knows maybe these will be worth something some day.

IMG_4178.jpeg

Ulenspiegel

διπλωμάτης
Reaction score
My first iPhone was a 3S.

I still have it in its original box.

It was a wonder, I enjoyed it very much.

Somehow I feel nostalgic as it was/is so (much) comfortable to hold in hand.

Top Bottom
1 2