Hunter Biden Plea Deal

I simply don’t care.

Really about either conviction.

I am probably more annoyed about the 💩 I took over the laptop and how it wasn’t real etc. And then it was real.

It now costs me $130 to fill up my truck. And that’s down from north of $150. Our grocery bill is up 30-40%. We have allowed a small nation to come across our southern border unabated and given them hundreds/thousands of dollars of benefits that citizens don’t get.

So no, I don’t care. And neither do millions of others.

That is what some of you need to at least look at and ask yourself what you are missing when half the country simple doesn’t care. You can think what you want about them, but at the very least you need to try to understand their motivation.

I don’t care is the sales equivalent of I don’t want it. Ninety plus percent of sales objections can be overcome except one. And that is “I don’t want it”.

“i don’t care” can’t be overcome either.
I honestly don't understand what you mean by not caring. What is it that you and millions of others don't care about? If you truly don't care, why not just sit to the side?

Personally, I do care about what happens to this country, if not for me, for my descendants and countless others who will inherit the world we leave them. Whether it's about climate change, access to healthcare, basic human rights, massive wealth inequity, relations with the rest of the world, or many other issues, I care. I'm older than you, but I'm sure you remember the days when politicians in the U.S. mostly dealt with each other civilly, even though they had strikingly different approaches. How can anyone look at people like Trump, MTG, Matt Gaetz, Paul Gosar, and, yes, Bob Menendez, and think they're fit to serve and deal with our problems? And why should anyone take seriously the drum beat calls about an open border and higher crime rates when the facts speak otherwise.

I care about the US turning into a fascist country. Seems many have little knowledge about what happened in 1930s/1940s Europe.

Or, more likely: Simply don’t care.

I honestly don't understand what you mean by not caring. What is it that you and millions of others don't care about? If you truly don't care, why not just sit to the side?

I simply don't care about the charges. I don't believe any other citizen would be facing what Trump is facing. And neither do millions of others.

Personally, I do care about what happens to this country, if not for me, for my descendants and countless others who will inherit the world we leave them. Whether it's about climate change, access to healthcare, basic human rights, massive wealth inequity, relations with the rest of the world, or many other issues, I care.

So do I. I care that people can live their lives in safety without worrying about crime. I care that people can afford to feed their families. That taxpayer dollars are spent on citizens and not anyone who wants to just walk across the border. That we don't get into endless wars overseas (both parties own this).

I'm older than you, but I'm sure you remember the days when politicians in the U.S. mostly dealt with each other civilly, even though they had strikingly different approaches.

I do remember. Reagan and Tip would meet at the WH and hammer out a deal. But that was before each side had to be "right". Do you not find it at least interesting that many of Trump's proposals in 2016 were previously supported by Democrats? What changed? Nothing as far as I can tell except for the need to be "Right" and not give an inch to the other side.

And why should anyone take seriously the drum beat calls about an open border and higher crime rates when the facts speak otherwise.

Go take a look at how many border crossing encounters we have had since Biden took over vs Trump. The facts are the facts.

As for crime statistics, we all know they can be manipulated, but what can't be is the number of retailers pulling out of areas because of crime. They may say the stores are unprofitable, but what made them unprofitable all of a sudden? Maybe theft and fewer customers. So while no one will really care a downtown mega department store closes (well maybe the landlord and tax department), when those closings involve local grocery or drug stores, that affects those communities. While I can drive a town to shop if I have to, many people can't.

Personally, I do care about what happens to this country, if not for me, for my descendants and countless others who will inherit the world we leave them. Whether it's about climate change, access to healthcare, basic human rights, massive wealth inequity, relations with the rest of the world, or many other issues, I care. I'm older than you, but I'm sure you remember the days when politicians in the U.S. mostly dealt with each other civilly, even though they had strikingly different approaches. How can anyone look at people like Trump, MTG, Matt Gaetz, Paul Gosar, and, yes, Bob Menendez, and think they're fit to serve and deal with our problems? And why should anyone take seriously the drum beat calls about an open border and higher crime rates when the facts speak otherwise.

I believe he is saying for a lot of people most concerns come secondary to their financial concerns and they’ll pull the candidate lever based entirely on what is going on with that in the moment. They have no idea how things really work and nor do they want to. They’re just looking at their bank account now. Personally I believe we’re on an economic death spiral regardless of which party is in the majority or white house because none of our parties or leaders have the fortitude to combat the greed that’s become our foundation. Grand scale economic criminals get a slap on the wrist or bailed out. Any guardrails installed to prevent it from happening again get dismantled five minutes later. Everything is just going to devolve into tribal violence far removed from the actual problems and solutions.

Have a nice day!

Go take a look at how many border crossing encounters we have had since Biden took over vs Trump. The facts are the facts.

And what did Biden do to cause this sudden illegal rush across the border?

What federal program is offering illegals hundreds of thousands of dollars, while hardworking Americans struggle?

I simply don't care about the charges. I don't believe any other citizen would be facing what Trump is facing. And neither do millions of others.

Well, you and millions of others are wrong, nothing new there. Millions have been wrong before, and the millions who are correct just have to plow forward. You’re technically correct in that Trump wouldn’t be facing what he is now had he not been president; he’d be facing more. A lot more, nobody would get away with what he’s gotten with, which you never seem to acknowledge even when evidence is provided of others being hit with harder sentences for less-egregious actions. You just continue to parrot the same Trump narrative with slightly softer wording.

Sorry, but people aren’t allowed to continually cheat on their taxes and falsify their business records carte blanche no matter how many times Trump’s allies tell you to believe that. His charity was a fraud, his university was a fraud, his business is a fraud, he’s a fraud. Nobody can make you think or believe otherwise, but you’re simply wrong, unless this is special pleading that Trump should just be treated as a special unique person with his own legal system.

If you literally don’t care who you vote for as long as your grocery and gas bills go down, then fine. That’s your option, I’m just curious what would make someone say “this is more important than my grocery bill”. Trump hasn’t crossed that threshold for you, and based on how things have been going the last nine years, I don’t believe anything will.

What federal program is offering illegals hundreds of thousands of dollars, while hardworking Americans struggle?
I think as long as we refuse to address why they're fleeing by both putting pressure on local governments and boots on the ground where needed (for humanitarian efforts) there will be no way of stopping them from coming, it's like trying to stop a flood by building bigger dams. The reality is they're fleeing violence and poverty and risking a lot to do it, meanwhile neither party is doing anything to address the root cause.

It’s also not illegal for people to simply come to the border. Ever since Trump, the right has conflated illegal border crossings with people showing up. When things are bad elsewhere, they want to come here. Seeking asylum is not a crime. I wonder if Herdfan is upset at illegal border crossings, which is one discussion, or people simply trying to come here, which is another discussion. As much as it may upset less-informed Trump supporters or people who just don’t like brown people, showing up to seek asylum is not a crime and doesn’t automatically make someone an illegal immigrant.

remember the dealer faked info on the application or he would not have been able to buy it. but he didn't even get in trouble. shows you the priorities.

Border encounters are at all time high under Biden. That is a fact. Maybe because on Day 1 Biden signed an executive order cancelling Trump's remain in Mexico policy among other things.

Not federal programs, but NYC for example is giving illegal migrants prepaid debit cards at a cost of $53M. There are really too many to list.

Now they are attempting to do something after spending 3 years saying it's the GOP's fault. Seems he could have signed the June 4th EO at any point in time of his Presidency. But now it hurting his polling.

A CBS reporter was stunned that her own network's poll showed 62% of RV's want ALL illegal migrants sent back.

1718141193876.png

That is a lot of headwind to overcome. Especially when RV's believe Trump's policies would be better:

1718141296968.png

I believe he is saying for a lot of people most concerns come secondary to their financial concerns and they’ll pull the candidate lever based entirely on what is going on with that in the moment. They have no idea how things really work and nor do they want to. They’re just looking at their bank account now. Personally I believe we’re on an economic death spiral regardless of which party is in the majority or white house because none of our parties or leaders have the fortitude to combat the greed that’s become our foundation. Grand scale economic criminals get a slap on the wrist or bailed out. Any guardrails installed to prevent it from happening again get dismantled five minutes later. Everything is just going to devolve into tribal violence far removed from the actual problems and solutions.

Have a nice day!

Pretty much.

I always heard them referred to as dinner table conversations but yes, other concerns are secondary to being able to support your family.

And I do agree that we are in an economic death spiral even though we may not fully agree on why. But I do agree that neither party wants to address it because they system keeps money flowing to them.

But in case you don't believe me:

1718141356037.png

It’s also not illegal for people to simply come to the border. Ever since Trump, the right has conflated illegal border crossings with people showing up. When things are bad elsewhere, they want to come here. Seeking asylum is not a crime. I wonder if Herdfan is upset at illegal border crossings, which is one discussion, or people simply trying to come here, which is another discussion. As much as it may upset less-informed Trump supporters or people who just don’t like brown people, showing up to seek asylum is not a crime and doesn’t automatically make someone an illegal immigrant.

Illegal crossing for sure. But it seems they want to make every person who wants to come across the border a legitimate asylum seeker. Escaping poverty is not a legal reason to seek asylum.

Well, you and millions of others are wrong, nothing new there.

If you literally don’t care who you vote for as long as your grocery and gas bills go down, then fine. That’s your option, I’m just curious what would make someone say “this is more important than my grocery bill”. Trump hasn’t crossed that threshold for you, and based on how things have been going the last nine years, I don’t believe anything will.

Sorry, not just me.

1718141724099.png

Trump leads in polling on most of these issues that people care about that directly affect their family.

This is the question that should scare the Dems:

1718141438875.png

Trump got just over 10% in 2020. That is a huge gain. And it doesn't even measure Hispanics who are also breaking for Trump.

Border encounters are at all time high under Biden. That is a fact. Maybe because on Day 1 Biden signed an executive order cancelling Trump's remain in Mexico policy among other things.

Not federal programs, but NYC for example is giving illegal migrants prepaid debit cards at a cost of $53M. There are really too many to list.

Now they are attempting to do something after spending 3 years saying it's the GOP's fault. Seems he could have signed the June 4th EO at any point in time of his Presidency. But now it hurting his polling.

A CBS reporter was stunned that her own network's poll showed 62% of RV's want ALL illegal migrants sent back.

View attachment 29881

That is a lot of headwind to overcome. Especially when RV's believe Trump's policies would be better:

View attachment 29882

Pretty much.

I always heard them referred to as dinner table conversations but yes, other concerns are secondary to being able to support your family.

And I do agree that we are in an economic death spiral even though we may not fully agree on why. But I do agree that neither party wants to address it because they system keeps money flowing to them.

But in case you don't believe me:

View attachment 29883

Illegal crossing for sure. But it seems they want to make every person who wants to come across the border a legitimate asylum seeker. Escaping poverty is not a legal reason to seek asylum.

Sorry, not just me.

This explains a lot. Poverty in different countries is very different than what you think of as poverty here. To be honest, if you can’t sympathize with someone in imminent danger from gangs or having a sick child when you’re impoverished, we never will see eye to eye on much of anything.

No, it’s not just you. There’s never been a time when people with this mindset didn’t exist, ever. It’s our job to continue defeating that backwards mindset. Conservatives are literally trying to take this country backwards.

This explains a lot. Poverty in different countries is very different than what you think of as poverty here. To be honest, if you can’t sympathize with someone in imminent danger from gangs or having a sick child when you’re impoverished, we never will see eye to eye on much of anything.

No, it’s not just you. There’s never been a time when people with this mindset didn’t exist, ever. It’s our job to continue defeating that backwards mindset. Conservatives are literally trying to take this country backwards.

We can't fix the world. We may want to and we may try, but we simply can't.

That is what some of you need to at least look at and ask yourself what you are missing when half the country simple doesn’t care. You can think what you want about them, but at the very least you need to try to understand their motivation.

What's the ultimate goal here? Simply to acknowledge that some people in this country have different priorities than I do? Different opinions? A different outlook on life? Why do I need to ask myself what I'm missing?

I don't represent them. They're free to do life however they choose. I'm not basing my vote on their opinions, so why is it so important for me to find out what I'm missing? Understanding that all voters/communities/states are different seems to be all the information I need. I'm still going to vote the way I was always going to vote and their motivations simply aren't part of that equation. I have my own motivations and options and whatnot and I'll use those to figure out how to vote.

If you're suggesting that I don't understand why someone working two jobs and supporting 4 kids is concerned about the cost of gas and food, that's just absurd. Motivation understood and it still didn't rock my world.

If you're suggesting that I don't understand why someone working two jobs and supporting 4 kids is concerned about the cost of gas and food, that's just absurd. Motivation understood and it still didn't rock my world.

Not so much that they are concerned about the cost of gas and food, but why those concerns override other issues.

I can't count how many posts have been on here about "How can you vote for a convicted felon?". The why is what needs to be understood even if you don't personally agree with it.

See how he’s distracted you all from the fundamental thing he refuses to admit, which is that Hunter Biden being convicted shows that the alleged bias in the justice system against his orange hero is no real?

See how he’s distracted you all from the fundamental thing he refuses to admit, which is that Hunter Biden being convicted shows that the alleged bias in the justice system against his orange hero is no real?

Or I can think it is a setup in an attempt to show they are not biased knowing that there is an escape hatch at the end.

Not so much that they are concerned about the cost of gas and food, but why those concerns override other issues.

I can't count how many posts have been on here about "How can you vote for a convicted felon?". The why is what needs to be understood even if you don't personally agree with it.

No, it doesn't need to be understood. It's sounding a little too cultish. "Come in, have a seat and relax. Listen to the stories others came to share tonight. Draw your own conclusions."

As I've said, I have my own opinions and motivations that will influence my vote. I get that others have their own opinions that probably disagree with mine, but I'm still going to vote for the person I feel is best for the job. I'm not falling for that "if you'll just hear what they have to say with an open mind..." bs.

Back