Hunter Biden Plea Deal

You can feel the pain & love through your screen.
If you can't, then you have no heart.

Biden_Hunter Hug.jpg

You can feel the pain & love through your screen.
If you can't, then you have no heart.

View attachment 29891
It doesn't get more presidential, or moving, than this.

"As I said last week, I am the president, but I am also a dad," the president said in his statement. "Jill and I love our son, and we are so proud of the man he is today. So many families who have had loved ones battle addiction understand the feeling of pride seeing someone you love come out the other side and be so strong and resilient in recovery. As I also said last week, I will accept the outcome of this case and will continue to respect the judicial process as Hunter considers an appeal. Jill and I will always be there for Hunter and the rest of our family with our love and support. Nothing will ever change that."

It now costs me $130 to fill up my truck. And that’s down from north of $150.

Sorry, that is on you. It cost me about $25 to fill my car, for a little over 300 miles. Just stop fucking complaining that you bought into the I need the biggest-ass baddest truck I can get.

We really need better public transportation networks, so that people can get the hell out of their cars and still be able to go where they need to go. Granted, Joe the President is unlikely to move us in that direction, but the gibbering ShitGibbon is sure as hell going to move us hard in the opposite direction.

Well, you and millions of others are wrong, nothing new there. Millions have been wrong before, and the millions who are correct just have to plow forward. You’re technically correct in that Trump wouldn’t be facing what he is now had he not been president; he’d be facing more. A lot more, nobody would get away with what he’s gotten with, which you never seem to acknowledge even when evidence is provided of others being hit with harder sentences for less-egregious actions. You just continue to parrot the same Trump narrative with slightly softer wording.

Sorry, but people aren’t allowed to continually cheat on their taxes and falsify their business records carte blanche no matter how many times Trump’s allies tell you to believe that. His charity was a fraud, his university was a fraud, his business is a fraud, he’s a fraud. Nobody can make you think or believe otherwise, but you’re simply wrong, unless this is special pleading that Trump should just be treated as a special unique person with his own legal system.

If you literally don’t care who you vote for as long as your grocery and gas bills go down, then fine. That’s your option, I’m just curious what would make someone say “this is more important than my grocery bill”. Trump hasn’t crossed that threshold for you, and based on how things have been going the last nine years, I don’t believe anything will.
The odd part is that Trump has literally one of the worst economic records of any living president, much worse than Biden. Even accounting for Covid, which to be fair would've hurt anyone, his record was pretty bad - especially on some of the things conservatives claim very loudly to care about like debt. And we're still in a hangover from some of them. And frankly one should include Covid since he was uniquely unsuited for that crisis (or any crisis really) and anything good policies that did happen he was effectively maneuvered into and now half or fully disowns or his fervent base hates with a passion.

Last edited:
No, it doesn't need to be understood. It's sounding a little too cultish. "Come in, have a seat and relax. Listen to the stories others came to share tonight. Draw your own conclusions."

As I've said, I have my own opinions and motivations that will influence my vote. I get that others have their own opinions that probably disagree with mine, but I'm still going to vote for the person I feel is best for the job. I'm not falling for that "if you'll just hear what they have to say with an open mind..." bs.

Understanding it is not meant to change your mind.

But almost everyone on this board can't fathom the idea of voting for a convicted felon. But it does help to understand why people are choosing who they chose and to not hate them for it.

Sorry, that is on you. It cost me about $25 to fill my car, for a little over 300 miles. Just stop fucking complaining that you bought into the I need the biggest-ass baddest truck I can get.

Yes, I drive a mega-truck with a black intimidation grill. It has a 6.7L oil burner and gets 18 mpg in daily use (which is actually pretty good for an 8000# truck).

But at the time I bought it (and its predecessors), I needed it for work. I hauled trailers than weighed up to 14,000lbs with loaders and materials on them. Only way to do that safely is with a big ass truck. So it was not a grocery getter. And while it is a nicely appointed truck, it rides like a wagon on anything but freshly laid pavement. So I didn't buy it because it had a nice ride.

And I was looking at getting a new Toyota Tundra with a turbo V6. But as I was looking, Toyota had a rare screw up and is probably going to have to replace 100K engines in at least their 22-23 Tundras and the 24's have too many tech bulletins for me to be comfortable purchasing one at this point.

^ This is the latest distributed Republican talking point going around. Congratulations, individualism is overrated anyway.

Nope. Congressional Record, September 20, 2023. AG Garland refused to answer questions based on 2 IRS agent's testimony that the IRS slow-walked a couple of Hunter's tax felonies to the point the Statute of Limitations passed. He could have cleared that right up and said "No", but he didn't.

The odd part is that Trump has literally one of the worst economic records of any living president, much worse than Biden. Even accounting for Covid, which to be fair would've hurt anyone, his record was pretty bad - especially on some of the things conservatives claim very loudly to care about like debt. And we're still in a hangover from some of them. And frankly one should include Covid since he was uniquely unsuited for that crisis (or any crisis really) and anything good policies that did happen he was effectively maneuvered into and now half or fully disowns or his fervent base hates with a passion.

I agree 100% about the debt and both parties own it.

That is the freight train that is going to get us all. Buy gold!

But it does help to understand why people are choosing who they chose and to not hate them for it.

I don't hate anyone for their vote. There are perhaps people out there who have fallen on hard times for whatever reason. They might think one candidate will be able to solve their problems. I either disagree that the candidate can solve their problems, or think having a few things fixed isn't worth the added baggage of everything else going to hell. I certainly don't hate them. More than anything, I feel bad for them being fooled. Or I'm the fool. 🤷‍♂️ Either way I've already chosen my path and will see it through. If someone else takes a different path, so be it. That's why we vote on things. It's a pretty good system when everyone plays fair and is adult enough to accept the results.

For what it's worth, 1/2 my family thinks I'm the fool and plans to vote for the other guy. I certainly don't hate them for it.

I simply don't care about the charges. I don't believe any other citizen would be facing what Trump is facing. And neither do millions of others.

So do I. I care that people can live their lives in safety without worrying about crime. I care that people can afford to feed their families. That taxpayer dollars are spent on citizens and not anyone who wants to just walk across the border. That we don't get into endless wars overseas (both parties own this).

I do remember. Reagan and Tip would meet at the WH and hammer out a deal. But that was before each side had to be "right". Do you not find it at least interesting that many of Trump's proposals in 2016 were previously supported by Democrats? What changed? Nothing as far as I can tell except for the need to be "Right" and not give an inch to the other side.

Go take a look at how many border crossing encounters we have had since Biden took over vs Trump. The facts are the facts.

As for crime statistics, we all know they can be manipulated, but what can't be is the number of retailers pulling out of areas because of crime. They may say the stores are unprofitable, but what made them unprofitable all of a sudden? Maybe theft and fewer customers. So while no one will really care a downtown mega department store closes (well maybe the landlord and tax department), when those closings involve local grocery or drug stores, that affects those communities. While I can drive a town to shop if I have to, many people can't.
Just for the sake of argument, let's assume your claims about crime, border crossings, and the cost of living are accurate. But weigh those concerns against just four issues on which Trump and Biden differ.
  1. Climate change: Do you believe the nation (and the world) will fare better under Trump than Biden, when Trump has promised to roll back regulations designed to reduce carbon emissions. and otherwise undo progress during the first Biden term. Say all you want about this not being on the radar screen of average Americans, but you'd have to be blind to not notice the changes we're all seeing, even without catastrophic sea level rise. Think the cost of living is high now?

2. Healthcare: Women in states with highly restrictive abortion bans are already suffering and are at risk of dying. What will happen when abortion, or even mifepristone, is outlawed in every state? How prepared will we be for the next deadly pandemic with an administration and Congress that mocks science? Do you want idiots like MTG calling the shots (pun intended)?
  3. Fitness to serve as the Commander-in-Chief: Listen to some of Trump's speeches, especially the recent one where his teleprompter failed. If that's not enough to warrant medical evaluation, especially for someone who will have to decide whether to send our armed forces into harm's way or, heaven forbid, make the call on using nuclear weapons, I don't know what is. I challenge you to find situations where Biden comes close.

4. Embracing fascism: My God, this is what many of our recent ancestors fought against in World War II.
I could keep going, but you get the idea. Or maybe you don't.

Or I can think it is a setup in an attempt to show they are not biased knowing that there is an escape hatch at the end.

^ This is the latest distributed Republican talking point going around. Congratulations, individualism is overrated anyway.

Making the rounds. Yes, you got the memo from your right wing talking heads. You are allowed to formulate your own opinion you know, it's actually quite liberating.
7mscp8xxpy5d1.jpeg

I'm again banned there, until July 1. Apparently for being a shit disturber. Seems a lot of people there have a casual relationship with the truth.
I stopped going there entirely a long time ago, just not worth walking on eggshells for a bunch of huns.

Still, he is not tshrimp, I would not like to have that festering pustule show up here.
He may have tried it here, it's been a while but many did pop in and leave but yeah he was batshit crazy.

i don’t know that one. maybe after my time there?
He was a staple for a long time but you probably had the good sense to block him right off, he was a huge troll over there.

He was a staple for a long time but you probably had the good sense to block him right off, he was a huge troll over there.
i may have just forgotten him. They all sort of blend together for me.

I simply don't care about the charges. I don't believe any other citizen would be facing what Trump is facing. And neither do millions of others.

WT actual F! — This is the wrong thread, but I just cannot take this crap anymore…
Any other citizen would have been in prison a long time ago!
Going against the gag order 10 times and all he gets is a small fine? This isn‘t injustice, this is Trump being pampered.

Hunter Biden is a felon now, but that has nothing to do with Biden. As someone once said you cannot pick your family members.

Trump on the other hand not only is a felon, but he claimed that he knows „all the best people“. But if all the best people either should be in prison (he pardoned Stone and Bannon, and the latter will be in prison again shortly), might end up in prison soon, or are disbarred because of illegal conduct, or they suddenly have always been bad, incompetent people (then why did he hire and praise them before?), because they refuse to lie for him.
Long story short: If your guy is a convicted criminal, who surrounds himself with criminals, and only cares about loyalty to him, then he is a mob boss!

BTW, Michael Cohen went to prison for the same thing (including lying for Trump), and he was prosecuted by the Trump DoJ! If there is real justice, then Trump should get at least the same sentence.

I guess the only reason the founding fathers didn‘t exclude criminals from becoming president was, because they didn‘t think that anyone would be stupid enough to elect one!
In most states a felon is not allowed to vote, but it is perfectly legal to elect him as president? WTF!

Those millions you mention are delusional members of a cult (some of which think that Trump is currently president) that will turn the USA into a fascist state or a dictatorship!
I‘m from Germany, I know how that works!
You celebrate your veterans that helped free Europe from the Nazis (and I‘m grateful to them), but apparently millions of US citizens have forgotten what that actually meant.
The constitution of the Weimarer Republik was officially in effect until the end of WWII. All it took was the Ermächtigungsgesetz to turn it into a shit show that caused world-wide mayhem. And Trump want‘s to be dictator for just one day. See a parallel here? BTW, he also said that his US Generals should be more like the German Generals during WWII…

If you think that Trump will save America, then check yourself into the nearest psych ward, because he definitely is only interested in saving himself.

I‘m pretty sure your reply will skip over the important parts, as usual…

Last edited:
WT actual F! — This is the wrong thread, but I just cannot take this crap anymore…
Any other citizen would have been in prison a long time ago!
Going against the gag order 10 times and all he gets is a small fine? This isn‘t injustice, this is Trump being pampered.

Hunter Biden is a felon now, but that has nothing to do with Biden.

If you think that Trump will save America, then check yourself into the nearest psych ward, because he definitely is only interested in saving himself.

I‘m pretty sure your reply will skip over the important parts, as usual…
I could not possibly agree more. He will never see. Which is why I rarely come here anymore. As others before me who never return.

I could not possibly agree more. He will never see. Which is why I rarely come here anymore. As others before me who never return.
You come here rarely just because of him? He’s only one troll.

The Daily Show observed that it’s refreshing to see gun laws being enforced for once 🤣. You’d think the right would be conflicted by that but consistent logic is not a priority.

Back