Huskies anyone?

ericwn

Site Champ
Reaction score
Does anyone have experience with huskies? Our neighbours are foster parents for a nine month old one that my wife has taken great interest in.

We rent a huge property and are working from home pretty much exclusively. We were thinking of spending time with him daily for walks and then seeing how we can slowly introduce him to our kids and old cats.

My first impressions were that the dog was pretty shy and a bit all over the place and not listening to his name or any commands yet.

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
All I know is that they are beautiful creatures.

Agree 1000%, they're beautiful animals. I've always "heard", that they aren't as happy in places where it gets very hot, but that's sort of most places unless you live in the arctic :D

ericwn

Site Champ
Reaction score
Our Canadian winters here can get quite cold so I think he’d be happy in that respect.

Since the dog lives next door for now we’ll go and help walk him for the next few weeks to see if me and the kids can become his friends.

I do expect an energy bundle like this guy to need a lot of time and routine to come around, but we’ll see. Wish us luck! :)

JamesMike

Power User
Reaction score
Does anyone have experience with huskies? Our neighbours are foster parents for a nine month old one that my wife has taken great interest in.

We rent a huge property and are working from home pretty much exclusively. We were thinking of spending time with him daily for walks and then seeing how we can slowly introduce him to our kids and old cats.

My first impressions were that the dog was pretty shy and a bit all over the place and not listening to his name or any commands yet.
They can be very stubborn, and require firm training. Remember they were bred to be a sled dog and having them pull a heavy load is good for them and you, lol!

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
My nephew has a couple huskies and my village store's late owner used to have three or four of them.

They're great dogs but they need a firm hand at first and some obedience training, because otherwise they all seem to figure they're up for pack leader --or at least a fair amount of mischief and mayhem, especially if more than one-- and so one must disappoint them to impart the sad news that that slot is taken already.

Here are the nephew's huskies at left. the other two belong to one of his daughters and to her BF. I have to say that that small one that belongs to the boyfriend must be all heart. I'd be under a bed if I were that little dog. But they were all on best behavior, and no doubt some treats were involved there...

The day of dog treats is at hand.jpg

Top Bottom
1 2