Jan 6 Committee Public Hearings

Citysnaps

Elite Member
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Here's a fascinating 60 Minutes interview that aired tonight of Denver Riggleman, who has been working with the Jan6th Committee as a technical advisor analyzing all of the phone calls and messages between White House personnel and the Jan6th insurrectionists, and others including Ginny Thomas. His credentials include being a past intelligence officer for both the US Air Force and the NSA, and was a past Republican US House member.

He's sifted though and analyzed a ton of data yielding connections no doubt very useful information for the Committee. I'm looking forward to learning more about those connections in an upcoming hearing.

mac_in_tosh

Site Champ
Reaction score
He's sifted though and analyzed a ton of data yielding connections no doubt very useful information for the Committee. I'm looking forward to learning more about those connections in an upcoming hearing.
I think most people outside of the cult know what Trump is and what crimes he has committed. These investigations seem to go on forever. And now DeSantis is being investigated for human trafficking, which he openly admits he did without calling it by that name. The question is if and when these creeps will actually pay for their crimes. As of now, Trump is still playing golf every day and going from one rally to another to spew even more lies. And Bannon is out there pushing even more vile conspiracy theories. Let's go DOJ.

rdrr

Elite Member
Reaction score
Here's a fascinating 60 Minutes interview that aired tonight of Denver Riggleman, who has been working with the Jan6th Committee as a technical advisor analyzing all of the phone calls and messages between White House personnel and the Jan6th insurrectionists, and others including Ginny Thomas. His credentials include being a past intelligence officer for both the US Air Force and the NSA, and was a past Republican US House member.

Sounds like an 80's slasher film. "The phone call is coming from inside the White House!"

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
I think most people outside of the cult know what Trump is and what crimes he has committed. These investigations seem to go on forever. And now DeSantis is being investigated for human trafficking, which he openly admits he did without calling it by that name. The question is if and when these creeps will actually pay for their crimes. As of now, Trump is still playing golf every day and going from one rally to another to spew even more lies. And Bannon is out there pushing even more vile conspiracy theories. Let's go DOJ.

Sigh... even if a lot of conservatives at this point are sick of Trump's antics, then so long as those same conservatives decline to sit out the midterms, the GOP pays no price for not publicly disavowing Trump.

The guy is a uniquely bad influence on American politics. His endorsed candidates are more of the same. I'm willing to say he's a fascist. He was angling to become president for life, to give us the choice of crowning him or living in turmoil and chaos like we have seen in some Middle Eastern, Central Asian and African countries with weak ties to democratic principles, and post-election strife.

The anti-Trump conservatives are highly unlikely to vote for Democrats in the midterms. But I don't see much evidence that they plan even just to sit out the 2022 elections. So they could end up running the hold-nose-and-vote-for-party gig, thus emboldening anew the Trump GOP.

It sickens me to there could be even more mini-Trumps who will be helping the House shape this country's laws as of January 2023.

Citysnaps

Elite Member
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Message.jpg

rdrr

Elite Member
Reaction score
Honestly, I got to admit that I think the MAGAs/insurrectionist are winning. I am so numb to all of this, that I don't want to watch. Nothing is going to happened to Trump, not even if they have dated pictures of him doing the most offensive act. Sorry for being the ultimate pessimist, but I am tired of the lack of accountability from one side of the isle.

Citysnaps

Elite Member
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
I have a feeling there will be a couple of interesting revelations today.

And am looking forward to some Garland announcements later this year.

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
I am so numb to all of this

I rather fear the entire country has become numb to far too many things. The human brain does not tolerate a perpetual state of high alarm, never mind jaw-dropping shock. It's too much work.

"Familiarity breeds contempt" seems to be the brain's weary response to events like one more lie from a guy who told 30k documented lies while president. That guy ushered in an era of overt attempts to divorce reality from purposeful lies about reality.

Whose brain could possibly give a damn after awhile whether a particular assertion is a lie or not? The onslaught of lies has numbed us all, even if we desperately want to remain curious or skeptical or just decent human beings with a sense of empathy for others and the ability to be shocked by harm and injustice.

We are lucky by now if we can even remember the name of the state in which a cited school shooting occurred. And, alarmingly enough for those who are not entirely numb, one out of five Americans actually now thinks that most school shootings were staged by the government (for what purpose, who knows, but Alex Jones' purpose in spreading his vile lies and conspiracy theories was to make a lot of money). Even the defamation suits now rolling Jones into financial ruin cannot make up for the ravages his falsehoods have brought upon our society.

Fifty or more years ago a newsweekly magazine proposed this idea: "Lying: everyone does it". Outrage ensued. Now nothing outrages us for long, and if it does, one must not be following enough social media accounts to have a wide angle view on the options for outrage about something newer.

So we extend numbness by default after awhile to not just lies but to other seemingly repetitive events, and there's hardly anything gets excluded. We've all seen it all, or at least have suspected that we're one clickable link away from that status. There are a lot of links I will never click on, so I'm not completely numb.

All that said, there's no way short of a power or internet outage that i won't be watching the 1/6 hearing today. People testify under oath, few dare perjure themselves when they are not sure who else can refute their testimony (or has already done so in a deposition), and Americans have paid attention during those well presented hearings.

That completely infuriates the pro-Trump Republicans who run the GOP today, and that rage will likely fuel some of the most outrageous Republican hearings in the next Congress that the USA has seen since the McCarthy hearings in the 50s. It probably won't take long for me to become too numb to watch those. My brain will relate them to the previous circus offerings of the GOP during the two Trump impeachments and I will become unable to absorb the latest round of pro-Trump Republican projections and lies that are put on offer.

rdrr

Elite Member
Reaction score
I rather fear the entire country has become numb to far too many things. The human brain does not tolerate a perpetual state of high alarm, never mind jaw-dropping shock. It's too much work.

"Familiarity breeds contempt" seems to be the brain's weary response to events like one more lie from a guy who told 30k documented lies while president. That guy ushered in an era of overt attempts to divorce reality from purposeful lies about reality.

Whose brain could possibly give a damn after awhile whether a particular assertion is a lie or not? The onslaught of lies has numbed us all, even if we desperately want to remain curious or skeptical or just decent human beings with a sense of empathy for others and the ability to be shocked by harm and injustice.

We are lucky by now if we can even remember the name of the state in which a cited school shooting occurred. And, alarmingly enough for those who are not entirely numb, one out of five Americans actually now thinks that most school shootings were staged by the government (for what purpose, who knows, but Alex Jones' purpose in spreading his vile lies and conspiracy theories was to make a lot of money). Even the defamation suits now rolling Jones into financial ruin cannot make up for the ravages his falsehoods have brought upon our society.

Fifty or more years ago a newsweekly magazine proposed this idea: "Lying: everyone does it". Outrage ensued. Now nothing outrages us for long, and if it does, one must not be following enough social media accounts to have a wide angle view on the options for outrage about something newer.

So we extend numbness by default after awhile to not just lies but to other seemingly repetitive events, and there's hardly anything gets excluded. We've all seen it all, or at least have suspected that we're one clickable link away from that status. There are a lot of links I will never click on, so I'm not completely numb.

All that said, there's no way short of a power or internet outage that i won't be watching the 1/6 hearing today. People testify under oath, few dare perjure themselves when they are not sure who else can refute their testimony (or has already done so in a deposition), and Americans have paid attention during those well presented hearings.

That completely infuriates the pro-Trump Republicans who run the GOP today, and that rage will likely fuel some of the most outrageous Republican hearings in the next Congress that the USA has seen since the McCarthy hearings in the 50s. It probably won't take long for me to become too numb to watch those. My brain will relate them to the previous circus offerings of the GOP during the two Trump impeachments and I will become unable to absorb the latest round of pro-Trump Republican projections and lies that are put on offer.
Remember the days when certain actions had consequences? Heck the Right still hold Democrats to this standard and demand their pound of flesh, with little heed to their own house, e.g. Al Franken shunning vs. Matt Gaetz

I remember the days not too long ago that an affair would ruin a candidates hope for president. Remember Gary Hart and John Edwards and what happened to them? Now look at the GOP candidate running in Georgia.

/rant

Sorry about the negativity, things are just getting to me lately AND I put on jeans this morning and come to the realization that I need to go up in my waste-line. 🙁

Top Bottom
1 2