Jan 6 Committee Public Hearings

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
I presume the only reason we're even discussing him here is because Herdfan watches Fox News a lot, because none (and I mean NONE) of the other networks will give it the time of day. The only place this has any legs is in the conspiratorial right wing fringes.

To find anything in mainstream press about " the Bidens and Ukraine" except for retrospective references, you have to go back at least three years. Prosecutors in Ukraine had just then spent two years looking into allegations of corruption at Burisma, and found no reason --none-- to charge the younger Biden or point fingers at the father either. And they said so, repeatedly, to multiple newspapers of record around the world.

I'm actually surprised the Rs still even want to harp on "corruption" and "Ukraine" considering the subject matter of Trump's first impeachment.

But then look at us right here, we're in a thread about the 1/6 insurrection and having to hammer away at the facts about "the Bidens and Ukraine"... bottom line the Republicans right now will risk almost any kind of argumentative backlash if they can just distract attention from the ongoing debacle of their ever having underwritten the aspirations of Donald John Trump to overthrow his own sitting government to illegally extend his presidency.

Renzatic

Egg Nog King of the Eastern Seaboard
Reaction score
I presume the only reason we're even discussing him here is because Herdfan watches Fox News a lot, because none (and I mean NONE) of the other networks will give it the time of day. The only place this has any legs is in the conspiratorial right wing fringes.

To be fair, there is a story there. It's just not anywhere near as scandalous as the Trump faithful so fervently wishes it it to be.

mac_in_tosh

Site Champ
Reaction score
To be fair, there is a story there. It's just not anywhere near as scandalous as the Trump faithful so fervently wishes it it to be.
It's hard to put much faith into the seriousness of the Hunter alleged scandal based on the GOP's history e.g. the multiple Benghazi hearings. It's just a desperate attempt to distract and total hypocrisy as they to a large extent still support the orange traitor, even going to the extent of bashing the FBI for retrieving stolen highly classified documents from Crime-A-Lago after they had praised the FBI for investigating Hillary's emails. And that sleeze Ted Cruz accusing the FBI of being political. So just because there's a Democratic president any action against a Republican is political, even when that Republican has stolen and hid classified documents?

Citysnaps

Elite Member
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
In case anyone else is interested:

Screen Shot 2022-10-16 at 3.14.23 PM.png

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
Trump stole more money here than Hunter Biden got.

https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1582043371178455042/

Probably not a comparison you want to make:

But we cannot expect any consequences for Trump and his family. Instead there will be the whataboutism from the Right, "What about Hunter Biden?"

Since you asked:

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score

Since you asked:

I think the following sums it up nicely, even though it has nothing to do with the discussion at hand.
Reportedly, the Secret Service paid Trump in just three months what it had paid Biden in more than six years. In 2017, the Secret Service rented a three-bedroom cottage at Trump’s New Jersey golf course for three whole months, paying $17,000 a month. That is, taxpayers paid as much for one summer of the Trump cottage as they did for two years of the Biden cottage.

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
The whole thing is problematic. You can't just pitch a tent in the backyard and tell the guys to pee in the corner of the fencing over there. I mean you like to think the guys protecting you are not carrying a grudge about how they are treated. On the other hand the protectees are likely to stay in pretty nice digs so in an era of exorbitant rent and real estate values, what to do?

fooferdoggie

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score

excpet thats what the secred service chose they did not chage them rent like trump did so the money did no go into their pockets like it did trump. remember the guy who served for free???

Pumbaa

Verified Warthog
Reaction score

Did you post the wrong link?

ronntaylor

Elite Member
Reaction score
You should have been looking into the mirror when you posted the above. From your posted link:

...That is, taxpayers paid as much for one summer of the Trump cottage as they did for two years of the Biden cottage.

These numbers dwarf the Biden numbers, which makes them more ethically troubling. They are also more troubling because they are more unnecessary. Biden was getting protection at his home. Trump is getting protection at his very expensive clubs. His decision to stay in these places drives up the price to the taxpayer of Trump’s protection, and it ensures that rents are flowing to Trump.

And as I stated earlier, Mango stayed at his properties every damn opportunity possible. The cost for him and his family is more than several predecessors combined.

Top Bottom
1 2