Reaction score
He's just taking after Eric Holder.

And I have said this before, but now CNN is saying it:

Bad equivalence argument.

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
If people have more things to worry about than Trump inciting an insurrection against the US and don’t care to hold him accountable then they won’t care about Hunter for the same reason.

But if Hunter is guilty, he should go to jail. Trump should be in jail for January 6th.

But it’s laughable you think enriching one self is far worse and deserving of investigations by a GOP controlled House, but dismiss the January 6 panel as no big deal, inflation is more important.
Consider the source. :)

mac_in_tosh

Site Champ
Reaction score
One thing noteworthy in the hearings was the video showing Mitch McConnell huddled with Pelosi and Schumer making phone calls to get help. Remember how shortly after the riot he said Trump was "practically and morally responsible" for the attack on the Capitol? Then some time after that he said he would still vote for Trump. What a piece of work that guy is. "Law and order," "family values" and "strict Constitutionalism" were just empty phrases, all of which Trump singlehandedly violated.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
How is Joe profiting off of what Hunter does?

10% for the "Big Guy".

Look, I know no one here wants to even think about Biden profiting off Hunter. But Joe has denied time and time again that he never had anything to do with Hunter's business. Then a picture shows up or a visitor's log has names on it or an email will come to light. So something was going on.

I think it will get ugly once the GOP has a chance to put some people under oath and ask questions.

I think some of you might be surprised.

shadow puppet

Certifiable
Reaction score
Look, I know no one here wants to even think about Biden profiting off Hunter. But Joe has denied time and time again that he never had anything to do with Hunter's business. Then a picture shows up or a visitor's log has names on it or an email will come to light. So something was going on.

I think it will get ugly once the GOP has a chance to put some people under oath and ask questions.

If Hunter Biden is guilty, he should suffer the consequences.

But no way in hell are you ever going to convince me that Joe Biden is anywhere near the evil spawn that Donald Trump is. No way.

Citysnaps

Elite Member
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
10% for the "Big Guy".

"I think it will get ugly once the GOP has a chance to put some people under oath and ask questions."

Before that could happen there would need to be some serious allegations backed by irrefutable evidence.

As of yet, I'm only hearing stuff that amounts to well, Hunter did "something" illegal and therefore Joe is complicit with respect to whatever that "something" was. With zero evidence to back whatever it was up, and how it connects to Joe doing something illegal.

Pretty weak sauce.

If some kind of irrefutable evidence does come forward, linking Joe to some kind of criminal behavior in connection with Hunter's business dealings, I have no problem with that being investigated by the DOJ, followed by charges if it meets the elements of some kind of crime being committed.

Dollars to donuts, I suspect there will be nothing there. As it is now, it's just a bunch of lazy innuendo backed by zero evidence.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
If Hunter Biden is guilty, he should suffer the consequences.

But no way in hell are you ever going to convince me that Joe Biden is anywhere near the evil spawn that Donald Trump is. No way.

Won't try to. They are complete and separate issues.

Except I think there is a parallel here. People were willing to overlook things Biden might have done to as a means to get rid of Trump just like Trump was the means to keep Hillary out. Maybe we need to start picking better politicians on both sides. Give people someone to vote FOR instead of AGAINST.

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
You want to see something move people's minds off enigmatic rumors of what's on Hunter Biden's laptop, then check out the foundering hole in the ground seeking money that is Trump's Truth Social, umbrella parent of which is (or has been) due (or overdue) to be welded at the hip to a Florida SPAC.

The piece ran in the Washington Post; the paywall has been removed.

Co-founder of Trump’s media company details Truth Social’s bitter infighting

Currently the merger of Trump's media umbrella outfit (TMTG, or Trump Media) with the SPAC financing it is in limbo regarding two separate investigations, one by SDNY and another by the SEC. The SPAC owner declined even to say where one substantial investment came from. Wire transfer was turned up from offshore (Dominica) and yeah it was in cryptocurrency.

Donald Trump owns 90% of the umbrella company and was pressing an employee to sign over the bulk of his own minority stake to.... surprise: Melania. The guy said no because of taxation issues, and later got fired. Devin Nunes makes $750k as CEO of TMTG. Trump boys Eric and Don Jr. were originally coming around asking for a piece of the action. Don Jr landed on the board. Trump himself and Don Jr. came off that board of directors about a week before the SDNY and SEC subpoenas were issued last June. So Trump holds a 90% stake without a seat on the board, but hey. How's that for a no-show job. If the merger goes through it's been said that the fully capitalized company will be worth around $1.3 billion...

But, even the action on Truth Social has been unhelpful to investors, supposed to have 50 million users by 2024, so far just 4 million. The SPAC that eventually targeted the Trump Media umbrella for acquisition was trading at 175, now sits at 18. A hundred million dollars in a separate SPAC investment called a PIPE sits in limbo awaiting completion of the merger, with the unidentified investors unhappy over the delay and uncertainty of legal outcomes.

Meanwhile Trump has occasionally talked about rejoining Twitter after Musk completes his buy. This of course would essentially make the Truth Social platform worthless but it's not entirely clear Musk would go for it despite his alleged advocacy of "free speech." So far there has not been known advance of the Trump Media group's earlier proposed "one app like" extension of Truth Social from a social media platform to include components like shopping, banking...

The SPAC legal issues are indeed unbelievably convoluted, not least because two SPACs owned by the same private banker were serially involved with the targeted Trump-related company in a manner and with timing that may have been illegal. Well maybe it's not incredibly convoluted, for a SPACs owner foolish enough to want to merge with a Trump business. Maybe the guy figured on some loose oversight of money flows. What he didn't figure on, apparently, was somebody going to the SEC as a whistleblower about any of it.

Hard to decide if the stench is more about straight up incompetence or just corruption.

Edd

It’s all in the reflexes
Site Donor
Reaction score

Except I think there is a parallel here. People were willing to overlook things Biden might have done to as a means to get rid of Trump just like Trump was the means to keep Hillary out. Maybe we need to start picking better politicians on both sides. Give people someone to vote FOR instead of AGAINST.
There’s more of a false equivalence posed by you than a parallel.

shadow puppet

Certifiable
Reaction score
Thank you. Because yes, they are vastly different issues and people.
I agree we definitely need other choices on both sides. But as far as comparing Biden to the level of Trump and his narcissistic joy of rendering asunder our country and democracy - there is and never will be, any comparison.

Last edited:

Renzatic

Egg Nog King of the Eastern Seaboard
Reaction score

I don't think anyone's willing to overlook anything the Biden's may have done. It's just that allegations of tax evasion and lying on a gun permit pale in comparison to what we've seen Trump pull.

The only reason why Hunter Biden is such a big topic of conversation among the Republicans is because he's a distraction from the considerably worse bullshit they're willfully ignoring.

Citysnaps

Elite Member
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
The only reason why Hunter Biden is such a big topic of conversation among the Republicans is because he's a distraction from the considerably worse bullshit they're willfully ignoring.

Perfectly summed up.

I bookend trump's reign starting with spastically mocking/imitating a respected NYT journalist disabled with a cerebral palsy-like disease during a 2016 primary campaign speech, and ending with fomenting an insurrection and attempted coup by "his people" who trashed the United States Capitol. And failing to act timely to step up and stop it.

So... what exactly has Joe Biden done other than act presidential (rather than a whiney aggrieved child) while leading the country? What are his alleged crimes and where is the evidence?

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
I don't think anyone's willing to overlook anything the Biden's may have done. It's just that allegations of tax evasion and lying on a gun permit pale in comparison to what we've seen Trump pull.

I presume the only reason we're even discussing him here is because Herdfan watches Fox News a lot, because none (and I mean NONE) of the other networks will give it the time of day. The only place this has any legs is in the conspiratorial right wing fringes.

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score

You are failing at sounding reasonable, your agenda is transparent. With your continued equivalence arguments, you are being way too fair, dismissing, and pushing a defacto defense argument (they/we are all alike), to defend the worst person in modern US history, a GIANT Corrupt Oozing , Mentally Ill POS.

The negative attention Trump has gotten is not a political vendetta, it was earned, just like bank robbers have the police after them, for robbing the bank. I suppose you’d have equivalence arguments ready for them too or is it just your corrupt Right Wing Ass Hat politicians you have fond feelings for? He and his MAGA followers are threats to the continued existence of the USA. Might that be you too? :oops:

Your Biden-Trump-Hillary argument is ridiculous equivalence. In that triangle there is just one giant Shit Bag Who outshines the others in all aspects There is a huge difference in supporting a mediocre politician to remove a real no-shit villain, versus supporting the villain to prop up your bankrupt, corrupt political party, who desires to tear down the country, make corruption the norm, eradicating civil/human/individual rights that interferes with the perceived GOP’s ability to hold offive.

As far as overlooking what President Biden has done, what? Produce something other than the usual Right Wing Fairy Tales and I’m not talking about Hunter. If he has broken the law then I want him to get his day in court. But by the metric, you should be screaming 10x fold for Trump to be prosecuted, but instead what we see in this forum are continued equivalence arguments from you.

Top Bottom
1 2