Street-116.jpg

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Whoa! That's amazing! Awesome photo.
Thanks! Getting more used to the drone, this building is over 1100 feet high and as long as you're within 400 feet of it, you can fly 400 feet over it... so a total of 1500 feet in downtown SF, all nice and legal which seems crazy but I took advantage of it lol.

Spike

Writer, photographer
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
Fujifilm
Thanks! Getting more used to the drone, this building is over 1100 feet high and as long as you're within 400 feet of it, you can fly 400 feet over it... so a total of 1500 feet in downtown SF, all nice and legal which seems crazy but I took advantage of it lol.
It is a great shot. Couldn't do that here. Here it's 170 feet roughly (law is 50m) unless you have a "specific" license for that flight, which is a pain to get, and even with that license, you only get to 400 feet, more or less. And cameras require special licensing, in part because of GDPR.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
It is a great shot. Couldn't do that here. Here it's 170 feet roughly (law is 50m) unless you have a "specific" license for that flight, which is a pain to get, and even with that license, you only get to 400 feet, more or less. And cameras require special licensing, in part because of GDPR.
Wow, is it like that everywhere or only in certain areas? I looked at it pretty closely before spending the high price tag for this drone, there are still limitations but nothing that stringent.

Spike

Writer, photographer
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
Fujifilm
Wow, is it like that everywhere or only in certain areas? I looked at it pretty closely before spending the high price tag for this drone, there are still limitations but nothing that stringent.
In Portugal, it is all of Portugal but you are more likely to get the Specific license outside urban areas. The camera licensing is required everywhere. It's not that difficult to get if you are in a rural area though.

I suspect some of this, maybe most of it, comes from EU regulations as Portugal's laws generally follow EU law. The GDPR is a major factor, I stopped doing street photography because of it.

mollyc

seeker of light
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
Fujifilm
Very clean bokeh, well done.
yes, i bought that camera for the lens that came with it because i wanted these bubbles. 🙂 the camera was sold as-is and it does have some light leaks, but I kind of like them. It's just not an everyday camera.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom
1 2