Roe vs. Wade overturned

making a deal with moscow Mitch is doomed to be forgotten by the turtle. but what would it matter in Kentucky whats one more?

If Mitch agrees to any deal he's already 10 steps ahead of you and whatever he gets out of the quid pro quo is 10 times worse than whatever benefit you got out of the deal. He won't cut a deal if that isn't the reality of it.

Alito’s BS that the ruling only applies to abortion and not to other things affected by the 14th amendment has already been proven to be a lie.

So yeah, everybody is saying that Clarence Thomas‘ opinion is an outlier. But I don’t think so. He is just saying it out loud while the other justices want to pretend otherwise.

The Supreme Court opposes your right to privacy and personal autonomy. And we know the nut-jobs in some state legislatures want to take it away, so people in many states are completely screwed now.

We need a blue wave in the midterms. Congress needs to act with laws first, then expand the court to make sure the ideologues currently running the court cannot just strike the laws down.

Alito’s BS that the ruling only applies to abortion and not to other things affected by the 14th amendment has already been proven to be a lie.

So yeah, everybody is saying that Clarence Thomas‘ opinion is an outlier. But I don’t think so. He is just saying it out loud while the other justices want to pretend otherwise.

The Supreme Court opposes your right to privacy and personal autonomy. And we know the nut-jobs in some state legislatures want to take it away, so people in many states are completely screwed now.

We need a blue wave in the midterms. Congress needs to act with laws first, then expand the court to make sure the ideologues currently running the court cannot just strike the laws down.
blue wave? blue tsunami? more like a nationwide general strike first.

We are definitely heading into the Handmaid's Tale territory. This makes me nauseous.

https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1542695353211932675/

https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1542496421160665088/
So much for free speech and freedom of movement.

But the SCOTUS has already shown that some speech is more valuable than others. It wasn’t that long ago when they said the school could prevent a kid from holding a sign that said “Bong Hits 4 Jesus” but now it’s perfectly OK for the coach to lead the team in prayer.

https://www.vox.com/2022/7/1/23180626/roe-dobbs-charts-impact-abortion-women-rights

Some are saying this is about white replacement theory, white women need to outbirth minority women. At least one of those graphs shows those people are in for a rude awakening.

Others say it's about needing more consumers and people who will take shit jobs. They’re probably right about the latter, but a massive population working shit jobs isn’t going to equal a booming economy. Maybe they should gift a pregnant woman a preapproved 100k credit card. That should do it, until the bills all come due and then they can just go back to blaming Mexicans.

Here is what I don't understand. This has been framed as a war on Women, by Men. Yet, polling suggests that men and women view abortion fairly equally. Here is a Vox poll from 2019 showing that women are actually more Pro-Life than men. This poll isn't an outlier. Most polling done over the years has support fairly divided between men and women. So why are women so against thier own rights?

Vox poll.png

Here is what I don't understand. This has been framed as a war on Women, by Men. Yet, polling suggests that men and women view abortion fairly equally. Here is a Vox poll from 2019 showing that women are actually more Pro-Life than men. This poll isn't an outlier. Most polling done over the years has support fairly divided between men and women. So why are women so against thier own rights?

View attachment 15453

Church-induced brain rot? Only joking a little.

Church-induced brain rot? Only joking a little.

You may be right, but possibly not for the reason you think.

I always thought all the GOP needed was to move the needle 3-5 % of Blacks to their side and they would never lose an election. Turns out, they may not need it. Hispanics, many of whom are devout Catholics, are moving toward the GOP. So this isn't some suburban soccer mom who attend Bible study with the Preacher's wife. And the Dems seem to have their heads stuck in the sand about it.

There is a big difference once the REALITY of abortion being legal hits the fan. Sure, if you threw out “pro choice” or “pro life” as generic terms (3 years ago), people might respond differently. Because you could be “pro life” as a woman but you still know in the back of your mind that you COULD get an abortion if you wanted one.

The latest polls?

67% of women oppose the change, and 51% of men oppose it.

Men’s views haven’t changed much. Women’s views changed quite a bit when their rights had just been stolen by an out-of-touch gang of judges.

:(

That pregnancy could very well kill her. But if a doctor performed the abortion, the state might not agree that it was life-threatening. These laws are utter bullshit. If they truly want to make “life of the mother” a thing, then they need to allow for a panel of doctors, or give full authority to the doctor that makes the “life or death” decision. As it stands, nobody knows WHO makes the life or death decision. A District Attorney running for election in an ultra-MAGA district? A jury of all pro-life voters? This extremist Supreme Court? Who knows?

I want to be clear that I don’t think they should have the law, period. But the fact that the law doesn’t create a way to handle the realities of things that can go wrong during a pregnancy? It proves that this is nothing but far-right ideology. It has fuck-all to do with saving lives.

Back