Russia-Ukraine

hulugu

Site Champ
Reaction score
Back to @SuperMatt’s comment about what do you do with all these radicalized neo-nazis after the war after empowering them… in this case things might just work themselves out. I believe the majority of the Azov are in Mariupol which suggests many/most of their members will be dead within a short amount of time.
@hulugu, It’s not clear to me your comment about neo-nazi’s as scared dimwits- I would generally agree that often applies to most Neo-Nazi Americans hiding behind their keyboard while polishing their AR-15, but the Azov Battallion has proven themselves quite formidable holding out Mariupol for weeks despite all odds. That said, they’ve actually had legit combat/tactical training and have been perfecting their art of battle daily since 2014.

I think this war if anything the benefit of morale when inspired by the conviction of defending your homeland makes a monumental difference. With a United country and commitment, even the least trained, poorly equipped armies/militias/etc can be profoundly capable, at least in holding off the offender.

I was referring to the American far-right.

The Azov Battalion's efforts are part of the defense of Mariupol, not the whole of it. Nonetheless they've been very successful at grinding up the Russian advance, which has kept Ukrainian in the fight in the southern part of the country.

And, to be clear, I'm not dismissing the Azov battalion's grotesqueries, but there was a lot of focus on minor part of Ukraine's defenses early to make it seem more complex than it is.

Yoused

up
Reaction score
knee deep in the road apples of the 4 horsemen
Vlad is looking none too good

FQ3yNTsVcAU7qi0

maybe he is not used to sitting so close to another person

Yoused

up
Reaction score
Every country has operatives roaming about. They are sly folk who do sly things for whoever they are working on behalf of. Russia, no doubt, has foreign-employed operatives operating inside their vast borders, possibly even a few they are not aware of. War happens also not in combat zones.

Cmaier

Site Master
Staff Member
Site Donor
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score

Coincidence?
Two coincidences?
Sabotage?
Drone attack?

hmmm….

Yoused

up
Reaction score

hmmm….
One, in Moscow, apparently shot his wife and 18-y/o daughter before shooting himself. The other was found hanged outside his Spanish villa, his wife and 13-y/o daughter stabbed to death inside. It would seem that the prospect of living without immense wealth and power was just too much for them to imagine coping with.

Cmaier

Site Master
Staff Member
Site Donor
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
One, in Moscow, apparently shot his wife and 18-y/o daughter before shooting himself. The other was found hanged outside his Spanish villa, his wife and 13-y/o daughter stabbed to death inside. It would seem that the prospect of living without immense wealth and power was just too much for them to imagine coping with.

That’s certainly one possibility.

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
Also interesting: not everyone in Belarus just lay down for Putin's forces to use the country for the Russian invasion of Ukraine. Saboteurs worked on disrupting railway signal boxes and forced use of trucks rather than trains for Russia's logistics.

The attacks also bought time for Ukrainian troops to formulate an effective response to the Russian invasion, said Yury Ravavoi, a Belarusian activist and trade unionist who escaped to Poland under threat of arrest during the anti-government protests that rocked Belarus in 2020.

“I can’t say we were the most important factor, but we were an important brick in the wall,” he said.
The saboteurs drew inspiration from an earlier episode in Belarusian history, during World War II, when Belarusians opposed to the Nazi occupation blew up railway lines and train stations to disrupt German supply lines. The Rail War, as it is known, is venerated as a moment of triumph for Belarus, taught in schools as the most successful of the tactics deployed by resistance fighters that eased the way for Soviet troops to drive the Germans out.

Cmaier

Site Master
Staff Member
Site Donor
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
It's just a matter of time before the rest of the world is dragged into this war, it won't end until someone cuts the head of the snake.

Russia threatens strikes on UK territory: "We can strike military targets on the territory of those Nato countries that supply arms to Ukraine"

Russia has threatened to strike military targets in the UK in retaliation for sending weapons to Ukraine.

Russian foreign ministry spokesperson Maria Zakharova said: “Do we understand correctly that for the sake of disrupting the logistics of military supplies, Russia can strike military targets on the territory of those Nato countries that supply arms to the Kyiv regime?

“After all, this directly leads to deaths and bloodshed on Ukrainian territory. As far as I understand, Britain is one of those countries.”

Russia has stepped up its threats against Nato this week. Foreign minister Sergei Lavrov warned the risk of nuclear war is now “considerable” due to Western nations continuing to supply Ukrainian forces with weapons.

Cmaier

Site Master
Staff Member
Site Donor
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
Sergey Lavrov (Russia’s foreign minister) tried to explain how he could call Zelensky (who is Jewish) a Nazi. He claimed Hitler had Jewish blood. What a 💩.

Mr Lavrov made the remarks in an interview on Italian TV programme Zona Bianca on Sunday, days after Israel marked Holocaust Remembrance Day, one of the most solemn occasions in the Israeli calendar.
When asked how Russia can claim that it is fighting to "de-Nazify" Ukraine when President Volodymyr Zelensky is himself Jewish, Mr Lavrov said: "I could be wrong, but Hitler also had Jewish blood. [That Zelensky is Jewish] means absolutely nothing. Wise Jewish people say that the most ardent anti-Semites are usually Jews."
Jewish people themselves are the biggest source of anti-Semitism? WTF? We all knew this guy was a disgusting puke before, but this takes it to another level… and on Holocaust Remembrance Day.

Top Bottom
1 2