TF Guy! You know what it means

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Yep... Rashia Tlaib not too shabby on numbers either ( and not just with respect to the idea of public banks that the right hates so much but mostly associates so far to AOC).
So many intelligent women representing us today.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
I don’t want to jump into this rabbit hole; supposed anomalies or general disbelief based on the “people I know” is rampant among those saying Biden’s win isn’t legitimate. If there is some legitimate evidence of widespread fraud, then let’s see it. Otherwise, let’s just accept that Kentucky voters actually want Paul and McConnell to represent them. Maybe all that Kentucky Bourbon is being consumed before voting....

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score

iMi

Site Champ
Site Donor
Reaction score
Next to Nancy Pelosi, Katie Porter is one of the most bad-ass female politicians in Washington. I absolutely love how she puts idiots down during hearings. She's intelligent, composed and has an unprecedented ability to mix in just enough condescending tone to make it immensely satisfying to watch.

iMi

Site Champ
Site Donor
Reaction score

Do you need to ask?

Let's see... maybe because he's black and probably because he was also black at the time of the crime being committed. The reality is that he wasn't a leader. He was a young kid, growing up black in Texas, having to face a system designed to keep him in shackles, who got mixed up in a gang. What they did was horrific, no doubt. But there is evidence he played a rather passive role and even several of the jurors who delivered the verdict stated that had they have known the level of his involvement at the time, they would not have given him the death penalty.

Now, if he was white, wealthy and committed financial crimes that destroyed the lives of millions of people, he would not even be indicted. Unless those people were also wealthy and influential, then he would have gotten the Madoff treatment. Otherwise, no problem.

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
Do you need to ask?

Let's see... maybe because he's black and probably because he was also black at the time of the crime being committed. The reality is that he wasn't a leader. He was a young kid, growing up black in Texas, having to face a system designed to keep him in shackles, who got mixed up in a gang. What they did was horrific, no doubt. But there is evidence he played a rather passive role and even several of the jurors who delivered the verdict stated that had they have known the level of his involvement at the time, they would not have given him the death penalty.

Now, if he was white, wealthy and committed financial crimes that destroyed the lives of millions of people, he would not even be indicted. Unless those people were also wealthy and influential, then he would have gotten the Madoff treatment. Otherwise, no problem.
Dylan Roof is trending on Twitter today.

One reason?

https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1337395449326604292/

As you say, Roof got the option of no death penalty. That's certainly handy IF you can get it.

iMi

Site Champ
Site Donor
Reaction score
Dylan Roof is trending on Twitter today.

One reason?

https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1337395449326604292/

As you say, Roof got the option of no death penalty. That's certainly handy IF you can get it.

I've been saying this for years. Some people argue that police needs to be reformed to stop the killings of young black man. We need to change how we police communities. Right, if training was an issue, then how come police seems to have no trouble apprehending heavily armed, mass-murderers and taking them into custody as long as they're white? At the same time, they unload their pistols into a black guy with a cell phone, or a pack of smokes, or having ice cream, or having committed the horrific offense of driving with expired tags, or jaywalking...

Justice isn't blind. It seems to notice ones skin color just fine.

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
Wanton vandalism and unnecessary. Changing the policy in a new admin won't restore the wilderness. This is typical of the Trump government all over the agencies in the past four years, breaking stuff with the glee of certain knowledge that a lot of it cannot be repaired.
The more I talk to Trump voters, I realize this kind of 💩 is what they want. Stick it to the libs, blow stuff up, screw Europe, etc, etc. It’s no way to run a country! See also Brexit.

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
The more I talk to Trump voters, I realize this kind of 💩 is what they want. Stick it to the libs, blow stuff up, screw Europe, etc, etc. It’s no way to run a country! See also Brexit.

Honestly a lot of the world seems caught up in reactive rage. Can't have what I want, burn it all down. No clue how to define a problem small enough to work on or to help make any constructive change, just want to wave a wand and have whatever it is show up on the porch... and since that's not going to happen, to hell with everything and everyone. Salt the earth, burn the houses!

This cannot be all about coronavirus either. Brexit and the hyperpartisan snarling of the House Freedom Caucus in the USA preceded that.

I keep wondering what kids pick up of all this conflict, or if they are mostly sensible enough to figure "grownups are weird sometimes", so no point trying to figure out what's up with that every day. But I do wonder how it will affect these kids as they mature and develop political views. Apathy is sometimes a reaction to too much conflict and confusion about politics. That would be unfortunate.

Top Bottom
1 2