The 2020 Democratic National Convention thread

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
Barack Obama will be speaking tonight. Will Trump watch live or watch snippets tomorrow morning? Guess we will find out if the angry tweets start tonight or tomorrow.

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Barack Obama will be speaking tonight. Will Trump watch live or watch snippets tomorrow morning? Guess we will find out if the angry tweets start tonight or tomorrow.

Trump will be presented with a 4 color bar chart to explain Obama's speech.

iLunar

Power User
Reaction score
I'm impressed with the climate segment. I'm sure some folks on the right are really angry about it, but it just makes economic and social sense to diversify our environmental portfolio and have a sustainable power infrastructure. Imagine if we didn't have to be reliant on foreign oil. It's possible. I'm sometimes shocked by conservatives who oppose green energy infrastructure. It's the new industrialism.

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
I never wanted to shell out for a DVR, but I’ve found it’s worth it.

And that segment about “pushy” women and what they accomplish...👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼 One of the best parts so far.

hulugu

Site Champ
Reaction score
Oh the gun lobby’s gonna be upset. 😒

Gabby Giffords, though...she’s looking remarkable, considering.

I'm so blown away by watching her growth these last several years. I knew her before she was shot, and reported on the ground at the Safeway and hospital, jockeying with dozens of other reporters during the daily briefings.

It's amazing how far she's come.

samcraig

Reaction score
Someone's jealous

Screen Shot 2020-08-19 at 11.00.21 PM.png

hulugu

Site Champ
Reaction score
Me too.

And Obama is taking Trump to the woodshed, basically calling him a lazy poseur.

Someone likened the hunger for his speech as akin to a man sitting down for a real meal. What's interesting is that among Democrats there's a real argument over his approach to immigration, with some activists really pushing back, but even they believe that his speech was powerful.

Top Bottom
1 2