Site Donor
Reaction score
https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1539391218760749056/

STOP!!!
NWm.gif

Full time!!

SELLING OUT!!!

Woahh Ohhhhh!!!

I would like one of these so-called more "normal" conservatives to tell me what their red line is. "I haven't watched the hearings and I'll support Trump". Ugh. Just tell us you're giving him a free pass for anything he's done or will do...

"I didn't watch the BTK trial. If he invites me for family dinner, I'll be there."

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
THESE are the people they are voting for, but have issues with candidates of other parties.

One, maybe two lies, okay. Everyone has a secret or two, but when secrets constantly get revealed as this week's latest lie?

FFS

I still can't get over that at the other place someone tried to carry this idiot's water, as some model Black republican. :rolleyes: I guess it depends on the bar one sets for a model republican.
Walker apparently has multiple personality disorder, but it’s not anything to worry about, because Jesus had the same issue:

https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1539384514522259457/

I wonder if Jesus also had a bunch of kids he never told the disciples about?

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
Even when there is an opportunity for Republican politicians to be reasonable people on something that you’d think would be non-partisan, they don’t.

Today, there is a hearing about the huge sexual harassment scandal involving the Washington Commanders.

Most Democrats are pressing Roger Goodell about why this was allowed to happen, why nobody is being held accountable, etc.

Republicans? They are wasting their time basically calling the whole thing a witch hunt, with Jim Jordan using HIS time to whine about the supposedly bad treatment of the super-creepy owner of Bar Stool Sports (Dave Portnoy) and the fine levied on Jack Del Rio.

Can’t they be adults for one hour? WTF?!?!

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
There's an important part of the agenda that I think some people don't fully grasp.

In the Roe Vs. Wade thread there's a number of statements of how dems should "fight fire with fire", and mocking the sentiment of "when they go low, we go high". There's a reason why "we" don't go low. Because dems are missing that part of the now growing part of the republican agenda they don't fully grasp. It's a race to the bottom.

A bottom that for some has no floor to hit.

https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1540458319822954501/
https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1539640064841506816/
https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1540458323426037760/
https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1540350056124907520/

A former Marine slated to lead Friendswood's Fourth of July parade backed out Thursday after a coordinated campaign to remove her as grand marshal led to threats of violence against her and her family, the city's parks department announced.

Haley Carter, who also chairs Houston Mayor Sylvester Turner's Commission Against Gun Violence, "voluntarily stepped down," she said, after failed congressional hopeful, former RV salesman and conservative talk show host Jesse Kelly sicced his hundreds of thousands of Twitter followers on her and her family Wednesday. Kelly said he took exception to Carter's political views and even posted a photo of her child in an effort to intimidate Friendswood officials into canceling her inclusion in the parade.

After the city announced Carter was receiving threats of violence, Kelly celebrated, saying "UPDATE: She's gone" and declaring his actions as part of "The New Right," described by Vanity Fair's James Pogue as "a project to overthrow the thrust of progress, at least such as liberals understand the word." In Kelly's plea to his followers, he lamented that Carter was "into trans activism" and pointed out that she took her excited son to a drag show in Las Vegas to see his "favorite Queen."

While Kelly's insular following applauded his maneuver, others spoke in support for Carter. Turner, who appointed her to the city of Houston's commission in 2018, called her an "American hero" and role model.

"Simply put, Haley is the best of us," Turner said in a statement released Thursday afternoon. "It is no wonder that her hometown of Friendswood chose to honor her in their Fourth of July parade. Haley embodies everything the uniquely American holiday represents. Freedom. Independence. Love of country. In other words, the perfect Fourth of July grand marshal.

Does anyone really want to "race" an asshole who would comb someone's social media to post pictures of their loved ones online for people who don't like someone to see? You can argue one wouldn't do such a thing in return, but keep in mind where some are starting their race to the bottom. For many of us, our "bottom" is their starting block. We'd damn well better stay "high", because going "lower" will benefit no one. This is why asshole's like that guy hate ( Let's also realize in effect the asshole basically did the ugly version of "cc" to this woman who did nothing to him it seems but exist ) "cancel culture". It doesn't involve making threats, but exposing the rest of the world as to the kind of asshole that's out there and making it clear what behavior isn't acceptable.

Granted I know it sounds hypocritical coming from someone who's all about "punch a nazi in the face", but let's be honest that's fun. There's also those on the same side that would tell me that's going to far. A sentiment a nazi would agree with, but at least one side is willing to "police" itself when going too far. For some in the republican agenda that "police" would be confused with one in Texas, and there is no low they won't race towards.

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1540694693565956096/
WHAT THE FUCK?!!!

PROVIDENCE, R.I. —
A Rhode Island police officer accused of punching a woman at an abortion protest while he was off-duty was suspended from his job with pay Saturday while the Providence Police Department conducts a criminal investigation into his actions.

Jennifer Rourke, Rhode Island Political Cooperative Chairwoman and a state Senate candidate, told the Providence Journal she was punched in the face at least twice by Jeann Lugo, who had been running for the GOP nomination for a Rhode Island state senate seat.

Lugo told the Journal he was “not going to deny” the punching allegation, but added that “everything happened very fast.”

“As an officer that swore to protect and serve our communities, I, unfortunately, saw myself in a situation that no individual should see themselves in,” he said in the email to the Boston Globe. ”I stepped in to protect someone that a group of agitators was attacking.”

Lugo did not immediately respond to a request for comment from The Associated Press.

Video of the event posted online shows two other individuals involved in a physical altercation at the protest right before a woman, apparently Rourke, is seen being hit. The video does not show what happened between Lugo and Rourke prior to Rourke being hit.

Last edited:

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
The Republicans want to return to the time when only landowners could vote.

Here is Darren Bailey, the frontrunner in the GOP primary race for Governor of Illinois:

“The rest of the 90 percent of the land mass is not real happy about how 10 percent of the land mass is directing things,” Mr. Bailey said in an interview aboard his campaign bus outside a bar in Green Valley, a village of 700 people south of Peoria. “A large amount of people outside of that 10 percent don’t have a voice, and that’s a problem.”
So, land mass = voting power? We really are trying to go back to the 18th century. Of course, in many states, you’ve got more cows than people and they still get 2 senators. Apparently this massive amount of minority power for “land mass” that’s already a big part of our system just isn’t enough for the extremists in the GOP.

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
January 6 was just a peaceful protest, but this was an assault which could have killed someone? (According to Rudy Colludy). Now, I’m not condoning the behavior of the idiot who slapped Rudy on the back, but seriously?

Giuliani said this caused "physical injury including but not limited to redness, swelling, and substantial pain to the back and left side of his body, as well as causing informant to be placed in fear of physical injury, and becoming alarmed and annoyed."

Now, Donald Trump's ex-attorney is calling for the suspect to get jail time. During a news conference he said, "He hit me to knock me down and if that doesn't merit jail time in New York, we're in the wild wild west."

Giuliani, who is 78 years old, says any fall is potentially fatal at his age -- "It was a very, very heavy shot. He could have easily hit me, knocked me to the ground and killed me."

I’ve seen dog tails slap people harder than that… The lack of self-awareness of these people calling for jail time for this while seeking pardons and leniency for January 6 conspirators is a joke.

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
THIS is the republican agenda going into 2022

Electing ( somehow missing the irony ) individuals who would unashamedly crap away democracy in the name of cult like partisanship.

It's boggling to see an individual proudly say that out loud, and not laughed off & shamed away from any platform.
Let's take a quick trip back to this piece of work

https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1541556000876109824/

Wow! :oops: Proof that this party isn't a fan of Fox, should Fox dare ask the "wrong"questions.

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
The Republicans want to return to the time when only landowners could vote.

Here is Darren Bailey, the frontrunner in the GOP primary race for Governor of Illinois:

So, land mass = voting power? We really are trying to go back to the 18th century. Of course, in many states, you’ve got more cows than people and they still get 2 senators. Apparently this massive amount of minority power for “land mass” that’s already a big part of our system just isn’t enough for the extremists in the GOP.
Fortunately land mass does not have voting rights, people do.

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
January 6 was just a peaceful protest, but this was an assault which could have killed someone? (According to Rudy Colludy). Now, I’m not condoning the behavior of the idiot who slapped Rudy on the back, but seriously?

Giuliani said this caused "physical injury including but not limited to redness, swelling, and substantial pain to the back and left side of his body, as well as causing informant to be placed in fear of physical injury, and becoming alarmed and annoyed."

Now, Donald Trump's ex-attorney is calling for the suspect to get jail time. During a news conference he said, "He hit me to knock me down and if that doesn't merit jail time in New York, we're in the wild wild west."

Giuliani, who is 78 years old, says any fall is potentially fatal at his age -- "It was a very, very heavy shot. He could have easily hit me, knocked me to the ground and killed me."

I’ve seen dog tails slap people harder than that… The lack of self-awareness of these people calling for jail time for this while seeking pardons and leniency for January 6 conspirators is a joke.
Giuliani is so full of bullshit, no surprise there.

Top Bottom
1 2