The Republican Agenda 2021 and Forward

Yoused

up
Reaction score
knee deep in the road apples of the 4 horsemen
Twenty Attorneys General are suing the FDA because its reading of Title IX prevents local school districts from being able to use the school lunch program to discriminate against LGBT&c students

And, very possibly, no one actually would, but they apparently object to being denied the option. Because they are, you know, soooo in favor of choice.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score

This is some top tier grifting. Why the fuck is the RNC paying the legal fees for a "successful businessman"? On top of that I heard about a recent report that Trump PACs have raised more money than both the RNC and DNC combined.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
Republicans in the Senate are angry that Manchin stopped betraying the Democrats for 5 minutes to pass Build Back Better’s Little Brother. Who are they taking their anger out on? Oh, why not military veterans who are victims of burn pits?

https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1552716207459024897/

They still had residual anger after they finished fucking over veterans, so now they are going after the marriage equality bill already passed by a broad bipartisan coalition in the House. Again, the only reason is because America is trying to do something about climate change... and Susan Collins openly admits it!

This “party” doesn’t care about policy or people. They only care about power. In their view, Biden got a “win” so they must block everything to stop him from getting any more “wins” regardless of how many people they screw over in the process.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
I was just thinking about how Kennedy famously blew off Frank Sinatra for his association with the mob. AFAIK nobody thought Frank was in the mob. He was just kind of enamored with their leadership and the Hollywoodification of their lifestyle, but Kennedy at minimum knew that wasn’t a good look.

Now we have Republican politicians and candidates being key speakers at white supremacist/nationalist events and the reaction from those speakers and the party is largely *shrug* “I don’t know what the big deal is.”

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
I have no idea how accurate this poll is but if in some way in hell DeSantis becomes President, I'm officially moving and living the life of an expat.

https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1552877941482311680/
I think we may be looking at a Desantis/Newsom matchup and I welcome it, Newsom doesn't take any shit and sticks it to Republicans in no uncertain terms. If Biden or Kama run I don't see how they put up any real challenge.

shadow puppet

Certifiable
Reaction score
I think we may be looking at a Desantis/Newsom matchup and I welcome it, Newsom doesn't take any shit and sticks it to Republicans in no uncertain terms. If Biden or Kama run I don't see how they put up any real challenge.
I honestly hope Biden & Kamala don't run. I think we'd lose. As for Newsom, you know as a fellow Californian how much he is disliked both from Orange County & parts of Northern California too. That makes me nervous.

Citysnaps

Elite Member
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Totally agree. Between now and mid 2024, I think Newsom would do well to tighten his messaging and carry a more serious demeanor (less smiling and joviality). And stop the stunts. They get old and two (in Florida and Texas) is enough, though he got some decent media coverage out of them.

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
Republicans in the Senate are angry that Manchin stopped betraying the Democrats for 5 minutes to pass Build Back Better’s Little Brother. Who are they taking their anger out on? Oh, why not military veterans who are victims of burn pits?

https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1552716207459024897/

They still had residual anger after they finished fucking over veterans, so now they are going after the marriage equality bill already passed by a broad bipartisan coalition in the House. Again, the only reason is because America is trying to do something about climate change... and Susan Collins openly admits it!

This “party” doesn’t care about policy or people. They only care about power. In their view, Biden got a “win” so they must block everything to stop him from getting any more “wins” regardless of how many people they screw over in the process.
This was the mind blowing thing I kept seeing last night...

https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1553074556662943744/

That should be shown from now on whenever fled tries to even utter words involving "support" & "troops".

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
Interesting, from 1,100 Californians, no less. Apparently including Democrats:

They probably watched the Wyoming GOP debate. Cheney was the only sane person in it. Some of the candidates made Herschel Walker look coherent by comparison.

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
Interesting, from 1,100 Californians, no less. Apparently including Democrats:

It's completely understandable.

Before she joined the 1/6 committee and got excommunicated from the cult, Cheney pretty much towed the line on all policies from 45 no matter what. Her discovery of morals is both surprising & hopeful, compared to whatever the 'r' party wants to pour in her place in congress.

But it shouldn't be forgotten that she did walk in step, until the 45th president pointed a mob towards her & her colleagues for doing their jobs that he didn't want them to.

Bonus:

If you have never heard of "alternative fan fiction" or a story that's written about an alternate world or universe where things happened that a fan prefers, I give you this.

Just remember the beauty of fan fics. They don't have to adhere to facts or established rules of a story if they don't want to, and characters act in ways that the creator prefers, as well as outlooks altered. i.e. The bad guy was always acting in the right, there were other motivations that were unknown that shows the good guy isn't so good, etc.

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
I have no idea how accurate this poll is but if in some way in hell DeSantis becomes President, I'm officially moving and living the life of an expat.

https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1552877941482311680/
I imagine desatan is the favored choice by establishment repubs, as he doesn't carry quite the heavy stink of crazy, hatred & need for worship that the 45th president does. That isn't to say that it isn't there, but it isn't as overt as the last guy who demands fealty or else. Desatan can appeal to those who don't mind the crazy, the evil, the hatred, because he hides it a little better. He's demonstrated a little more intelligence & the impulse control not to throw food or demand he gets his way because he's the F'N ( THAT to me is the most startling thing from the story about 45 in the limo wanting to go lead the mob. The literal drug dealer who's gotten high off his own supply ) president. Still a large part of desatan's success is going to hinge on voter suppression & gerry mandering, as he's shown large corporations he can't be trusted if they do what they think is in their best interest that conflicts with his. That's a base you NEVER want to piss off.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score

Yoused

up
Reaction score
knee deep in the road apples of the 4 horsemen
I was just thinking about how Kennedy famously blew off Frank Sinatra for his association with the mob. AFAIK nobody thought Frank was in the mob.
41f15006828cf90cde0b22b22250aa2d.jpg

The LA Times and several other papers did not run these particular strips because, fear.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
41f15006828cf90cde0b22b22250aa2d.jpg

The LA Times and several other papers did not run these particular strips because, fear.

The irony is that a half century later doing business with the mob just equates to “a successful NYC businessman” to some, just doing what you got to do. No reason you should think he would take those lessons to running the country.

Top Bottom
1 2